Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Killian Clarke has a picture up on twitter of stamp marks on him, christ it's bad looking. If it's not bad enough mossy corr tells him to grow a pair of balls

Itchy

Quote from: redzone on July 14, 2019, 09:16:36 PM
Killian Clarke has a picture up on twitter of stamp marks on him, christ it's bad looking. If it's not bad enough mossy corr tells him to grow a pair of balls

Maybe he should

redzone

Get the reports up on the club championship games over the weekend lads

mrdeeds

Quote from: redzone on August 10, 2019, 08:40:58 AM
Get the reports up on the club championship games over the weekend lads

In Breffni last night and hope to go again tonight.

Lavey better team by a mile but discipline let them down. Gerry Smith ran riot till Castlerahan put Fergal Reilly on him while Cullivan dominated midfield despite looking way overweight. Lavey had two red cards and another lucky to get away with no card when on a yellow. Lavey kicked a lot wide in first half and Castlerahan came from 11 points down to go one up. Conroy had a free on 45 to draw but dropped short but then converted a handy one. Lavey definitely deserved a draw. Tierney and Enda O Connell was a great battle and Duke was very good too. Castlerahan brought on Paul Smith and Oisin O Connell which helped them too. Oisin Kiernan had a good game and kicked 3 45s while Daly battled well. Conroy probably best player on pitch. Lavey much more physical team and used their physicality well.

Itchy

Some thrashing of the gaels by crosserlough. They've a great chance to win it out this year I think.

mrdeeds

The senior championship looking open with Ramor having a superb result. Castlerahan and Kingscourt only teams through to QF. Strange result in junior with the Munchies hammering Killinkere and it effectively eliminated Denn. I still think Killinkere will win it though.

mrdeeds

And then there were two. Good local derby.

Look-Up!

It'll be a tight cagey affair I'd imagine. Hard to call a winner but I'd go for a Ramor win. They're coming together nicely at the right time. Gaels and Ramor play a very similar style and Castlerahan struggled against them at times. The introduction of Mackey helped them pick the Gaels defense but Ramor are a much better outfit. Mackey will need to be in top form for the cup to go to BJD plus there doesn't look to be 60 minutes in him. Ramor defense is more tenacious than what they faced last night and their full forward line is also much superior. Cole really does look a handful. They're very strong in midfield too and Jack Brady is playing great stuff at number 6. They like to soak up the pressure with 13 behind the ball and break very fast with good ball carriers like Brady and Cadden when they turn over. They have good ball winners inside to if they decide to go long. That's my 2 cents worth anyway.

mrdeeds

I'll go tight cagey affair. I'll sit on fence and say draw.

Look-Up!

Quote from: mrdeeds on October 01, 2019, 07:23:21 PM
I'll go tight cagey affair. I'll sit on fence and say draw.
Would be a good bet if there's any sort of odds at all

Look-Up!

Poor game in greasy conditions. Ref let the game go as best he could but some of his decisions were very questionable.
Ramor will be kicking themselves. Their shot selection and execution was terrible. Cole looked a very frustrated figure throughout but especially first half where he looked to have the beating of his man every time but they refused to go to him for some reason. When they did some of the balls in to him were over hit and wayward to say the least.
You wouldn't pick out too many forwards for the county from either team there today.
Congratulations to Mackey on his second medal. The very least the man deserves. Thee outstanding footballer in the county for many years now.

rodney trotter

Yeah a poor game. Some bad misses, especially by Ramor. Cole kicked 2 good scores in first half but they didn't kick in enough to him. A bad miss by James Brady from the free near the end, but game wasn't lost on that miss.
Castlerahan overall probaly the more assured team.   
Oisin O Connell took the goal well and kicked a great score in second half. He is a great outlet with his speed, but probaly not County standard.

Castlerahan play the Donegal champions in Breffni. It will probaly be Gweedore. They would need a big improvement to beat them. A great achievement to to back to back after the previous final defeats. A very consistent team. They retained the league also.

Look-Up!

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 13, 2019, 07:32:22 PM
Yeah a poor game. Some bad misses, especially by Ramor. Cole kicked 2 good scores in first half but they didn't kick in enough to him. A bad miss by James Brady from the free near the end, but game wasn't lost on that miss.
Castlerahan overall probaly the more assured team.   
Oisin O Connell took the goal well and kicked a great score in second half. He is a great outlet with his speed, but probaly not County standard.

Castlerahan play the Donegal champions in Breffni. It will probaly be Gweedore. They would need a big improvement to beat them. A great achievement to to back to back after the previous final defeats. A very consistent team. They retained the league also.

Yeah I think they will struggle in Ulster. They don't look as strong as they did last year either.

PeterEli

Lads, Tyrone poster here. Just wondering how many attended your county final? Seen some highlights and it looked a huge crowd.

five points

Quote from: PeterEli on October 17, 2019, 09:30:52 AM
Lads, Tyrone poster here. Just wondering how many attended your county final? Seen some highlights and it looked a huge crowd.

Official attendance was around 7,700 I think.