New 'Top Gear'

Started by BennyCake, May 30, 2016, 12:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: ned on June 02, 2016, 05:19:15 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 02, 2016, 05:15:00 PM
Quote from: ned on June 02, 2016, 04:30:07 PM
Unbelievable kick up about three public schoolboy, racists leaving a TV show.
The show is about cars and as long as they have slots like the one with LeBlanc and the Nomad it will do okay.
Who would you rather have? Clarkson or Evans? Would you rather your bollocks were kicked or punched?
Bad example. Some people may be into getting their bollocks punched.
I watched a show on Channel 4 one night where a fella got a kick out of attaching a car battery to his testicles.

So what you are saying is, liking Clarkson is a perversion. I would agree.

I liked the old version.  It was an entertainment show about 3 mates who liked cars and didn't give fxxk about the establishment.  Yes they took it too far on occasion but it was good viewing.  A league of their own is in a similar vein, mates who mess about with a vague link to sport.

Jobs you would enjoy getting up in the morning to go to! !

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: general_lee on June 01, 2016, 08:03:00 AM
Ever since that gimp was at Billie piper (my celeb crush at the time) I couldn't stand him. I watched ten mins before turning it off. The man is awful to listen to and even worse to look at. Le Blanc just stood around like a spare part

Time will heal General. Time will heal.

under the bar

Clarkson is the type of person whose obituary you'd look forward too....

5 Sams

Much better this week....the piece with Evans and the McLaren was brilliant...what a yoke ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Babe Ruth 47

Eddie Jordan gives the show a much needed other dimension. Good character.

mrdeeds

Just after watching second episode. Massive improvement. When do they go to Ireland on show?

5 Sams

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 06, 2016, 08:46:46 PM
Just after watching second episode. Massive improvement. When do they go to Ireland on show?

I think its the 4th week.
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

Agree. Much better, helped by the video in S. Africa and the Maclaren.

BennyCake

screenexile

Was doomed from the start!

Evans wasn't the right choice as he's quite divisive in that you either like him or loathe him and I think they needed a safer option after Clarkson. It will be interesting to see who they get for the next series!

general_lee

He's f**king awful and thank god he quit. He doesn't have a voice for radio never mind a face for tv.. I couldnt watch past the first ten mins of the first episode thanks to that weasel

LeoMc

That is the set complete now that Ginger had joined Posh Cameron, Sporty Hodgson, Scary Garage and Baby Johnson.

muppet

Quote from: LeoMc on July 04, 2016, 09:44:29 PM
That is the set complete now that Ginger had joined Posh Cameron, Sporty Hodgson, Scary Garage and Baby Johnson.

The Spice Nobs?
MWWSI 2017

NAG1

Quote from: Babe Ruth 47 on June 06, 2016, 08:36:58 PM
Eddie Jordan gives the show a much needed other dimension. Good character.

Heard it all now, he is beyond useless as a TV presenter, he cant even think what he is going to say before it is out. So stilted and disjointed.

Bord na Mona man

I'm surprised Evans went so quickly. If he had stuck it out, he might have found his feet and the audience start to warm to him.
I presume there are other background reasons?