Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Quote from: Syferus on December 14, 2017, 03:07:53 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on December 14, 2017, 02:40:14 PM
best wind up merchant on the board and brings out the true bullying Nature and herd mentality of many contributors here

A good wind-up merchant is someone like Lar who has the sense when to stick the boot in for maximum effect, and there's no desperation for a reaction. If most people can easily see though the act it's not a particularly good act to begin with.
no a good wind up merchant is some one who can generate pages and pages of hate filled drivel with a silly comment its noy abouty making a point or sticking the boot in it just about annoying fools and making them foam at the mouth .the humour is more miss than hit but I love the reactions of people to it
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

BennyHarp

Its hard work attempting to step over all those who have fallen over themselves to make abusive and inappropriate comments to a board member, who they feel is abusive and makes inappropriate comments.

But anyway, I just read this very sad and unusual story about a 70 year old Irish man who seemingly burst into flames on a street in London. I'm sure there is a very logical explanation but at the minute emergency services are struggling to explain what happened. RIP - I hope his family get some explanation for it all.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/man-catches-fire-dies-london-street-haringey-john-nolan-70-age-police-appeal-metropolitan-a8111901.html
That was never a square ball!!

Orior

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 15, 2017, 12:35:20 PM
Its hard work attempting to step over all those who have fallen over themselves to make abusive and inappropriate comments to a board member, who they feel is abusive and makes inappropriate comments.

But anyway, I just read this very sad and unusual story about a 70 year old Irish man who seemingly burst into flames on a street in London. I'm sure there is a very logical explanation but at the minute emergency services are struggling to explain what happened. RIP - I hope his family get some explanation for it all.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/man-catches-fire-dies-london-street-haringey-john-nolan-70-age-police-appeal-metropolitan-a8111901.html

Good post.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Dire Ear

Maybe......that board member could stop making  abusive and inappropriate comments,  even if he assumes they're funny

T Fearon

Sir Billy Hastings owner of luxury Hotel Chain in the North including Belfast Europa,Culloden etc.Alas he has finally checked out.RIP

longballin

Quote from: Dire Ear on December 15, 2017, 02:07:02 PM
Maybe......that board member could stop making  abusive and inappropriate comments,  even if he assumes they're funny

Ditto...

Syferus

Quote from: longballin on December 15, 2017, 03:42:12 PM

Ditto...

This is exactly where light moderation is needed. By having none it's emboldened someone like Ferron to feel he has impunity to drag a discussion off topic and swing the spotlight on himself. He's clearly not going to be the bigger man so even acknowledging any comment is pointless. It's the moderators that should be contacted.

HiMucker

Quote from: Syferus on December 15, 2017, 03:51:53 PM

Ditto...

This is exactly where light moderation is needed. By having none it's emboldened someone like Ferron to feel he has impunity to drag a discussion off topic and swing the spotlight on himself. He's clearly not going to be the bigger man so even acknowledging any comment is pointless. It's the moderators that should be contacted.
Gone take the hour you said it would take you to set up a better site, and we will move over to that sure.

Syferus

Quote from: HiMucker on December 15, 2017, 03:55:59 PM

Ditto...

Gone take the hour you said it would take you to set up a better site, and we will move over to that sure.

It would take about five minutes to set up a freely-hosted forum, actually. Even you could do it. Moderation on a forum is not some sort of exotic gift you should not expect, but a minority here suffer from extreme cases of Stockholm syndrome when it comes to the topic.

bennydorano

Quote from: T Fearon on December 15, 2017, 03:37:08 PM
Sir Billy Hastings owner of luxury Hotel Chain in the North including Belfast Europa,Culloden etc.Alas he has finally checked out.RIP
I could actually see people saying that at his wake.

HiMucker

Quote from: Syferus on December 15, 2017, 04:05:40 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on December 15, 2017, 03:55:59 PM

Ditto...

It would take about five minutes to set up a freely-hosted forum, actually. Even you could do it. Moderation on a forum is not some sort of exotic gift you should not expect, but a minority here suffer from extreme cases of Stockholm syndrome when it comes to the topic.
thanks for your glowing recommendation of my IT skill set  ;D

playwiththewind1st

[/quote]

[/quote]

You could try that but he appears to have bought them off.

Dougal Maguire

While I do think a lot of his stuff is tasteless and certainly the vast majority of it is just not funny, I refuse to let him get under my skin. It would appear, however, that others are more sensitive and to be honest I do think that if he had a shred of decency he'd stop using this emotive subject and this particular thread as a means of winding those people up. There are lots of other threads where he can do that. I also think at this stage, that the mods should be gently nudging him in that direction.
Careful now

longballin

I accept I have reacted more and more to Tony's tasteless 'jokes' on this thread - to the point of overreacting. However I feel at this stage he continues to do it because he knows some people find it offensive rather than have the decency to stop. I'll try and make that my last comment on the matter whatever he does...

Orior

Can you all chill out?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians