American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Gmac on February 14, 2019, 12:27:12 AM
Throwing all the chips in with Jackson might not be the best strategy either teams seem to figure out to play against running qbs a lot faster than pocket passers.

Flacco is terrible though. Going with Jackson, who might be good, rather than Flacco, who is awful, is a no brainer.

RealSpiritof98

Kap and the NFL settle out of court, how much you think he's getting? has to be close to 100 milly i would think.

Capt Pat

It looks like we will never know as they are not allowed to say. The next question to answer is will he get back into the NFL?

Gmac

Eric Reid just got 12 million contract the other day and word is kapernick wanted 20 million to play in the new aafl or whatever it's called but was not signed ,he's worth more money not playing at this stage

Gabriel_Hurl

^^^^ That league sold itself to the owner of Carolina's NHL team this weekend for $250m - and missed paying it's players for Week 1 games. He knew what he was doing asking for $20m

In baseball news - now where does Harper fall?

QuoteBREAKING: Manny Machado has agreed to terms on a deal with the Padres. According to a league source, it's for 10 years and $300 million - the biggest free-agent contract in the history of American sports.

Dolph1

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on February 15, 2019, 08:37:41 PM
Kap and the NFL settle out of court, how much you think he's getting? has to be close to 100 milly i would think.

Unreal that he's getting any money for not being good enough to start at a team.

His actions made him toxic. If I acted the c*** at work I don't expect that my employers would want keep me and I wouldn't expect to get a huge payoff from other companies who refused to hire me because of my reputation.

There is only one reason they are giving him money and it's not for his skills.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

magpie seanie

Quote from: Dolph1 on February 19, 2019, 06:00:42 PM

Unreal that he's getting any money for not being good enough to start at a team.

His actions made him toxic. If I acted the c*** at work I don't expect that my employers would want keep me and I wouldn't expect to get a huge payoff from other companies who refused to hire me because of my reputation.

At last something I can agree with you on. They're giving him this money because all the owners colluded against him and refused to give him a job. They have admitted they were wrong by paying him. It's crystal clear.

As for his skills - he is better than 6-10 starting QB's in the league and all but 2 or 3 of the backups. That is abundantly clear to anyone who is objective and capable of evaluating the position. Strong word he's going to sign with Carolina (would be a very similar and capable replacement for Cam) or the Patriots.

Dolph1

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 20, 2019, 11:42:01 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on February 19, 2019, 06:00:42 PM

At last something I can agree with you on. They're giving him this money because all the owners colluded against him and refused to give him a job. They have admitted they were wrong by paying him. It's crystal clear.

As for his skills - he is better than 6-10 starting QB's in the league and all but 2 or 3 of the backups. That is abundantly clear to anyone who is objective and capable of evaluating the position. Strong word he's going to sign with Carolina (would be a very similar and capable replacement for Cam) or the Patriots.

I don't think we are in agreement here Seanie

He's getting a payoff just to shut him up and make him go away. His continual presence around the NFL conversations has hit their audience numbers and sponsorship as well as the now standard awkwardness of the national anthem is his disgusting legacy.

He was found out as a player and benched. Last act was to pass for 4 YARDS in 3 Quarters in a loss to the bears.
That's not a backup you want and no club is going to touch him. Stick to race baiting and making cash.

dec

Zion Williamson, reckoned to be the best player in college basketball injured his knee last night when his Nike sneaker fell apart shortly into the Duke/NC game

Boycey

There's no reckoned about it, he's an absolute freak..

gallsman

There's a mountain of hype about Zion, all of it deserved, but he might not even be the best player on the Duke team. Barrett is insanely good.

Dolph1

Another good reason to boycott Nike.

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on February 21, 2019, 06:24:24 PM
There's a mountain of hype about Zion, all of it deserved, but he might not even be the best player on the Duke team. Barrett is insanely good.

They'll be 1 and 2 in the draft with Reddish also in the top 5, which is mental. Tre Jones is probably Dukes most important player though. He'll be a 1st round pick too.. The Knicks have a 14% chance of getting Zion, should him an Durrant come in they'll go from nobodies to contenders pretty quick. 

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on February 21, 2019, 07:29:47 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 21, 2019, 06:24:24 PM

They'll be 1 and 2 in the draft with Reddish also in the top 5, which is mental. Tre Jones is probably Dukes most important player though. He'll be a 1st round pick too.. The Knicks have a 14% chance of getting Zion, should him an Durrant come in they'll go from nobodies to contenders pretty quick.

No they won't lol. They're the Knicks. Dolan will contrive to bungle it.

Gabriel_Hurl

Holy shit!

https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/1098987556551553024

Quote@JesseRodriguez

Jupiter, FL police chief confirms NE Patriots owner Robert Kraft charged in prostitution ring bust

"Fellate-Gate"