Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Quote from: Pietas on January 16, 2008, 10:19:15 AM
Quote from: AbbeySider on January 15, 2008, 06:53:12 PM
Pietas,

That is indeed a strange one. I thought there was already a Mayo supports in Dublin club.
I think that another one was going to be set up a while back and it caused some trouble.
You might find references to it in the "old" gaa board. As a matter of interest did the email say how much membership was?

I remember that moves were made to bring Mayo fans together through this board and a meeting was held in the Burlington (RIP) attended by John Maughan and Kevin McStay, but nothing seemed to happen after that. It would appear that the county board are now in cahoots with some of the people who organised that event (I'm presuming that's how come I've be emailed).  There was no reference in the email as to how much membership will cost.

Not sure how you've been emailed - but from reading your email it seems that this move is being made by a seperate organisation than then one where a few lads got drunk in Mulligans and put together that bash in the Burlington. The Mayo/Dublin GAA lot that are organising Club Mayo were not involved in anyway in the unofficial group that was mainly lads from here, and the County Board wouldn't have touched us with a barge pole :)

Mayo4Sam

Pietas, would u forward me on the email, i mite go down for a look, doubt i'll join, feel i give enough i going to all the mayo matches
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Pietas

In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

Mayo4Sam

Cheers, pietas
I'll go along for the nite if anyone else is interested in coming along?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

AbbeySider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 17, 2008, 10:59:29 PM
Cheers, pietas
I'll go along for the nite if anyone else is interested in coming along?

Im not in Dublin but its an interesting idea. At first not much was known about this new organisation...
Before the air was cleared by Davitt Man and Co, my imagination went wild and conjured something like a vague, even elite organisation of exiled and deep pocketed Mayo business men. With meetings being a mixture of Tammany Hall and Freemasonry like rituals with secret handshakes between members and mysterious symbology like yew trees, a Patriarchial Cross, three Passion Crosses, and a ship on waves and the Golden Rose.

That would have been more interesting for the conspiracy theorists among us!  :P  ;)  :D

Davitt Man

Anyone hear that Kevin O'Neill is back with Knockmore this year?

Glensman

Anyone fire on the Ballina winning team from the Connaught final?

Cheers.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Glensman on January 18, 2008, 11:59:15 AM
Anyone fire on the Ballina winning team from the Connaught final?

Cheers.
not been smart Glensman but whats your question ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

BangBang

Hes probably from Nemo lads... Don't bother putting it up. As the bishop said to the actress, I know nothing!

Farrandeelin

He's from Antrim actually. That's a Derryman been confused as a Dub and now an Antrim man confused with been from Cork! :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

stephenite

I think he's asking if anyone placed a bet on the Stephenites winning the thing out after they won Connacht title, probably the rank outsiders at the bookies given the pedigree of Cross and Nemo and the fact that a team from Dublin is involved.

Or perhaps he's wondering if someone on the Stephenite team has been fired? Or maybe set on fire? Or has been arrested for starting a fire?

Tubberman

Mayo 5 points to 1 up after 17 mins. Mayo dominating all over the field.
Dillon (3 pts, 2 from play), Gill and Peadar Gardiner the scorers

Nallen in goal again, C Moran playing corner back. Ger Cafferkey in half back line. Seamus O'Shea and Gardiner in midfield. Benson and Mullins in a 2-man full forward line
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Tubberman

mayo 4 points up at half time. 1-6 to 1-2. Peadar Gardiner orchestrating things from midfield, Mayo have 8 wides though :-(
Mickey Mullins with the Mayo goal. Ros got their goal shortly afterwards. Frankie Dolan missed a 21yd free as well - good ould Frankie

Tubberman

Mayo 2-14 2-08 Roscommon at full time.

Mayo hit 17 wides which is a bit of a worry. Brian Benson got Mayo's 2nd goal. Dillon got 7 points, Mayo seemed to put some good moves together. That's the end of competitive action until the game against Derry. But there is a game against Westmeath next weekend under lights in Ballinrobe which will be the first time the students will be back in the squad

Davitt Man

Mayo coffers to be boosted
18 January 2008

Mayo's bid to land a long-awaited All-Ireland SFC title is to receive a filip with news that a new supporters' club is to be established in Dublin.

Mayo County Board Chairman James Waldron and team-manager John O'Mahony will launch the body, 'Mayo GAA Dublin' next month in the capital.

The official launch of the new club will take place at the Garda Club in Harrington Street on Tuesday, February 5th.

It is understood that all monies raised will go towards defraying the costs of the senior, under 21 and minor teams.