All Ireland Football Final Tickets

Started by Dinny Breen, August 12, 2019, 11:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

All Ireland 2019 Dublin v Kerry

I am neutral and would pay €90 if offered a ticket
35 (25.4%)
I am neutral and would not pay €90 if offered a ticket
85 (61.6%)
I am from a competing county and would have no problem paying €90 if offered a ticket
14 (10.1%)
I am from a competing county and would reluctantly pay €90 if offered a ticket
2 (1.4%)
I am from a competing county and can't afford to bring the family and don't want to go alone.
2 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 138

Voting closed: September 01, 2019, 11:29:47 AM

mup

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 14, 2019, 08:37:05 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 14, 2019, 08:32:44 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 14, 2019, 08:29:10 AM
Quote from: t_mac on August 14, 2019, 08:19:43 AM
https://twitter.com/Paul_Coady10/status/1160989116089229313

The one thing no one has mentioned is it a case the GAA are compensating cost for the amount of free tickets given away. i.e 2 to every club, sponsers, dignataries etc. Id say its a fair few thousand.

Eh? Clubs dont get free tickets.

Are two tickets not sent out to every club and do they pay for them? i thought they were free all these years.

Morto.

TheGreatest

Quote from: mup on August 19, 2019, 10:40:33 AM

The one thing no one has mentioned is it a case the GAA are compensating cost for the amount of free tickets given away. i.e 2 to every club, sponsers, dignataries etc. Id say its a fair few thousand.

Are two tickets not sent out to every club and do they pay for them? i thought they were free all these years.

Morto.

I am terribly embarrassed about the whole thing!!

Il add it to the GAA wiki 101 - no. 86, club AI tickets are not free. . .

Mup the straw Clutcher

mup

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 19, 2019, 03:10:02 PM
Quote from: mup on August 19, 2019, 10:40:33 AM

Morto.

I am terribly embarrassed about the whole thing!!

Il add it to the GAA wiki 101 - no. 86, club AI tickets are not free. . .

Mup the straw Clutcher

So you should be.

shantygael

They are not sent to the club's,they are sent to the county boards where a member of the club's committee can then pick them up(with cheque book in hand).
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

Jim Bob

Tickets were easy to get hold of on Sunday around Croke Park. I know of some which were  sold at less than face value as they were afraid of not shifting them at all.

Rossfan

Good.
How/Why did the cnuts get them in the first place?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

highorlow

QuoteTickets were easy to get hold of on Sunday around Croke Park. I know of some which were  sold at less than face value as they were afraid of not shifting them at all.

The GAA are really biting the hand that feeds them now.

€7 for a programme on Sunday as well. I'd say they did't sell too many. Everyone giving out about that and when they heard the cost they were telling the sellers to keep them.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

delgany

€5 for football quailifer round 1 games, basically 
8 sets of team sheets, mugging people to boost the income!

RedHand88

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 20, 2019, 09:53:54 AM
Tickets were easy to get hold of on Sunday around Croke Park. I know of some which were  sold at less than face value as they were afraid of not shifting them at all.

Warns my heart

giveballaghback

Friend of mine got 2 davin end tickets for 40 euro each about an hour before throw in, he said there were any amount of tickets available below face value. I think the football may be the same, who is going to pay 90euro for a ticket to a game we already know the result of.

Blowitupref

Quote from: giveballaghback on August 20, 2019, 11:30:22 PM
Friend of mine got 2 davin end tickets for 40 euro each about an hour before throw in, he said there were any amount of tickets available below face value. I think the football may be the same, who is going to pay 90euro for a ticket to a game we already know the result of.

Hurling final had loads of tickets on sale on the day. Thats unlikely to be case for the football final, county allocations will be around 60k with the rest going to sponsors,press,educational bodies etc.  This final is seen as "historic event" and the Dubs would snap up 60K tickets on their own if they could.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 21, 2019, 12:38:30 AM
Quote from: giveballaghback on August 20, 2019, 11:30:22 PM

Hurling final had loads of tickets on sale on the day. Thats unlikely to be case for the football final, county allocations will be around 60k with the rest going to sponsors,press,educational bodies etc.  This final is seen as "historic event" and the Dubs would snap up 60K tickets on their own if they could.
The marketing team are happy to play the historic event card for this final. But that will wear off for next year and then win no.7 in 2021.

Hound

Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 21, 2019, 02:33:38 AM

The marketing team are happy to play the historic event card for this final. But that will wear off for next year and then win no.7 in 2021.
Ah, if we do 5, we won't do 6 in a row.
Gavin gone
Cluxton, Philly, Fitzy, Cian, MDMA, Andrews, Berno, Kev Mac retired
Kilkenny, Con and Costello going hurling
Fenton and Howard going travelling for a year

Hopefully Cooper, McCarthy, Jack, Small, Scully, Rock and Mannion will still hang around so we can give Leinster a lash at least, but don't be putting any money on 6 in a row!

Angelo

Quote from: Hound on August 21, 2019, 08:20:59 AM

Gavin gone

Hopefully Cooper, McCarthy, Jack, Small, Scully, Rock and Mannion will still hang around so we can give Leinster a lash at least, but don't be putting any money on 6 in a row!

Do you really expect Gavin to call time on it if they win in a fortnight? I see him being another Cody, Harte, Boylan who will be there for the next decade.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Angelo on August 21, 2019, 09:23:36 AM
Quote from: Hound on August 21, 2019, 08:20:59 AM

Gavin gone

Do you really expect Gavin to call time on it if they win in a fortnight? I see him being another Cody, Harte, Boylan who will be there for the next decade.

I agree. Sure hasn't he agreed to stay until 2021 at the very latest.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.