Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

champion1981

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 12, 2019, 07:48:30 AM
Now Jarlath Burns has commented on kilcooos sledging. No place in the game for that and if he gets in as president he will be stamping it out. Anyword how Kilcoo got on at the ulster council appeals last night? They would have been safer to take the suspension and move on as it has got some bad publicity since Sunday. This has happened before so it's not a one off incident
is this the same jarlath burns that also says we need to do away with the tri colour and irish national anthem?🤔

PTC

Now Jarlath Burns has commented on kilcooos sledging. No place in the game for that and if he gets in as president he will be stamping it out. Anyword how Kilcoo got on at the ulster council appeals last night? They would have been safer to take the suspension and move on as it has got some bad publicity since Sunday. This has happened before so it's not a one off incident
im surprised there is any room in the papers to write about the alleged sledging with the amount of crap the point have in them

Last Caress

Quote from: champion1981 on October 12, 2019, 08:26:30 AM
is this the same jarlath burns that also says we need to do away with the tri colour and irish national anthem?🤔
your correct. It has happened before. All over Ireland. Needs to be addressed. And I think it will. But how can it be policed.

If Burns gets to be President and removes the flag and anthem from the game I bet kilcoo will be to blame for that too😁😁

Smurfy123

Sledging is part of the game but to slag a players dead parent of a few months is unacceptable.
Don't you worry about what's in the papers. CPN will win tomorrow. Everyone saying to me at the start of the year that we were not even a top 4 team no sign of them men now.
The blue wave has arrived and not the one that won division 2 last year

whitegoodman

Does anyone actually think Kilcoo are right in appealing the ban ?

downjim

No it was a disgrace they appealed it and any right minded person I talked to said the same, there was a few staunch Kilcoo gaels in that too.
Smurfy I think Kilcoo are ready for you, beating Longstone and Harps in Newry is not really top class opposition. I just think Kilcoo will have too much experience.
Should be an interesting battle no doubt and may the best team win.

Maurice Moss

Best of luck to our ladies footballers in their Ulster semi final today and to our senior footballers in the final tomorrow.

#UTM

KeyboardWarrior645

Quote from: champion1981 on October 06, 2019, 11:39:06 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 06, 2019, 10:25:10 AM
Kilcoo have not been good champions at any level. Always something that puts a dark cloud over all teams and that's why and it pains me to say it Burren win today. Burren are a great club who respect all teams. Kilcoos minor championship team has been somewhat massively turnised with some disgraceful stuff on route to the final. I wonder who they take after
unfortunately sledging is part of the game now ,at every level,we even seen it in the all ireland ,was the kilcoo players sledging for no reason?did the bridge players  not say or do anything  to kilcoo players? I think not! Anyway it's the same old cliche # don't give what you cant take back🤔
You are every bit as bad as the kilcoo player that said it. You must be some example to your own family.

KeyboardWarrior645

Quote from: Maurice Moss on October 12, 2019, 11:21:01 AM
Best of luck to our ladies footballers in their Ulster semi final today and to our senior footballers in the final tomorrow.

#UTM
Hope yous are well beaten, up St. Paul's and CPN!

champion1981

Quote from: KeyboardWarrior645 on October 12, 2019, 02:36:27 PM
Quote from: champion1981 on October 06, 2019, 11:39:06 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 06, 2019, 10:25:10 AM
Kilcoo have not been good champions at any level. Always something that puts a dark cloud over all teams and that's why and it pains me to say it Burren win today. Burren are a great club who respect all teams. Kilcoos minor championship team has been somewhat massively turnised with some disgraceful stuff on route to the final. I wonder who they take after
unfortunately sledging is part of the game now ,at every level,we even seen it in the all ireland ,was the kilcoo players sledging for no reason?did the bridge players  not say or do anything  to kilcoo players? I think not! Anyway it's the same old cliche # don't give what you cant take back🤔
You are every bit as bad as the kilcoo player that said it. You must be some example to your own family.
climb back under the rock keyboardwarrior, you 🛎end

Leftmidfield

Quote from: KeyboardWarrior645 on October 12, 2019, 02:48:29 PM
Quote from: Maurice Moss on October 12, 2019, 11:21:01 AM

#UTM
Hope yous are well beaten, up St. Paul's and CPN!
[/quote
Is the senior final being streamed ?

terrifictommy

I'm not really bothered who wins, I'm just hoping both teams get to express themselves rather than fall foul of the defensive blockades. Kilcoo will be hard to break down for CPN though so I'll edge with Kilcoo.
Can't see past Glenn in first game.

maldini

Liatroim relegated to division 3
Saul v Saval in the play off to see who else goes down with Tullylish and Liatroim

yewtree

Quote from: champion1981 on October 12, 2019, 08:26:30 AM

And what would be terribly wrong with that ? Sports association nothing else and time to maker it more welcoming for others. Too many rednecks who want to keep us in the past , maybe they can't wield influence anymore through violence and are trying to keep the GAA back thankfully we are progressives and moving away from this political nonsense.

Tomorrow a progressive town and club with lots of crossover from football to the gaelic can hopefully soon be the symbol of a new GAA as opposed to one redneck club that is firmly rooted in the past.

The peoples favourites can be a real new symbol of sport - the point to win by 7 masterminded yet again by Barney.
Barney's legacy is the Burren great teams (he had a serious impact on all those he coached from Burren) and now his stamp is on the point.

terrifictommy

Yewtree, you're progressively becoming an annoying git. I mean just lay down, enjoy the game tomorrow and don't let the occasion go to your head. This crusade you're on is boring. Seen the Ulster draw for 2020, didn't see either East Down or South Down in first round games. Down was there though #onecounty