Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2015, 11:49:44 AM
Seriously? Did he fall out a fecking window or something? Surely a fall off a treadmill wouldn't kill a 47 year old man?

Freak accident presumably.

Four seasons taken some flak for no supervision but have have denied it was on their property. 

Probably staying at  private villa this sort of thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casa_Aramara

http://www.casaaramara.com/amenities.php

5 Sams

Eroll Brown lead singer Hot Chocolate. 71. Liver cancer
The Aristocrat Years

Aristo 60

I believe in miracles....

RIP

T Fearon

Hopefully he'll get to compare the real heaven with the back seat of his cadillac

Agent Orange

Former broadcaster and RTÉ TV presenter Derek Davis has died aged 67.

Mr Davis was born in Co Down and began his media career as a news journalist, working with the American network ABC and BBC Northern Ireland before moving to the newsroom in RTÉ.

He later moved into light entertainment and is fondly remembered for his work alongside Thelma Mansfield on the popular afternoon show Live at Three.

He worked on a range of other shows, won two Jacob's awards and was twice presenter of the Rose of Tralee.

His love of the marine came to the fore in the late 1990s when he presented the programme Out of the Blue.

He also worked on several radio shows including A Question of Food, and following his retirement from RTÉ he presented a radio programme on 4FM.

He suffered from health problems in later years and spoke openly about his battle with his weight.

Last year he had gastric surgery, which saw him losing over five stone.

A talented and versatile broadcaster, Mr Davis was a very popular figure with radio and television audiences alike.

He is survived by his wife and three sons.

Ulick

Was listening to him Derek the radio on Sunday and he was in great form. RIP big man.

seafoid

Quote from: Agent Orange on May 13, 2015, 12:47:35 PM
Former broadcaster and RTÉ TV presenter Derek Davis has died aged 67.

Mr Davis was born in Co Down and began his media career as a news journalist, working with the American network ABC and BBC Northern Ireland before moving to the newsroom in RTÉ.

He later moved into light entertainment and is fondly remembered for his work alongside Thelma Mansfield on the popular afternoon show Live at Three.

He worked on a range of other shows, won two Jacob's awards and was twice presenter of the Rose of Tralee.

His love of the marine came to the fore in the late 1990s when he presented the programme Out of the Blue.

He also worked on several radio shows including A Question of Food, and following his retirement from RTÉ he presented a radio programme on 4FM.

He suffered from health problems in later years and spoke openly about his battle with his weight.

Last year he had gastric surgery, which saw him losing over five stone.

A talented and versatile broadcaster, Mr Davis was a very popular figure with radio and television audiences alike.

He is survived by his wife and three sons.
He was in the Sindo 3 days ago

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/when-the-rte-exec-said-i-was-fat-i-wanted-to-break-his-jaw-31209729.html
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Canalman

Sorry to hear about DD. Was reading about him at the weekend.

Unfortunately,  Live at Three together with other programmes like Pebble Mill at One, Open University, Test Cricket (unless when it rained you got to see a film) and other 1980s daytime tv muck are not remembered by me with fondness.

T Fearon

Last man to manage a Down team to an All Ireland win.

Dubh driocht

Apart from the hurlers,women and camogs, you are correct Tony. And what a glorious triumph it was in 2009. The surreal sight of Street Sellers in North Dublin shouting 'Get the last of the Glasdrumman colours now'. He was an articulate, humorous and compassionate giant of a man who will be fondly remembered in Mourne.

BennyCake

Ah, Derek was a decent scud. Sorry to hear that.

Thewildcat

Tom Furlong of tullamore and offaly football of the early 60's well know to the irish in the catshills in New York brother of Martin the winner of 3 all ireland medals, R.I.P.

AZOffaly

Cheers wildcat. I posted a thread about Tom on the Main board, but forgot to update this thread. RIP.

Over the Bar

Mrs Ghandi.   The board didn't exist back then so only right to recognise retrospectively.

Thewildcat

they said when Tom Furlong and Peter Nolan left ireland offaly lost 2 of their best footballers i think we would have won one before 1971 if they had stayed in ireland.