OWC fury at Norn Iron shirts not being sold at City Airport

Started by Minder, January 11, 2008, 01:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Some idiot then came on complaining that the Tourist Information centre in Ballymena sold New Zealand rugby jerseys!!! Jesus wept!  ::)
Tbc....

T Fearon

Someone should ask the Orangeletter to end its political and sectarian ban on GAA coverage >:(

It really is nauseating the way the media seek out and air this p***k Mc Allister's views on every subject under the sun. You'd nearly think people in general gave a fcuk about the IFA and their monocultural team.

On another point isn't it time that fans of the real Ireland team in the 6 counties (who vastly outnumber OWC) organised themselves into one consolidated and coherent group to facilitate ticket sourcing and exchange, travel to games, lobbying the FAI etc? I kmow many supporters clubs in the six counties exist already and have tenuous links with bigger clubs in the 26 counties

Chrisowc

Quote from: T Fearon on January 11, 2008, 02:12:20 PM
You'd nearly think people in general gave a fcuk about the IFA and their monocultural team.

Classic stuff Tony.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

saffron sam2

Is it true that sports shops in New Zealand don't stock the All-Blacks' jersey, as it is felt that you have to earn the right to wear the silver fern?

Could this now be the case with the IFA?  No longer can anyone simply walk into any sports shop and buy a replica shirt - one must earn the right to wear the jersey and actually play for one of their representative teams.

Gary McAllister must be one of the worst press officers anywhere, regardless of his bigoted views. The ANISC would be much better off with a genuinely intelligent, coherent and literate press officer.  My vote would be for MW or ChrisOWC.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Hardy

Someone should ask the Orangeletter to end its political and sectarian ban on GAA coverage >:(

Only someone who doesn't understand that the GAA is a non-political, non-sectarian organisation could describe a ban on GAA coverage as political and sectarian.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Hardy on January 11, 2008, 02:20:24 PM

Only someone who doesn't understand that the GAA is a non-political, non-sectarian organisation could describe a ban on GAA coverage as political and sectarian.

I see your point and would have to disagree Hardy. Some people see the GAA as a "republican" organisation. This is of course rubbish as they arent a political organisation.
But some would avoid giving them coverage as they believe them to be so.
Ask me holy bollix

lynchbhoy

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 11, 2008, 02:16:13 PM
Is it true that sports shops in New Zealand don't stock the All-Blacks' jersey, as it is felt that you have to earn the right to wear the silver fern?

Could this now be the case with the IFA?  No longer can anyone simply walk into any sports shop and buy a replica shirt - one must earn the right to wear the jersey and actually play for one of their representative teams.

Gary McAllister must be one of the worst press officers anywhere, regardless of his bigoted views. The ANISC would be much better off with a genuinely intelligent, coherent and literate press officer.  My vote would be for MW or ChrisOWC.

Chris would be a good vote if you wanted the thing done right (I think he may be a closet b@stard fenian though having 'outed' himself earlier in this thread ...the use of 'themmuns'  ;))

so I'd rather have Mw - as he makes me laugh more  ;)

his holiness nb

MW is ok but a bit grumpy, Evil Genius would be a good press officer but the press releases would be 100's of pages long.

I'd go for Samuel/Samantha G.
Ask me holy bollix

T Fearon

His Holiness do not waste your time trying to enlighten the Meath [Edited by Mod3],make allowances for him. Its what I normally do. He really hasn't a clue about life up here

AZOffaly

QuoteSomeone should ask the Orangeletter to end its political and sectarian ban on GAA coverage

I thought that was part of what you've been doing for the past million years? In between various potshots at Loyalist Emblems, Sectarian Fans and Biggoted Linfield of course :D

nifan

I think the Irish News said it best when it said the reason it gave little coverage to NI football is that its readership doesnt give a shite about it. The newsletter aims to its market similarly. What do people expect?

Gaaboardmod3

Tony, I've edited the personal abuse in your last post. Carta Buí.

his holiness nb

Quote from: T Fearon on January 11, 2008, 02:31:41 PM
His Holiness do not waste your time trying to enlighten the Meath [Edited by Mod3],make allowances for him. Its what I normally do. He really hasn't a clue about life up here

Jaysus Tony, you have been on the recieving end of personal abuse enough times to know better.
I even stuck up for you a few times, and ended up being called gay  :-\

Incidentally, quickest edit ever from the mods, on the ball today!
Ask me holy bollix

Minder

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on January 11, 2008, 02:34:06 PM

Is that a yellow card for Tony or is he one of the elite that are immune from sanction?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

his holiness nb

Quote from: Minder on January 11, 2008, 02:37:54 PM
Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on January 11, 2008, 02:34:06 PM

Is that a yellow card for Tony or is he one of the elite that are immune from sanction?

Carta buí = yellow card  ;)
Ask me holy bollix