Dougal Maguire

Frank Thornton aka Captain Peacock from Are you being served
Careful now

orangeman

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 18, 2013, 06:07:08 PM
Frank Thornton aka Captain Peacock from Are you being served

One of THE all time greats.

Onion Bag

Had to make the dreaded decision at the vets yesterday to put my Golden Retriver to sleep, he had severe arthritis in his joints and wasnt going to make a recovery. Totally Devastated
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

ziggysego

Quote from: Onion Bag on March 19, 2013, 10:24:43 AM
Had to make the dreaded decision at the vets yesterday to put my Golden Retriver to sleep, he had severe arthritis in his joints and wasnt going to make a recovery. Totally Devastated

I had to do the same last year. I had a wee Cairn Terrier. Totally heartbreaking.
Testing Accessibility

Harold Disgracey

The horror writer James Herbert, aged 69. Have to say I think I must have read every one of his books.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 21, 2013, 10:00:05 AM
The horror writer James Herbert, aged 69. Have to say I think I must have read every one of his books.
Would have read most of his books as well , RIP

Declan

Former Olympic 200m champion Pietro Mennea dies, aged 60

The sprinter won 200m gold at the 1980 Moscow Olympics, beating Britain's 100m champion Alan Wells into second place.
Mennea also won bronze in the 4x400 relay at the same Olympics, to add to a 200m bronze from the 1972 Munich Games.

He broke the 200m world record in 1979 with a time of 19.72 seconds, a record that stood for 17 years until Michael Johnson ran 19.66 in 1996.
American Johnson's record was bettered by Jamaica's Usain Bolt at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and now stands at 19.19 - but Mennea's time remains the European record.
Later a Member of the European Parliament following his retirement from athletics, Mennea also collected three European Championship golds at 100m and 200m during his career.
Italian National Olympic Committee president Giovanni Malago said Mennea's body would lie in state at Olympic committee headquarters. No cause of death has been announced.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Declan on March 22, 2013, 07:47:33 AM
Former Olympic 200m champion Pietro Mennea dies, aged 60

The sprinter won 200m gold at the 1980 Moscow Olympics, beating Britain's 100m champion Alan Wells into second place.
Mennea also won bronze in the 4x400 relay at the same Olympics, to add to a 200m bronze from the 1972 Munich Games.

He broke the 200m world record in 1979 with a time of 19.72 seconds, a record that stood for 17 years until Michael Johnson ran 19.66 in 1996.
American Johnson's record was bettered by Jamaica's Usain Bolt at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and now stands at 19.19 - but Mennea's time remains the European record.
Later a Member of the European Parliament following his retirement from athletics, Mennea also collected three European Championship golds at 100m and 200m during his career.
Italian National Olympic Committee president Giovanni Malago said Mennea's body would lie in state at Olympic committee headquarters. No cause of death has been announced.

Steroid abuse?
#newbridgeornowhere

Tony Baloney

Boris Berezhovsky. "Apparent suicide". Nothing suspicious there  ???

lawnseed

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 23, 2013, 08:23:16 PM
Boris Berezhovsky. "Apparent suicide". Nothing suspicious there  ???

He might had a run in with an umberella
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once