Started by seafoid, September 12, 2016, 10:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

I think there was a thread about this on one of the old boards

#1 Galway are natural footballers
#2 Three steps unless you are going for a goal in which 15 are acceptable
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

#3 If the allotted injury time expires, you shall allow only blow the full time whistle either a) if the leading team has possession, or b) after the trailing team have kicked a wide, or turned the ball over.

HiMucker

If you get fouled after you kick pass, free where the ball lands.  If you get fouled after you shoot and the ball goes wide, tough luck

AZOffaly

Quote from: HiMucker on September 12, 2016, 10:59:18 AM
If you get fouled after you kick pass, free where the ball lands.  If you get fouled after you shoot and the ball goes wide, tough luck

YES!!!!! That used to completely drive me f**king mad!

5 Sams

Your club's county player gets dog's abuse from the opposition without any protection from the ref...yet as soon as he commits an innocuous foul he gets a yellow >:(
The Aristocrat Years

HiMucker

Last 5 mins in a championship match excessive force is permitted in every challenge and players are no longer protected when picking the ball of the ground

AZOffaly

Quote from: HiMucker on September 12, 2016, 11:30:24 AM
Last 5 mins in a championship match excessive force is permitted in every challenge and players are no longer protected when picking the ball of the ground

And first 5.

HiMucker

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 12, 2016, 11:07:41 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on September 12, 2016, 10:59:18 AM

YES!!!!! That used to completely drive me f**king mad!
Im listing all the ones that do my head in!

theskull1

The 5 second rule can be anything from 2 seconds to 8 seconds
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

HiMucker

Quote from: theskull1 on September 12, 2016, 12:57:12 PM
That reminds me, two turns in the space of two steps and two seconds.  Over carrying!!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: HiMucker on September 12, 2016, 01:25:44 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 12, 2016, 12:57:12 PM
That reminds me, two turns in the space of two steps and two seconds.  Over carrying!!!

If you look like you know what you're doing, and where you're going, you'll get away with approx 10 steps. If you look in anyway hestitant or confused, you will get penalised within the 4 steps.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Brick Tamlin

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 12, 2016, 11:13:33 AM
Your club's county player gets dog's abuse from the opposition without any protection from the ref...yet as soon as he commits an innocuous foul he gets a yellow >:(
its quite the opposite I find.
The county star never gets penalised for half the things he should. He can throw elbows, fists, cause rows and generally break rules but not get punished by weak refs. All because who he is/was.

5 Sams

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 12, 2016, 02:03:21 PM
The county star never gets penalised for half the things he should. He can throw elbows, fists, cause rows and generally break rules but not get punished by weak refs. All because who he is/was.

In many cases its a lot to do with the club he is with ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Boycey

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 12, 2016, 02:03:21 PM

I was thinking similar, the young corner forward in one corner might have to get decapitated to get a free but the boy in the other corner who is the county golden boy gets a free if someone even brushes past him.