Munster Football Championship 2020

Started by Ball Hopper, October 27, 2020, 07:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthe40

Are Geaney, ODonoghue injured? Stephen Obrien I presume was too, ore would've started...as his style would've suited yesterdays conditions all day long,running direct and winning frees.. 3 serious fwds on their day who are held and shoulders above 4-5 of Kerry players on show yesterday

imtommygunn

I don't know about O'Brien. The Kerry pundits complaining seemed to think he was available but maybe not. Not sure about the other two but Geaney a huge loss and O'Donoghue while not as effective as he used to be is too.

The reckoning also was Spillane was the best in the kerry championship and should have been on from the start.

macdanger2

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 09, 2020, 12:47:05 PM
I don't know about O'Brien. The Kerry pundits complaining seemed to think he was available but maybe not. Not sure about the other two but Geaney a huge loss and O'Donoghue while not as effective as he used to be is too.

The reckoning also was Spillane was the best in the kerry championship and should have been on from the start.

On RTÉ Radio 1, they made it sound like O'brien wasn't fit although they didn't explicitly say that.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Dabh on November 09, 2020, 10:18:45 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 08, 2020, 07:46:38 PM
First time since 1994 that Kerry will not be among the final eight teams** for the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship.

** Pre-2001 by reaching at least the Munster SFC Final, 2001 onwards by reaching at least the All-Ireland Quarter Finals.

after a quick search i reckon that is the first time since 1957 that Kerry will only have played one game in the Championship .. can anyone confirm?

Your research is fairly weak...1993

imtommygunn

That was a horrendous miss by the limerick boy at the end of that match. Wasn't a hard free and would have made it penalties.

imtommygunn

Yeah it was a mark. Awful miss. As someone said - tipp *might* rattle cork. They do seem to have gone a bit backwards though.

Hound

Quote from: hardstation on November 09, 2020, 08:56:38 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 09, 2020, 08:19:05 PM
That was a horrendous miss by the limerick boy at the end of that match. Wasn't a hard free and would have made it penalties.
Think it was actually from a mark. I don't know what he tried to do but he hammered it up into the air as wide as a gate.
I'd say the Cork freetaker was glad they didn't have Hawkeye in PUC for his free with the last kick in normal time. Couldn't tell for certain but it was very close to going over the top of the upright

tippabu

Colin O'Riordan cleared to play munster final. Big boost for ourselves

clarshack

Quote from: Hound on November 10, 2020, 01:56:41 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 09, 2020, 08:56:38 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 09, 2020, 08:19:05 PM
Think it was actually from a mark. I don't know what he tried to do but he hammered it up into the air as wide as a gate.
I'd say the Cork freetaker was glad they didn't have Hawkeye in PUC for his free with the last kick in normal time. Couldn't tell for certain but it was very close to going over the top of the upright

i thought it looked wide at the time myself. could have done with a camera behind the goals.

macdanger2

Tipp are 4/1 in this, seems like generous odds esp with O'Riordan back

twohands!!!

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 15, 2020, 08:17:30 PM
Tipp are 4/1 in this, seems like generous odds esp with O'Riordan back

Seems to be overlooked by a fair few given how woeful Kerry were but Cork were no great shakes either.

The thing is Tipp were hardly up to all that much against Clare or Limerick and weren't great in the league.

Don't think 4/1 is value currently - maybe if the weather forecast is bad on the day.