The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolph1

Quote from: J70 on February 07, 2019, 01:55:15 AM
Remember Dan Ackroyd in Trading Places? Where is the line? When is the line?

That's a good point. What should be done with this film now?
Should the film be banned or edited as it's bound to offend.

Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

Dolph1

"Wearing blackface is business-casual for democrats in Virginia" - Tucker Carlson

LOL.

J70

Quote from: Dolph1 on February 07, 2019, 11:04:07 AM
"Wearing blackface is business-casual for democrats in Virginia" - Tucker Carlson

LOL.

If Tucker thinks it's all a joke at the Dems expense, perhaps he should cast his eye towards the Florida GOP.

I'd imagine there are quite a few politicians on both sides across the south nervously considering their past escapades in shoe polish at the moment.

Dolph1

Quote from: J70 on February 07, 2019, 11:23:14 AM

LOL.

If Tucker thinks it's all a joke at the Dems expense, perhaps he should cast his eye towards the Florida GOP.

I'd imagine there are quite a few politicians on both sides across the south nervously considering their past escapades in shoe polish at the moment.

Crikey J70 - don't be humourless. It was a cracking line.
What do you think about Trading Places - should this film be banned?

J70

Quote from: Dolph1 on February 07, 2019, 02:16:34 PM

LOL.

1. Fair enough.
2. Of course not. 

whitey

Seemingly Apple has handed over access to Roger Stones iCloud to Mueller, having refused to do the same for the San Bernardino attackers citing a dangerous precedent or some other such nonsense

Dolph1

Quote from: omaghjoe on February 07, 2019, 12:46:08 AM
What is the big deal with black face any road?

We all know that we aren't supposed to use it now under any circumstances but I'm not even sure where the ultra offence comes from with it.

It's been used by some to pretend they are offended and then use that fact to gain advantages.

As J70 pointed out, when Dan Akyroyd did it in Trading Places there wasn't an a hint of outrage. If someone decided to dress up like Diana Ross and the supremes (nod to Father Ted) or Michael Jackson should you be offended because they can't mimic the skin colour.

What do we make of Bo Selecta's portrayal of Mel B and Craig David? Is a mask different to paint?

J70

Quote from: whitey on February 07, 2019, 04:24:18 PM
Seemingly Apple has handed over access to Roger Stones iCloud to Mueller, having refused to do the same for the San Bernardino attackers citing a dangerous precedent or some other such nonsense

More unfairness for poor conservatives at the hands of corporate America, huh, whitey?

Perhaps you could lay out the details of each case and how they're examples of "unfair" treatment.

screenexile

Quote from: Dolph1 on February 07, 2019, 04:29:17 PM

We all know that we aren't supposed to use it now under any circumstances but I'm not even sure where the ultra offence comes from with it.

It's been used by some to pretend they are offended and then use that fact to gain advantages.

As J70 pointed out, when Dan Akyroyd did it in Trading Places there wasn't an a hint of outrage. If someone decided to dress up like Diana Ross and the supremes (nod to Father Ted) or Michael Jackson should you be offended because they can't mimic the skin colour.

What do we make of Bo Selecta's portrayal of Mel B and Craig David? Is a mask different to paint?

Tucker Carlson??!!

J70

Quote from: Dolph1 on February 07, 2019, 04:29:17 PM

What "advantages" are being gained and by whom?

Who is "pretending" to be offended? How do you know?

Is this like your rant last year under your foxy handle when you were put out that black people could use the n-word but you couldn't?

dec

Bullshit

In the San Bernardino cae there were 2 requests

Handover iCloud backups, Apple complied
Write software to break in to the shooters iPhone, Apple objected

In the Roger Stone case there was 1 request

You should try to avoid regurgitating nonsense from right wing conspiracy loon websites.

Dolph1

Quote from: J70 on February 07, 2019, 02:35:05 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on February 07, 2019, 02:16:34 PM

LOL.

1. Fair enough.
2. Of course not.

Where is the consistency with the democrats J70 ?- Dan Aykroyd was poking fun at minorities by his look and mimicking the accent. Surely that is a hate crime under the left's rules?

But Ralph Northam - at the time not a politician - paints his face in 1984 now faces calls to resign from his own party.
Remember this was just one year after Dan Aykroyd did it.

This is the start of the left eating their own. Can't wait for the primaries.

whitey

Quote from: dec on February 07, 2019, 04:49:03 PM

Bullshit

In the San Bernardino cae there were 2 requests

Write software to break in to the shooters iPhone, Apple objected

In the Roger Stone case there was 1 request

You should try to avoid regurgitating nonsense from right wing conspiracy loon websites.

First of all I prefaced my comment with the word seemingly. I don't believe anything from anyone on face value.

Secondly......the nuances over the cloud versus the phone.....keep distracting

Eamonnca1

Christ of almighty. Are conservatives seriously trying to paint Democrats as the ones with a race problem? If that's not a case of motes and beams then I don't know what is.

Dolph1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 07, 2019, 05:19:48 PM
Christ of almighty. Are conservatives seriously trying to paint Democrats as the ones with a race problem? If that's not a case of motes and beams then I don't know what is.

I see the Democrats came out in uniform at SOTU.