Feile na nGael

Started by SouthArmaghBandit, June 18, 2007, 08:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthArmaghBandit

Has anybody a link to results from the weekend? I heard that Keady from Armagh won their section (Div 3 maybe??). Any other results? How did St John's from Belfast do this year? And where did the team stay??

Sky Blue

Castleknock from Dublin won the Christy Ring Throphy (Div A) beating Ahane from Limerick in the final. St John's from Antrim won Div B.

clootfromthe21

Sky Blue,

where are you getting that St John's won? Only asking because the Feile website seems to contradict itself, with the table of final scores showing that the Johnnies won whereas another headline suggests they were beaten by Castletowngeoghan (whic hmust be one of the longest town names in Ireland!).

Cheers

Declan

DIVISION 1: The Christy Ring Cup (Dublin rep: Castleknock)
Round-robin section: John Lockes (Kilkenny) 0-2 Castleknock 4-13
Graigue-Ballycallan (Kilkenny) 0-2 Castleknock 1-15
Castleknock 3-2 Ballyea (Clare) 1-1

Quarter-final: Blackrock (Cork) 2-3 Castleknock 2-5

Semi-final: St Rynagh's (Offaly) 1-2 Castleknock 1-4

Final: Castleknock 4-8 Ahane (Limerick) 0-3

Talking to a parent who was at it and said the hurling afficianados couldn't believe that the Dubs won it again. Congrats to all

As Cheide

Keady Lamh Dhearg u-14's won their Division, Div 4. They beat Lisdowney of Wicklow on a scoreline of 2.05 to 1.04! The score was 1.02 to 0.00 for Lisdowney after 3/4 mins but the Keady lads came back to win reasonably comfortably in the end. The Camogie team from the town reached the Final of their competition but were beaten. The whole Féile experience is a great example of the work of the GAA in our communities; a great weekend.

northsideboy

A fantastic achievement by Castleknock GAA. They surely are an ideal template for an urban club. They were only founded nine years ago. Castleknock also contested the Dublin Football Feile final. Hopefully Raheny can go on and make it a Dublin double in a fortnights time.

magpie seanie

Castleknock are an absolute phenomenon. Great credit to all involved with them.

INDIANA

Only formed 6-7 years ago.
Top adult hurling team is only junior (obviously not for long).
Really is an incredible achievement and that's 2in 3 years for dublin.Things are starting to happen at hurling in dublin and no-they won't all go and play football.

Derry Daisy

Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2007, 09:15:10 AM
Was it not said on the championship that St. Johns were beaten in the final? I heard this somewhere but i think it was there. I'll check again tonight.

St John's were beaten by Castletowngeoghagan from Westmeath 0-21 to 0-6

Derry Daisy

20 mins each way, the score was 0-5 0-4 at half time, castletowngeoghagan are a great team, their no 11 Angus Clarke?? would make King Henry look bad.

SimpleSimon

Sorry, just after hearing keady beat 3 kilkenny teams on their way to winnin it - lisdowney is in kilkenny  not wicklow as wrongly stated earlier.

AZOffaly

Fair play to Castletown Geoghagan. One of the great hurling areas in Westmeath. Despite the recent upturn in Football, I would always consider Westmeath more of a hurling heartland than football. Places like Raharney, Brownstown, Cullion, Castlepollard, Ringtown, Dalystown and Castletown live and breath hurling.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: INDIANA on June 18, 2007, 12:31:02 PM
Only formed 6-7 years ago.
Top adult hurling team is only junior (obviously not for long).
Really is an incredible achievement and that's 2in 3 years for dublin.Things are starting to happen at hurling in dublin and no-they won't all go and play football.

have been given land to build clubhouse and pitches beside their catchment area , but such is the internal rows in St. Thomas Castleknock (not sure why they dropped the St Thomas's part recently as its not the club based in castleknock - St Brigids is ! !)
The rows will be resolved soon , but there are a few characters that are appareantly needed to be housed out before the club (and club house etc) progresses .

Well done to them though, saw them out on the local park celebrating - obv after they arrived back from Kilkenny

northsideboy

Thought it was extremely poor form of The Irish Times and The Irish Independent to completely ignore the Feile. I know that Sunday was one of the busiest sports days of the year but space should have been made. Lets hope that both newspapers can cover the football Feile.

johnjoe

So who are all the well fancied teams headin to Sligo for the football next weekend, 29/30/1st july.

The Ulster feile in Cavan was a waste of time in that there was no way of measuring your level, because you hadnt a clue about the credentials of the opposition. No play offs, just a couple of games and home you go.

Surely some club would invite in 6 or 8 county champions for a tournament, pre or post feile.

I know its not all about winning, but how for example would the winners of section A or B be certain they could beat the winners of section C or D, just because the gradings are based on previous years performances.

How hard could it be for all clubs to play their hosts on the Friday pm, and on Saturday all 32 go into a straight knock out competition.

The 16 first round losers could go into a plate competition, also worth winning.

Still looking forward to it though!