Leinster Club SFC 2018

Started by SCFC, October 15, 2018, 12:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

Ah fair play to Mullinalaghta, that's an amazing win. The club is alive and well.

Denn Forever

But we lose our Manager for the McKenna Cup and hopefully the start of the league.  Well done.  Not a cow milked around Granard.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Gael85

Well done to St Columba's. Serious achievement for a small club.

spuds

That's just a brilliant win, they won so many 50/50s but struggled to score reflecting their superior possession. Tidy penalty and Crokes imploded.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Itchy

What is it with cavan men managing in longford. In 1968 cavan legend Mick Higgins was manager when they won their 1st and only Leinster senior title and now Mickey Graham has taken a team that hadn't won a longford senior title since 1950 and won 3 in a row plus an incredible Leinster against 1/5 giant club of kilmacud crokes. Incredible. Thank God we snapped him up to work some magic in breffni park. But today is longford and mullinlaughta day. Well done to all involved.

manfromdelmonte

There won't be a stolen car or van chopped up in Granard this week.

Congrats to the men from the half parish

theticklemister

Great win, shite match.

How many turnovers were there?

rodney trotter

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 09, 2018, 03:09:51 PM
But we lose our Manager for the McKenna Cup and hopefully the start of the league.  Well done.  Not a cow milked around Granard.

He is a manager not player. Cavan wouldn't be losing him for McKenna Cup or League. He will just be extra busy with 2 jobs.

Well done to Mullinalacghta and Mickey.

Lar Naparka

They say every dog will have its day and that goes for underdogs too. Fair play to St Columba's- worthy Leinster champions.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Blowitupref

Quote from: theticklemister on December 09, 2018, 05:58:06 PM
Great win, shite match.

How many turnovers were there?

Huge intensity in the tackles and two fully committed teams made the turn over count high. For a low scoring club game played in December i have to say i enjoyed that competitive game.

Well done to Mullinalaghta. Its wasn't a total out of the blue type win as this team has won 3 in a row county titles and have number of good county players across the spine of their team.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Main Street

I'm a proud Larry after that game.

bennydorano

Enjoyable game, the intensity creating the spectacle rather than the quality, no team likes it up them and Crokes certainly didn't.  What about that penalty, I fully expected him to fill his pants! Great scenes at the end.

End of the feel good / fairytale factor tho, fully expect a Dr Crokes v Corofin final.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: bennydorano on December 09, 2018, 07:40:37 PM
Enjoyable game, the intensity creating the spectacle rather than the quality, no team likes it up them and Crokes certainly didn't.  What about that penalty, I full expected him to fill his pants! Great scenes at the end.

End of the feel good / fairytale factor tho, fully expect a Dr Crokes v Corofin final.
Surely you can't write off Mullinalaghta after today ? They will give Crokes plenty of it

Schkite

Enjoyable game, the intensity creating the spectacle rather than the quality, no team likes it up them and Crokes certainly didn't.  What about that penalty, I fully expected him to fill his pants! Great scenes at the end.

What makes the penalty even better was that it wasn't even their usual penalty taker accordingly to Graham, as he was carrying a knock. He said he asked before the game who would fancy it, and Rogers put his hand up. Some pressure to take a penalty like that at such a crucial stage when you don't normally take them, but he absolutely nailed it.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Laoiseabu on December 09, 2018, 07:50:18 PM
Enjoyable game, the intensity creating the spectacle rather than the quality, no team likes it up them and Crokes certainly didn't.  What about that penalty, I full expected him to fill his pants! Great scenes at the end.

Surely you can't write off Mullinalaghta after today ? They will give Crokes plenty of it

The AI Semi final is a long way off and the momentum from today's win will be mostly lost but they will probably need that time to fully recover the celebrations they are currently having. No harm to write them off though as it worked very well for them in this Lenister championship.