Tyrone v Dublin for a place in the aisf. Omagh

Started by rrhf, July 15, 2018, 09:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Cunny Funt

The main problem for Tyrone last year in this fixture was they were more worried about Dublin and how to stop them than playing to their own strengths and looking to rattle Dublin. Look at Mayo time and time again over the last few years Dublin have fallen over the line in games against them why? because Mayo stood up to them showed them little respect and got in their faces from the get go

This is hugely important game for Tyrone to show where they really are. Playing at home with last years defeat still fresh in the memories should produce a big reaction. A win for Tyrone will prove they are true contenders for the All Ireland for the first time in a number of years but another defeat with Dublin winning by a bit to spare will prove that Tyrone have repeated the same mistakes and aren't going to learn from them.

trileacman

Quote from: Helpline on July 20, 2018, 01:50:20 PM
Have a mattress on the floor for any travelling Dublin fans that have nowhere to stay. Should be a great night craic!

I've a stable if any of ye want it.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 20, 2018, 02:51:53 PM
The main problem for Tyrone last year in this fixture was they were more worried about Dublin and how to stop them than playing to their own strengths and looking to rattle Dublin. Look at Mayo time and time again over the last few years Dublin have fallen over the line in games against them why? because Mayo stood up to them showed them little respect and got in their faces from the get go

This is hugely important game for Tyrone to show where they really are. Playing at home with last years defeat still fresh in the memories should produce a big reaction. A win for Tyrone will prove they are true contenders for the All Ireland for the first time in a number of years but another defeat with Dublin winning by a bit to spare will prove that Tyrone have repeated the same mistakes and aren't going to learn from them.

No pressure on Tyrone then ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

seafoid

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 20, 2018, 10:47:55 AM
More cheating to try and beat the Dubs.

Change the rules.

Change the pitch dimensions

What next, Mass poisonings
Most of the Dub team don't go to Mass
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Fuzzman

Cant believe the welcome some Tyrone people are giving the Dubs.
Do you not understand the less of them come up the less of them are there to help win the battle.

Luckily I've found some contacts in Armagh GAA circles to help us block them getting over the border
I asked them could they paint red hands on the roofs.  ;D

BennyHarp

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 20, 2018, 03:27:38 PM
Cant believe the welcome some Tyrone people are giving the Dubs.
Do you not understand the less of them come up the less of them are there to help win the battle.

Luckily I've found some contacts in Armagh GAA circles to help us block them getting over the border
I asked them could they paint red hands on the roofs.  ;D

That's our defensive line on Saturday night.
That was never a square ball!!

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: illdecide on July 20, 2018, 09:23:09 AM
I see in today's paper Tyrone have narrowed the pitch in to try and limit the Dubs attacking wide players :-\

I heard that the Dubs have been playing their A v B games on a narrow pitch this week so they might be prepared for Omagh.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

greatpoint

Quote from: Helpline on July 20, 2018, 01:50:20 PM
Have a mattress on the floor for any travelling Dublin fans that have nowhere to stay. Should be a great night craic!

Sure leave a roll of tinfoil out beside the mattress and most Dubs will feel right at home.

Fuzzman

Ahh now greatpoint that is not funny and below the line.

Back to the game and I'd love to see Johnny Cooper and McMahon getting their come uppance
Cooper got Bradley sent off for nothing last year in the league and he's always up to something.

I'd say Richie Donnelly must be relishing this season as he probably always believed he could be a good player but often was in and out and always seemed injured and a bit like Mattie, it was hard to know where his best position was. But a bit like Cormac McAnallen going to full back, Richie seems to be settling into the roll well and it will be interesting on Sunday to see do the Dubs leave two men on him or risk him being left one on one.
A small but interesting point I noticed from last week's game was that one time he turned his man I think and he was either tripped or fell but he got up again really quickly and accelerated away. His overall game has improved and he's allowing Skeet and McShane or whoever is in there a lot more freedom rather than just Bradley there last year as a decoy forward. ;-)

I bring my kids to loads of Dubs game in Croker and far too often its game over by half time and half the fans stay at the bar for the first 20 mins of the 2nd half. My kids are bored with it now and so I think even they would like to see a good tough game with something a bit different thrown in to test them.
My attitude is "to hell with the Donegal game" and just go full on to beat the Dubs with whatever it takes
It seems a luxury that we can leave our best two forwards on the bench to come in and run at them the way the Dubs used to bring in McManoman and Co.

Mannion could be the winning and losing of the game in my eyes. I've watched him loads and he can be an awesome player on his day and he's got better in recent years but I do think he can be got at and his game can be upset and frustrated.

No doubt when we lose there will be loads of "Told you so" posters on here delighted to see us fall off our high horses again but at least we have the chance to try to joust with maybe the best team ever. Id like to call out those such posters now before the game and say who do they WANT to win and so they can't have it both ways and be happy afterwards.

OMG what if its a draw. LOL.

CornUladh02

I see in today's paper Tyrone have narrowed the pitch in to try and limit the Dubs attacking wide players :-\
Tyrone will have some egg on their face after doing this and still being the wrong end of the result tomorrow evening.

seafoid

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 20, 2018, 06:41:50 PM
Ahh now greatpoint that is not funny and below the line.

Back to the game and I'd love to see Johnny Cooper and McMahon getting their come uppance
Cooper got Bradley sent off for nothing last year in the league and he's always up to something.

I'd say Richie Donnelly must be relishing this season as he probably always believed he could be a good player but often was in and out and always seemed injured and a bit like Mattie, it was hard to know where his best position was. But a bit like Cormac McAnallen going to full back, Richie seems to be settling into the roll well and it will be interesting on Sunday to see do the Dubs leave two men on him or risk him being left one on one.
A small but interesting point I noticed from last week's game was that one time he turned his man I think and he was either tripped or fell but he got up again really quickly and accelerated away. His overall game has improved and he's allowing Skeet and McShane or whoever is in there a lot more freedom rather than just Bradley there last year as a decoy forward. ;-)

I bring my kids to loads of Dubs game in Croker and far too often its game over by half time and half the fans stay at the bar for the first 20 mins of the 2nd half. My kids are bored with it now and so I think even they would like to see a good tough game with something a bit different thrown in to test them.
My attitude is "to hell with the Donegal game" and just go full on to beat the Dubs with whatever it takes
It seems a luxury that we can leave our best two forwards on the bench to come in and run at them the way the Dubs used to bring in McManoman and Co.

Mannion could be the winning and losing of the game in my eyes. I've watched him loads and he can be an awesome player on his day and he's got better in recent years but I do think he can be got at and his game can be upset and frustrated.

No doubt when we lose there will be loads of "Told you so" posters on here delighted to see us fall off our high horses again but at least we have the chance to try to joust with maybe the best team ever. Id like to call out those such posters now before the game and say who do they WANT to win and so they can't have it both ways and be happy afterwards.

OMG what if its a draw. LOL.
I would like to see Tyrone beat the Dubs but I can't see it happening.
The Dubs remind me of Kilkenny in 2008 or 09.
It took a very very talented Tipp team to push them off their fukcing perch in 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RztFiCl_r20&t=132s
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyHarp

Quote from: CornUladh02 on July 20, 2018, 06:49:15 PM
Tyrone will have some egg on their face after doing this and still being the wrong end of the result tomorrow evening.

Why?
That was never a square ball!!

omagh_gael

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 20, 2018, 07:54:25 PM

Why?

Looks like it's bollix anyway...

https://twitter.com/weejimjim/status/1020379885146173441?s=09

Therealdonald

Not any more egg than Kildare would have had after throwing their toys out of the pram about having to play Mayo in CP.