Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: HiMucker on January 10, 2018, 05:21:12 PM
Funny how they haven't dismissed Frankos post though.  Probably because that's a bit more difficult.

This
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

The Gs Man

DUP trying their best to even up the score in the race to the bottom with a very crass tweet from your man Stalford yesterday.

Highlights the blatant political point scoring that has been going on over the past few days.

No hope for this place.
Keep 'er lit

haranguerer

At least McElduff took it down when someone pointed out it could be hurtful to families - Stalford refused on that basis, and said he'd only take it down if family directly asked him. Unreal!

It'll be interesting to see the furore around his actions, his parties subsequent actions, and reaction to whatever sanction he is hit with...

tonto1888

BennyCake

The politicans in this cesspit remind me of the International Rules a few years ago. Where the Aussies did what they wanted to the Irish players, as they knew they couldn't be punished as it was a one-off series.

The same applies here. Elected gobshites do and say what they want knowing their political career is unlikely to be affected. It will probably be enhanced. Jesus Christ, what a hellhole.

armaghniac

I was just listening to an interview on Newstalk with Alan Black, the only survivor of Kingsmill, whose integrity contrasts sharply with the political class in the 6 counties. He was pretty critical of Paisley, re the Reaveys, and bigots in general so I wouldn't expect him to be impressed by Stalford. He also believes that the lack of investigation shows that Kingsmill was somehow connected to the British, probably because an informer was present.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

Il Bomber (and Franko it seems too) reminds me of North & South, which might be Christy Moore's (I know U2 co-wrote it but, let's be honest, everyone knows which is the canonical version) most under-rated and perfect song:

I want to reach out over the lough
And feel your hand across the water
Walk with you along an unapproved road
Not looking over my shoulder
I want to see
I want to hear
To understand your fears
But we're north and south of the river

I've been doing it wrong
All of my life
This holy town has turned me over
A young man running from what he didn't understand
As the wind from the lough just blew colder and colder

There was a badness that had its way
But love was not lost
It just got mislaid
North and south of the river

Can we stop playing these old tattoos?
Darling I don't have the answer
I want to meet you where you are
I don't need you to surrender
There is no feeling so alone
As when the one you're hurting is your own

Some high ground is not worth taking
Some connections are not worth making
There's an old church bell no longer ringing
And some old songs not worth singing

Franko

Quote from: Franko on January 09, 2018, 11:20:18 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 08, 2018, 09:11:05 PM
Sinn Féin thread.
SF MP makes a clown of himself.
Along comes Bombast in full deflector mode and still at it 10 pages later.
Just admit your hero made a bigger title of himself than usual.
Then go off and open FG or FF  threads to your hearts content.

McElduff is a fool.  I don't believe he meant to cause offence but all the same, what a monumental balls up.  SF missed a gilt edged opportunity to put a lid on this by removing him from his post as an MP.  He should have been thrown under the bus.  If he's that good a local rep, let him stand for election next time on a local level.

By the same token, Bomber is making some points here that the usual suspects want to wriggle away from but can't.

There is a Mary Boyle thread.  Here are the responses by a few of the Shinnerbasherbots.

Owenmoresider

"SF can't try to smear their opponents about that though."

Rossfan

"Maria Cahill
Tom Oliver
Young Quinn
.........."

"Outrage from Shinners is always taken with a large handful of salt by normal folk."

There is also a thread on the Stardust fire.  Again, here's the replies;

Rossfan

"What a pity they wouldn't listen to your great mind and vote Provo SF.
Then we'd all be in a corruption free honourable zone where no Politician would tell a lie or own Holiday homes etc etc.
Also could you point out where the "State is obstruciting Justice" in the Stardust case."

Syferus

"It's disgusting to use something like the Stardust tragedy as a flimsy excuse to play party politics."

Anyone for another serving of deflection and whataboutery?

Looks like this one's going to be left hanging then lads?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Franko on January 11, 2018, 10:56:46 AM
Quote from: Franko on January 09, 2018, 11:20:18 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 08, 2018, 09:11:05 PM
Sinn Féin thread.
SF MP makes a clown of himself.
Along comes Bombast in full deflector mode and still at it 10 pages later.
Just admit your hero made a bigger title of himself than usual.
Then go off and open FG or FF  threads to your hearts content.

McElduff is a fool.  I don't believe he meant to cause offence but all the same, what a monumental balls up.  SF missed a gilt edged opportunity to put a lid on this by removing him from his post as an MP.  He should have been thrown under the bus.  If he's that good a local rep, let him stand for election next time on a local level.

By the same token, Bomber is making some points here that the usual suspects want to wriggle away from but can't.

There is a Mary Boyle thread.  Here are the responses by a few of the Shinnerbasherbots.

Owenmoresider

"SF can't try to smear their opponents about that though."

Rossfan

"Maria Cahill
Tom Oliver
Young Quinn
.........."

"Outrage from Shinners is always taken with a large handful of salt by normal folk."

