Should Tyrone speak to RTE

Started by CD, August 20, 2018, 11:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchard park

Quote from: Aaron Boone on September 02, 2018, 07:01:15 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on September 02, 2018, 06:52:59 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on September 02, 2018, 06:50:22 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on September 02, 2018, 06:46:41 PM
Anyone hear that the Wylies are releasing a statement about the things that were said to them in the semi final?

No.
Did you?

Yeah heard from a couple Monaghan lads. They wanted to wait till after the final as not to distract from it.

It was concerned about their family and religion.
Surely just a misunderstanding on the field of play.

Better off dealing with same issue as Colin Regan did with Francis Grehan  almost 20 years back.....

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2018, 06:50:36 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 02, 2018, 06:49:03 PM
I absolutely hope they do
Do you know what was said?
No, but hopefully we'll all find out when they release their statement. I could hazard a guess mind you
Careful now

southtyronegael

I was talking to a brother of a Monaghan player and he said it was sectarian abuse. Disgusting if true and for someone from Tyrone, a county which knows all about sectarian bigotry to say such a thing on a Gaelic football field is as low as I've ever heard. Should be named and shamed.

screenexile

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 02, 2018, 07:54:34 PM
I was talking to a brother of a Monaghan player and he said it was sectarian abuse. Disgusting if true and for someone from Tyrone, a county which knows all about sectarian bigotry to say such a thing on a Gaelic football field is as low as I've ever heard. Should be named and shamed.

No surprise!! But y'know ... nothing to do with Mickey Harte!!

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2018, 07:35:00 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 02, 2018, 07:29:41 PM
No, but hopefully we'll all find out when they release their statement. I could hazard a guess mind you
Strange comment for someone to make when they have no idea what was said. Effectively, you hope something really bad was said to them and that they release a statement on it. Your hope for Tyrone to be cast in a negative light is much greater than any sympathy you have for the victims of verbal abuse.
Dont see how you can come to that conclusion to be honest
Careful now

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: screenexile on September 02, 2018, 08:03:31 PM

It was Sky TV's fault
Careful now

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2018, 08:05:51 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 02, 2018, 08:03:41 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2018, 07:35:00 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 02, 2018, 07:29:41 PM
Strange comment for someone to make when they have no idea what was said. Effectively, you hope something really bad was said to them and that they release a statement on it. Your hope for Tyrone to be cast in a negative light is much greater than any sympathy you have for the victims of verbal abuse.
Dont see how you can come to that conclusion to be honest
As you clearly outlined that you want it to be true despite having no idea if it is or not.
Again I can't see how you came to that conclusion either.
Careful now

screenexile

Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2018, 08:07:20 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 02, 2018, 08:03:31 PM

If a Tyrone player is guilty of this, I would hope he takes responsibility himself rather than saying that Mickey Harte sent me out to do it.
You boys are crazy.

Oh no that's not how it works... the lads go out to play a game and things happen and escalate but they don't mean it and Mickey would never send anyone out to do that but at the same time he's a good lad blah blah Ricey McMenin spiel rehashed!!

He can cut all that shit out if he wants but he chooses not to!

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2018, 08:11:37 PM
I think you're stretching it to suggest from that statement a lot of the things you have insinuated, but carry on.
Careful now

BennyHarp

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 02, 2018, 08:29:46 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2018, 08:11:37 PM
I think you're stretching it to suggest from that statement a lot of the things you have insinuated, but carry on.

You don't know what was said but you hope it is released - for what reason do you want something you know nothing about to be released?
That was never a square ball!!

straightred

I heard about it the evening of the game but said nothing as i don't know what happened. The version i heard was that it was bad - if there's talk of a statement it must have been

Smokin Joe

A week ago I heard that Ryan McAnespie was on the receiving end of verbal abuse during the semi-final.

It would appear that some of the Tyrone players think anything is fair game to try and get inside the head of an opponent.  But surely, some things aren't worth winning that much?

straightred

Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 02, 2018, 09:29:09 PM
A week ago I heard that Ryan McAnespie was on the receiving end of verbal abuse during the semi-final.

It would appear that some of the Tyrone players think anything is fair game to try and get inside the head of an opponent.  But surely, some things aren't worth winning that much?

Sledging is a fact of life - it happens in all sports. If i'm honest i did a bit of it myself.

The difference here is where's the line between what's acceptable and what's bang out of order

Mourne Red

Can't say I'm surprised to hear.. Sure these players were part of the u21 team that played Tipperary and wrote the names and numbers of Tip players girlfriends on there arms.. No class

brokencrossbar1

Nothing new with Tyrone. Sledging is part of the game but references to people's personal lives and things like the death of a father or another loved one or sectarian abuse are over the line of acceptable sledging. Mickey Harte may not condone it but he certainly never condemns it. For someone who has been through so much personally I would question his a la Carte Christian views on what is acceptable and what isn't.