Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Liam O'Murchu,another legendary Cork broadcaster following close on death of Bill O'Herlihy.Both represented a bygone age of decency and etiquette unlike the uncouth popular RTE contemporary broadcasters

Estimator

Ulster League Champions 2009

5 Sams

Val Doonican...the chair has stopped rocking.
The Aristocrat Years

deiseach

I'm anticipating a combined minute's silence in Thurles on Sunday week for Jimmy Doyle and Val Doonican. Tis only fair.

Billys Boots

Quote from: deiseach on July 02, 2015, 10:53:22 AM
I'm anticipating a combined minute's silence in Thurles on Sunday week for Jimmy Doyle and Val Doonican. Tis only fair.

I'd pay to see that!  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: T Fearon on June 29, 2015, 10:20:42 PM
Liam O'Murchu,another legendary Cork broadcaster following close on death of Bill O'Herlihy.Both represented a bygone age of decency and etiquette unlike the uncouth popular RTE contemporary broadcasters
Not always the case. O'Murchu was sometimes impatient with his interviewees. On "Up for the match" for example he'd often start badgering rambling codgers to hurry up in a non-subtle manner.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on July 02, 2015, 11:06:53 AM
Not always the case. O'Murchu was sometimes impatient with his interviewees. On "Up for the match" for example he'd often start badgering rambling codgers to hurry up in a non-subtle manner.

True, my parents used to run into him now and again in Connemara and always said that he was a rude, arrogant creature. 

Hardy

Bualadh bos for that much.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Billys Boots on July 02, 2015, 01:20:48 PM

True, my parents used to run into him now and again in Connemara and always said that he was a rude, arrogant creature.
If his car wasn't badly damaged, there's no excuse for his attitude!

Billys Boots

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on July 02, 2015, 03:55:36 PM

I agree.  :D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Billys Boots on July 02, 2015, 04:55:12 PM

I agree.  :D

Big assumption that it was his car!

moysider

Nice one! not often we get a laugh on this thread!

BennyCake

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 02, 2015, 10:47:43 AM
Val Doonican...the chair has stopped rocking.

I wonder how his brother, Ben, is doing.