Armagh so good,Tyrone play club championship games there!

Started by T Fearon, September 18, 2017, 01:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Yes,Omagh will play Ardboe in the Tyrone Senior Championship fixture at the Athletic Grounds,Armagh,this week.Amazed such a big GAA county like Tyrone has only one floodlit option in the entire county

Gabriel_Hurl

BennyCake

Winners are out 4 days later too.

Another example of how much the county team rule the roost, and clubs are an afterthought.

bennydorano

The Athletic Grounds didn't look great Friday night tbh after a lot of recent rain & games, a further 2 wet games on Saturday and one tonight will hardly help, forecast is shite for Wednesday as well.

naka

Quote from: BennyCake on September 18, 2017, 03:33:38 PM
Winners are out 4 days later too.

Another example of how much the county team rule the roost, and clubs are an afterthought.
Tbf there was a bereavement so good to see some spirit of community between the county boards, to get the game played.

yellowcard

Good to see the Tyrone county board putting some money into the Armagh county board coffers.

T Fearon

The issue here is surely the fact that such a big county like Tyrone has only one floodlit venue in Omagh

BennyCake

Quote from: T Fearon on September 18, 2017, 07:44:13 PM
The issue here is surely the fact that such a big county like Tyrone has only one floodlit venue in Omagh

The bigger issue here is a cup of tay has doubled in price for Wednesday night!

illdecide

If the AG is not in great condition send them on up the road to me and we'll sort them out...no baw. Davitt Pk pitch is in some condition atm, just cut her this evening and she's like Croke ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Orior

They channel all their money into winning the McKenna Cup.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Orior on September 18, 2017, 09:52:22 PM

They channel all their money into winning the McKenna Cup.

Tyrone were the best team in Ulster in January 2016 and 2017 and proved it again come July. Maybe some of the other ulster counties who have won nothing of note in a long time should start taking it a bit more serious.

vallankumous

It's embarrassing for Tyrone.

There are a good few floodlit pitches. I don't see why they are moving it to Armagh. Is there an official reason given?

Club Rossa

A few venues in Tyrone with great floodlights but none of them would be able to accommodate the large crowd that this game will pull in.

tiempo

Quote from: Club Rossa on September 19, 2017, 03:07:08 PM
A few venues in Tyrone with great floodlights but none of them would be able to accommodate the large crowd that this game will pull in.

Back pitch at Carmen same as 2005 semi-final replay?
Surely the crowd wont be so big as to require a county ground.
A tighter venue to allow for a better atmosphere would have been ideal.