Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hectic

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 14, 2018, 03:57:07 AM
I had a good laugh at that one meself Ziggy. The EU annexation of the wee 6. So many levels she may be a comical genius...

Some much for Barnier and his "dedramatising the backstop"
Shows he didn't have a clue who or what he was telling with. Not that it matters a fook what the DUP say or do as they are starting to find out themselves.

Politics is a murky world but even in that the DUP are a special case.

Orior

I'd say the DUP would be delighted for the occupied six to be removed from the Ulster Championship and play in an English championship, the winner then playing in the Connaught championship.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rossfan

No such thing as "Connaught" Championship.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on October 14, 2018, 11:23:38 AM

There is to the DUP.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: armaghniac on October 14, 2018, 12:02:34 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 14, 2018, 11:23:38 AM

There is to the DUP.

God created the world in 6 days & took a wee rest on the 7th. The world is 6,000 years old. That's the important stuff. All the rest...NAMA, Red Sky, Iris, RHI, the EU - it's all just a piece of piss.

seafoid

Apparently UK negotiators are ready for a deal but the DUP are in the way.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/oct/14/brexit-theresa-may-domestic-vulnerability-talks-knife-edge

«
Internal government emails leaked to the Observer revealed on Sunday that the DUP leader, Arlene Foster, had privately let it be known that following a "hostile and difficult" meeting with Barnier, last week she was readying herself for a no-deal scenario. »

Unbelievable that the Unionists, the « loyal «  1950s backwoods « Brits »are prepared to sink the UK . It boggles the mind. Surely this will trump the Somme sacrifice. Who remembers it anyway?
May should get QE2 to ring the Free Presbyterian church and give them some leadership.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ronnie

Indicators are that deal has been done.  40 Labour MPs to back Govt on customs arrangements.  Sterling has steadied.  Last of the Brexit balloons to quit cabinet tomorrow.  People on the ground saying 'sure nothing's changed, what was the fuss all about'.   Belts to be tightened on next few yrs and Conservatives telling us 'austerity's over'.   David Cameron to admit it was a mistake to hold a referendum.

screenexile

Quote from: Ronnie on October 15, 2018, 12:43:16 PM
Indicators are that deal has been done.  40 Labour MPs to back Govt on customs arrangements.  Sterling has steadied.  Last of the Brexit balloons to quit cabinet tomorrow.  People on the ground saying 'sure nothing's changed, what was the fuss all about'.   Belts to be tightened on next few yrs and Conservatives telling us 'austerity's over'.   David Cameron to admit it was a mistake to hold a referendum.

This is like Julius Caesar here everyone's sticking the knife into poor Theresa!!

balladmaker

I'd guess a deal has been done resulting in a border down the Irish Sea, and NI remaining in Customs Union/Single Market separating it further from the so called 'mainland'.  What we're watching now is the EU playing a synchronised game with Theresa and Co. to make sure she gets her budget passed at end of the month before officially throwing DUP under the bus.

omaghjoe

Who are the 40 Labour rebels, Is 40 enough? You got at least 50 Brexiteers plus the DUP. What would the motivation be for rebelling?

GJL

Quote from: balladmaker on October 16, 2018, 12:28:10 AM
I'd guess a deal has been done resulting in a border down the Irish Sea, and NI remaining in Customs Union/Single Market separating it further from the so called 'mainland'.  What we're watching now is the EU playing a synchronised game with Theresa and Co. to make sure she gets her budget passed at end of the month before officially throwing DUP under the bus.

This is exactly what I said to a colleague yesterday. Stringing it out as long as they can but deal is done. I suspect the DUP know this as well as they are already flinging toys out of the pram.

Franko

Don't believe it for a second.

So many times we've heard this sort of chat - "a deal has been done", only for it to be scuppered at the last minute.

One thing you can pretty much guarantee - there are more twists left in this story yet.

ziggysego

Quote from: Franko on October 16, 2018, 09:07:53 AM
Don't believe it for a second.

So many times we've heard this sort of chat - "a deal has been done", only for it to be scuppered at the last minute.

One thing you can pretty much guarantee - there are more twists left in this story yet.

Like GJL and balladmaker above, I was chatting to someone yesterday and we both agreed a deal is done. EU and UK are stringing it out until the budget is done and then throw the DUP under the bus. And yes, the DUP know it. You can tell by their body language in recent days.

As for your summation Franko about a deal being done and scuppered at the last minute. Teresa and the EU tried to slip it pass the DUP last December in the early hours of the morning. This time they have a tactic and the DUP are caught.

Brexit is happening, but the hard border is shifting from Ireland to the Irish Sea.
Testing Accessibility