Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunsilly King

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 27, 2019, 10:55:36 AM
Some interesting results in division 1. St Brigid st galls draw, st endas beat by gorts and Cargin beating Creggan well. (The rest probably as expected).

St Endas getting bt is a surprise, looks like they aren't going to push on this season, four games in they should be improving instead of regressing, getting into the top 6 is crucial to their development. Casements doing well to date, but they lost the only game they played against one of the top teams, jurys out? Grt result for St Brigids. They won't be dropping down. Went to Creggans game, out classed and in truth could have lost by a lot more. They were short four good players but Cargin were short three starters I counted as well. I think they play St Galls next, its a big game for them I feel.

Belfast GAA man

With NE paying a hurling manager too this year maybe the players are being stretched more than before. They r flying in the hurling

Last Man

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on April 28, 2019, 01:44:49 PM
With NE paying a hurling manager too this year maybe the players are being stretched more than before. They r flying in the hurling
No different from any other season tbf, injuries to a couple of our work horse players has left us stretched us to the point that any amount  of talent will not compensate for. We need to get a grip of this soon.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Last Man on April 28, 2019, 02:21:06 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on April 28, 2019, 01:44:49 PM
No different from any other season tbf, injuries to a couple of our work horse players has left us stretched us to the point that any amount  of talent will not compensate for. We need to get a grip of this soon.

its difficult to do but with a bit of common sense it can work. we have a good balance at the moment with the hurling set up and players get rested from training for both teams. same goes with matches as well, they dont get played all the time if they hurled at the weekend for instance and then ask them to play on a weds night in the football.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Some interesting results again last night. Portglenone drawing with the johnnies. St Teresa seem to have stepped it up a bit too. You'd have expected st brigids to be too strong for them.

Division 2 seems quite open as well with results looking up and down.

Dunsilly King

Didn't make any games yesterday evening, but for me the notable result was three defeats in a row for Creggan.

imtommygunn

Where is the corner forward Liam Quinn? I thought he was one of their better players last year but doesn't look to be about this year.

(I suspect with winning the league last year they may be more worried about peaking for c'ship too.)

toby47

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 02, 2019, 03:32:41 PM
Where is the corner forward Liam Quinn? I thought he was one of their better players last year but doesn't look to be about this year.

(I suspect with winning the league last year they may be more worried about peaking for c'ship too.)

Liam Quinn is injured - think he played in their first league game

Belfast GAA man

Saffron Gael coverage is top class across all leagues - fair play
No big surprises for me in Div 1 except Aghagallon's performance and maybe Creggan going to concentrate on Championships
Rossa shoe in for Div 2 and NPol finding their feet in Div 3 and will climb up the league in the weeks and months ahead

imtommygunn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 02, 2019, 04:55:44 PM
No big surprises for me in Div 1 except Aghagallon's performance and maybe Creggan going to concentrate on Championships
Rossa shoe in for Div 2 and NPol finding their feet in Div 3 and will climb up the league in the weeks and months ahead

It really does make you more interested and aware as to what's going on. Great service. Not so sure on st pauls - I think they might be a while down in that division yet though I see they have been winning at feile level so maybe will come good when they get some of their youth through.

BrendanAntrim

Just to back up comments on Saffron Gael - superb really. I hope those involved are getting something out of it, I know individuals and clubs can sponsor, buy ads etc. Keep it up folks.

Dunsilly King

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 02, 2019, 03:32:41 PM

What, they didn't peak for the championship last year? They are not St Galls or Cargin who know what it takes. No, make no mistake this is a slump, and certainly not by design. Loosing three league games in a row to your main contenders is not preparation for anything. Cargin won the championship last year and came third in the league and as far I am know played most of the league with many injuries. There will be concern in Creggan at this dip.

inabsentia

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 02, 2019, 04:55:44 PM

To be fair to them, they did play the johnnies, Galls, Creggan and Cargin in four out of the first five matches. No mean feat to get results out of them.

Belfast GAA man

I see Glenarm is the latest place Gaelfast has visited following Crumlin and Dunloy. It looks like my fears are true and Gaelfast is just claiming Go Games, Easter Camps etc that were already happening and going to places where GAA is already strong

Anyone else see it too? I had hoped this would bring NEW initiatives to parts of Belfast where GAA is weak

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 05, 2019, 08:06:57 PM
I see Glenarm is the latest place Gaelfast has visited following Crumlin and Dunloy. It looks like my fears are true and Gaelfast is just claiming Go Games, Easter Camps etc that were already happening and going to places where GAA is already strong

Anyone else see it too? I had hoped this would bring NEW initiatives to parts of Belfast where GAA is weak

Look at you! Would you wind your neck in. Embarrassing tbh
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea