The real fall out from the recession

Started by Declan, August 30, 2013, 09:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Tom Parlon of the CIF had this to say before the 2011 Budget: "Launching its pre-Budget submission, the Construction Industry Federation said Ireland needs a construction industry that is capable of delivering major infrastructure programmes and buildings, not one that delivers 'Priory Halls"

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/construction-heads-urge-govt-to-support-industry-in-budget-525509.html

Amazing how that sounds like a threat. Priory Hall should cause the CIF to hang their heads in shame, but I get the impression that they don't shame easily.
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

QuotePriory Hall should cause the CIF to hang their heads in shame, but I get the impression that they don't shame easily.

Was McFeely in the CIF?
Is Parlon's point not that the CIF has been calling for a register of builders since 2000 and that the government did nothing about it?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on September 02, 2013, 06:29:14 PM
QuotePriory Hall should cause the CIF to hang their heads in shame, but I get the impression that they don't shame easily.

Was McFeely in the CIF?
Is Parlon's point not that the CIF has been calling for a register of builders since 2000 and that the government did nothing about it?

Parlon's point was that we should have allocated €2Bn from the budget for construction projects. The CIF also gave us HomeBond, the building insurer for structural defects. Buyers of certain houses had no choice but to insure with this outfit, who then refused to pay for, say for example, Pyrite causing your house to fall down.

From http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_complaints/where_to_complain_about_home_improvements.html

HomeBond, the National House Building Guarantee Scheme, is a scheme established by the Construction Industry Federation and the Irish Home Builders Association, in conjunction with the Department of the Environment. It ensures that proper building standards are maintained and protects purchasers by underwriting any major structural defects in new homes.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Quote from: armaghniac on September 02, 2013, 06:29:14 PM

Was McFeely in the CIF?
Parlon shpuld know.
Wasn't he a PD (Cnuts) Junior minister for a number of years - -you know the no regulation party let big business do what it likes.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM