The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Should have been four or more. Van dijk, spelling, is some player.

TabClear

Robertson outstanding. VVD and Alisson showing what Liverpool have been missing in recent years.

How Liverpool only scored one is beyond me. Koulibaly is a serious defender, I reckon he'll be at Chelsea or United next year.

trueblue1234

Looking at the last two big buys, Alisson and VD both look like great business at the minute. Both key to making Liverpool into genuine challengers.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

TabClear

Mane should have headed for the corner flag for that last chance.

An Watcher

Robertson is twice the player of Arnold both in defence and attack.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on December 11, 2018, 10:06:35 PM
Quote from: TabClear on December 11, 2018, 10:01:14 PM
Robertson outstanding. VVD and Alisson showing what Liverpool have been missing in recent years.

How Liverpool only scored one is beyond me. Koulibaly is a serious defender, I reckon he'll be at Chelsea or United next year.
We should put in a bid for him, we'd never concede a goal again!
Get Mane to have a word.

Milltown Row2

Good win, all four through and sets it up lovely for a Battle of Britain along the way
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

A battle between the epl clubs in the CL knockout stages  is not a battle, it's weeding.

From the Bunker

Watched the game on RTE 2. The constant updates from the PSG v RSB were annoying to say the least. Nobody cared! It was always going to be a shoot out between Liverpool and Napoli! Ronnie Whelan jumped the gun more than a few times giving out about the Referee, when replays showed the Ref was spot on.

Anyway Roll on the weekend.

mouview

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 11, 2018, 11:57:07 PM
Watched the game on RTE 2. The constant updates from the PSG v RSB were annoying to say the least. Nobody cared! It was always going to be a shoot out between Liverpool and Napoli! Ronnie Whelan jumped the gun more than a few times giving out about the Referee, when replays showed the Ref was spot on.

Anyway Roll on the weekend.

Ronnie made a tit of hisself a couple of times alright, while Ger C was just shocking on commentary.

markl121

That rte commentary was brutal, couldn't even get players names right half the time. Also did any of you catch Brady in the studio saying Virgil tackles yer man at 40 or 50mph 🤭

AZOffaly

BT wasn't much better. Macca is such a biased commentator even I have to laugh. He was another who was bemoaning this game should be out of sight as Liverpool should easily be 2 up. It was only in the last 10 minutes they seemed to realise a Napoli goal was a big problem.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on December 12, 2018, 08:31:00 AM
Quote from: markl121 on December 12, 2018, 08:14:41 AM
That rte commentary was brutal, couldn't even get players names right half the time. Also did any of you catch Brady in the studio saying Virgil tackles yer man at 40 or 50mph 🤭
Commentry was poor alright. Canning was convinced a second Liverpool goal would have finished the game ,when in reality a second goal wouldn't have changed anything as Napoli would still only have needed one. Pretty sure I heard him say Trent Arnold Alexander on a few occasions also.

I defintitely heard Alexander Trent Arnold.....half expected Terence Trent Darby to be mentioned at one stage!!!

Seat of the pants stuff.  Always felt the sucker punch likely... as the bar man in the local said 'I've seen this movie before! 

It's amazing what waiting for the right person means,  Klopp wanted VVD and waited,  he wanted Alisson and waited,  the squad is such now that its a 2-3 signings per annum to renew players getting older and using the youth and loaning system correctly.  Look at Wilson and hopefully Grujic, though he did get injured again yesterday.  They could be very solid squad additions.  Woodburn had hoped to be but he has regressed.  He is young so there's time.

A lot of energy consumed last night with the big game on Sunday but if there's no injuries you would like to think that they should be fine after a day or so of rehab and rest.

The right draw for the next round and anything is possible again.  VVD out the first leg,  which will be at home, but hopefully Joe Go will be back fit and you never know who might be picked up in January.  The way the fixtures are too the next 8 weeks will have a huge bearing on the PL and how it pans out.  Play United twice, City and Arsenal.  If they brought in another attack minded MF I reckon it's on. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 12, 2018, 09:12:53 AM
Quote from: laoislad on December 12, 2018, 08:31:00 AM
Quote from: markl121 on December 12, 2018, 08:14:41 AM
Commentry was poor alright. Canning was convinced a second Liverpool goal would have finished the game ,when in reality a second goal wouldn't have changed anything as Napoli would still only have needed one. Pretty sure I heard him say Trent Arnold Alexander on a few occasions also.

I defintitely heard Alexander Trent Arnold.....half expected Terence Trent Darby to be mentioned at one stage!!!

Seat of the pants stuff.  Always felt the sucker punch likely... as the bar man in the local said 'I've seen this movie before

It's amazing what waiting for the right person means,  Klopp wanted VVD and waited,  he wanted Alisson and waited,  the squad is such now that its a 2-3 signings per annum to renew players getting older and using the youth and loaning system correctly.  Look at Wilson and hopefully Grujic, though he did get injured again yesterday.  They could be very solid squad additions.  Woodburn had hoped to be but he has regressed.  He is young so there's time.

A lot of energy consumed last night with the big game on Sunday but if there's no injuries you would like to think that they should be fine after a day or so of rehab and rest.

The right draw for the next round and anything is possible again.  VVD out the first leg,  which will be at home, but hopefully Joe Go will be back fit and you never know who might be picked up in January.  The way the fixtures are too the next 8 weeks will have a huge bearing on the PL and how it pans out.  Play United twice, City and Arsenal.  If they brought in another attack minded MF I reckon it's on.

Yes and yes  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Van Dijk was worth every penny of that £75M it seems and some on here were questioning that.

Better spunking that money on one great player than two average ones.