Leinster Club SFC 2018

Started by SCFC, October 15, 2018, 12:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Love to see it but forewarned is forearmed and all that jazz. They're available at 9/1 for the overall  if you fancy them.

Corofin 11/10
Crokes 13/8
Gweedore 11/2
Mul 9/1

PP odds

Joe Mc Nallys Ballsack

Fairy-tale stuff today but the gap in club football is always smaller at club then county.

Much the better side won on the day and it was great to see a small club winning it. I don't think they'll care about the AI Semi at this point they'll be written off anyway but it's unlikely Dr Crokes will be as naive as Kilmacud today.

Crokes played like a team that just expected to win unfortunately and unfortunately team managers can only do so much in terms of complacency.

Crokes should have been warned after Rathnew turned over Vincent's last year. That's two years in a row a certain amount of the hype beforehand has ensured a defeat for a Dublin side.

The Dublin championship has been average quality the last two years and there is no reason why any Dublin club should feel that the Leinster championship is a given.

Congrats again to today's victors. Massive achievement. What the GAA is all about.

macdanger2

Great win, well done mullinaghta

From the Bunker

Quote from: Joe Mc Nallys Ballsack on December 09, 2018, 08:05:06 PM

Congrats again to today's victors. Massive achievement. What the GAA is should be all about.

manfromdelmonte

I wonder will the few lads abroad come back for February?

Rossfan

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 09, 2018, 08:46:13 PM
Quote from: Joe Mc Nallys Ballsack on December 09, 2018, 08:05:06 PM

What the GAA is should be all about.

Longford teams winning cups???

Well done Mullinyachta... great to see the little guys winning for once.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

Missed the game today as I was performing ye Olde Christmas Carols with the choir I'm a member of in Blackrock (or, as Laoislad once described it, signing with me posh mates). I must say this is the greatest day in Longford football since 1968.

Laureleye has been with the Board from the beginning and is a staunch Mullinalaghta man so I am delighted for him - through thin, thinner and even thinner times him and his club have now reached the top in Leinster. Had someone said this to me 5 years ago I would have said they were mad.

I predicted a Mullinalaghta - Croke final ages ago. I knew Mullinalaghta could win it outright. Just didn't want to say it and fcuk up their chances. They have the right mixtures of skill and doggedness to get to the very top. They have shown this in Longford for 3 years now and have beaten good teams like Abbeylara, Killoe and Mostrim(!) consistently.

Here's to them v the Kerry Dr. Crokes in the New Year. Will hurt Longford's 2019 League but what the hell. Pack the team with Dromards and Edgeworthtowns and Abbeylaras. We'll be grand.

armaghniac

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on December 09, 2018, 11:39:00 PM
Missed the game today as I was performing ye Olde Christmas Carols with the choir I'm a member of in Blackrock (or, as Laoislad once described it, signing with me posh mates). I must say this is the greatest day in Longford football since 1968.

Likely in one of Kilmacud's 10 half parishes, so.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

TheGreatest

Well done Mullinaghta, brilliant achievement.  Who needs population and resources....  ;)

Club football is where its at year in year out.

highorlow

QuoteWell done Mullinaghta, brilliant achievement.  Who needs population and resources....

You'll probably come on here in 5 years time after someone eventually beats Dublin and say the same thing. You really are some clown.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

magpie seanie

Laureleye has been with the Board from the beginning and is a staunch Mullinalaghta man so I am delighted for him - through thin, thinner and even thinner times him and his club have now reached the top in Leinster. Had someone said this to me 5 years ago I would have said they were mad.

I predicted a Mullinalaghta - Croke final ages ago. I knew Mullinalaghta could win it outright. Just didn't want to say it and fcuk up their chances. They have the right mixtures of skill and doggedness to get to the very top. They have shown this in Longford for 3 years now and have beaten good teams like Abbeylara, Killoe and Mostrim(!) consistently.

Here's to them v the Kerry Dr. Crokes in the New Year. Will hurt Longford's 2019 League but what the hell. Pack the team with Dromards and Edgeworthtowns and Abbeylaras. We'll be grand.

Well said SS and my own hearty congrats to board stalwart Laureleye. Smiled to myself with the recent media coverage that I was already well acquainted with "the half parish" etc thanks to Laureleye on this board. Just a tremedous acheivement and result. This is what the GAA is about. Not the big days in Croke Park with jets flying overhead and soft seats and 7 course meals. That stuff is great but this is the real thing.

TheGreatest

Quote from: highorlow on December 10, 2018, 10:04:26 AM
QuoteWell done Mullinaghta, brilliant achievement.  Who needs population and resources....

You'll probably come on here in 5 years time after someone eventually beats Dublin and say the same thing. You really are some clown.

Thanks for the insult. Appreciate it.

Something called Gest.

And just for your information, there is more to the GAA than the Dublin senior footballers, its only a small part of it, so take a breath man and chill.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: TheGreatest on December 10, 2018, 12:35:00 PM
Quote from: highorlow on December 10, 2018, 10:04:26 AM

Thanks for the insult. Appreciate it.

Something called Gest.

And just for your information, there is more to the GAA than the Dublin senior footballers, its only a small part of it, so take a breath man and chill.
you wouldn't think it the way the GAA organise funding and fixtures!

Billys Boots

Snap, feeling the happiness for Laureleye since yesterday.  Great to see the pictures of the village last night on the telly.  Magic stuff.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

TheMaster

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 09, 2018, 02:32:40 PM
How can you have an employee of Dublin GAA refereeing this game?

Is Gough working for the Dublin county board?