Norn Iron gets the chop at GAA game

Started by longballin, September 13, 2016, 12:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 16, 2016, 09:49:14 AM
Am I reading this right...some one here would re-consider dealing with or giving trade to companies that have a .co.uk after their domain name?
Really?

If the company is trying to sell stuff to me then they should be encouraging me to buy, not coat trailing.
Others may support the company's objectives and find this laughable.

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 16, 2016, 09:50:13 AM
I'm lucky Liverpool FC have a .com in their website.

Is that supposed to be funny? Ha ha.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Brick Tamlin

The company isn't trying to sell stuff to just you but rather the general public which is usually made up of a variety of races, creeds and political persuasions.
Put yourself in their position and have a think about the challenges youd be facing if you were to try and satisfy the whims of every type of person in the public arena.
Its impossible.

I despair when I hear such nonsense, especially when there are bigger social and economic challenges to be faced in this part of the world.

smelmoth

This idea that having a .co.uk website or having a map of NI on your brand material when you operate exclusively in NI is coat trailing is laughable.

Anybody that thinks that Donnelly's did this to provoke a response is deluded.

The banners should not have been taken down and a senior ruling needs to be made to ensure this is used as precedent.

To we have to reject sponsorship from Power NI or the like? Has all funding from Sports NI to be refunded? Is there a deputation from Galbally touring clubs and counties squeezing this money out of them so it can be sent back?

armaghniac

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 16, 2016, 12:49:33 PM
The company isn't trying to sell stuff to just you but rather the general public which is usually made up of a variety of races, creeds and political persuasions.
Put yourself in their position and have a think about the challenges youd be facing if you were to try and satisfy the whims of every type of person in the public arena.

Ok then, explain to me how a .co.uk domain is more balanced than a .com one.

QuoteI despair when I hear such nonsense, especially when there are bigger social and economic challenges to be faced in this part of the world.

No doubt. Almost everything here isn't the most important thing in the world, is this a version of the usual MOPERY method of shutting down discussion, i.e. if there is something worse somewhere in the world at some time in history then you are not allowed point it out?

Brick Tamlin

Point it out surely but to be fair its not what matters most in our society. Can you not see that?
In the hierarchy of things that are more important id say its pretty low down the pecking order.

as for the balance of the domain names, I have no idea what youre on about. Its a completely trivial matter.

Estimator

Just had a look at the Donnelly Group website. Some serious coat trailing going on there. The initial banner has a red car positioned alongside a van that's white and at the end of the row is a blue van.  Seriously, how could any decent nationalist buy a vehicle from an outfit like that!!   :P
Ulster League Champions 2009

armaghniac

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 16, 2016, 02:04:14 PM
Point it out surely but to be fair its not what matters most in our society. Can you not see that?
In the hierarchy of things that are more important id say its pretty low down the pecking order.

The company has chosen the image they want to put forward, I don't like it, you do. This is indeed not the most important thing in the world, I didn't complain (although they are at this 6 county crack on ArmaghTV also) nor start this thread.

Quote from: Estimator on September 16, 2016, 04:13:33 PM
Just had a look at the Donnelly Group website. Some serious coat trailing going on there. The initial banner has a red car positioned alongside a van that's white and at the end of the row is a blue van.  Seriously, how could any decent nationalist buy a vehicle from an outfit like that!!   :P

Thank you for that informative contribution. No orange or green ones then? No doubt the absence of a pink or rainbow coloured car also implies something about their views about the homosexual community.

Rossfan

Jaysus Armaghniac for a normally sensible poster you've lost your marbles altogether on this nonsense.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on September 16, 2016, 05:43:15 PM
Jaysus Armaghniac for a normally sensible poster you've lost your marbles altogether on this nonsense.

it is the excitement of Mayo being on the brink of an All Ireland, it is too much.

longballin

Quote from: HiMucker on September 15, 2016, 10:28:44 AM
Some of the advertising signs at our own ground and others state "Londonderry", should we pull them down?

Yes

muppet

MWWSI 2017