There is also a thread on the Stardust fire.  Again, here's the replies;

Rossfan

"What a pity they wouldn't listen to your great mind and vote Provo SF.
Then we'd all be in a corruption free honourable zone where no Politician would tell a lie or own Holiday homes etc etc.
Also could you point out where the "State is obstruciting Justice" in the Stardust case."

Syferus

"It's disgusting to use something like the Stardust tragedy as a flimsy excuse to play party politics."

Anyone for another serving of deflection and whataboutery?

Looks like this one's going to be left hanging then lads?

You can guarantee this will be left hanging, the FFbots and FGbots don't know the meaning of the word introspection.

The FG thread was left with tumbleweed nlowing through it when a FG minister was found to be fully aware of a smear campaign alleging a Garda whistleblower was a child molester. No outrage, sweep, sweep.

The FF thread has been left with tumbleweed blowing through it when it emerges FF have been aware for over a decade of allegations that one of their councillors was involved in obstructing the case for a missing 6 year old girl and stopping Gardai from questioning the main suspect. No outrage, sweep, sweep.

It's a bit like the way Tubridy shat himself a few years back when he tried to cajole Adams on the IRA, when Adams politely reminded him that his grandfather was in the IRA, Tubridy tried to say things were very different but when Adams asked how Tubridy couldn't respond and had to move things along.

weareros

iL Bomber, you might want to wait until the Tribunal findings to determine who was trying to smear McCabe because it turns out the two Gardai accused by Mick Wallace in the Dail did nothing wrong at all and their report matched McCabe's hidden recording. They now are sueing media.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda-officers-accused-of-trying-to-damage-sgt-mccabe-now-suing-media-1.3350352?mode=amp

Named and shamed in Dail by Mick Wallace but very little reporting so far that their good names were cleared.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: weareros on January 11, 2018, 11:44:36 AM
iL Bomber, you might want to wait until the Tribunal findings to determine who was trying to smear McCabe because it turns out the two Gardai accused by Mick Wallace in the Dail did nothing wrong at all and their report matched McCabe's hidden recording. They now are sueing media.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda-officers-accused-of-trying-to-damage-sgt-mccabe-now-suing-media-1.3350352?mode=amp

Named and shamed in Dail by Mick Wallace but very little reporting so far that their good names were cleared.

That doesn't seem to clear anything up about a FG minister making false claims about having no knowledge of a smear campaign against a Garda whistleblower and the very serious (fabricated) allegations made against when there was evidence that she was fully aware of the goings on.

Now why were the usual suspects on here not bringing their soapbox to the FG thread to voice their outrage about how a Government minister could be fully aware of such a callous treatment of an innocent man who only wanted to stop Gardai corruption and allow it continue?

The FG hierarchy seem to be have been fully briefed all the away along about the Garda hierarchy's despicable campaign against McCabe and were happy to let them at it, whatever the nature of their tactics as long as controversy and reform could be avoided. I guess all you guys think that's ok though? I haven't seen much condemnation on the role of FG in this case, on here anyway. Why was that I wonder?

From the link you posted, the inaccurate information seems to have been put forward by counsel for the Garda Commissioner - a Garda Commissioner that was up to her neck in it. A Garda Commissioner that FG hemmed and hawed over sending out to pasture despite all the damning evidence against her.

seafoid

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 11, 2018, 12:01:21 PM

That doesn't seem to clear anything up about a FG minister making false claims about having no knowledge of a smear campaign against a Garda whistleblower and the very serious (fabricated) allegations made against when there was evidence that she was fully aware of the goings on.

Now why were the usual suspects on here not bringing their soapbox to the FG thread to voice their outrage about how a Government minister could be fully aware of such a callous treatment of an innocent man who only wanted to stop Gardai corruption and allow it continue?

The FG hierarchy seem to be have been fully briefed all the away along about the Garda hierarchy's despicable campaign against McCabe and were happy to let them at it, whatever the nature of their tactics as long as controversy and reform could be avoided. I guess all you guys think that's ok though? I haven't seen much condemnation on the role of FG in this case, on here anyway. Why was that I wonder?

From the link you posted, the inaccurate information seems to have been put forward by counsel for the Garda Commissioner - a Garda Commissioner that was up to her neck in it. A Garda Commissioner that FG hemmed and hawed over sending out to pasture despite all the damning evidence against her.
Bomber

I think you will have a hard time convincing people that corruption is worse than what happened in Enniskillen.

When neoliberalism collapses a lot of Southern institutions will probably be reformed. What whataboutery will you use then?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

weareros

Point being: Wallace said in Dail that Sgt McCabe would have been buried if he did not record that conversation. That has now shown to be false. It has yet to be proven that Fitzgerald was part of a smear campaign. If proven true, I would expect shed'd be expelled unlike SF's punishment in this case.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on January 11, 2018, 12:13:55 PM

Bomber

I think you will have a hard time convincing people that corruption is worse than what happened in Enniskillen.

When neoliberalism collapses a lot of Southern institutions will probably be reformed. What whataboutery will you use then?

One happened in the midst of a bloody conflict.

The other didn't.

I don't think I'd have a hard time convincing people that Enniskillen was no worse than Dunmanway, which seems to have been airbrushed out of Free State history.