You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

QuoteNow you calling me an unfit parent, would you deem that to be liable?
Why are you going to sue me?   ::)

Fivetimes
Pints, those mother and toddler spaces are close to the door for a reason. I am sure it could be quite difficult for a woman to load her car with shopping and get the kids into the car if she was on her own.
Nonsense I do it all the time.

Would you really want to see a woman struggling with a screaming toddler and a busted bag of shopping.
NO course not but I've never seen a woman like that taking advantage of a space.  It's the women that have to walk a mile home with a few children and a couple of bags of shopping that get my sympathy. 

QuoteWould it kill you to have to walk from the back of the car park, or even half way down it?
It might! According to louth exile and snowed under carparks are dangerous places!

Doesnt your Mammy still do your shopping for you? 
No of course not I'm far to old for that.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 13, 2007, 12:39:47 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on October 13, 2007, 12:36:37 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 13, 2007, 12:13:14 PM
No I don't park across 2 or 3 of them and I don't get them most of the time, they're usually filled.
If you can manage, then manage - don't be so selfish. 

It's sad you're reduced to name calling (I thought the admin was putting a stop to it?) when you have no argument.
Your edits are so much nicer  :-*

Ah now pints, you can't say there is no arguement for the parent and child spaces, it has been put forward by snowed under, myself and others on this and in fact on a couple of other threads as well at this stage. Snowed under has lost the cool which I have done before with your ignorant manner, that is understandable. But now you are going and telling teacher (you can't go telling mammy as she is parked at the back of the car park), that is a bit childish. Have you reported it yet  ::)
I haven't told teacher anything - I could have reported his name calling but I havent.
You and him have put across some argument about unfit parents not being able to walk through a car park that's not very convincing.

Not only an ignorant individual but a cyber world freak.  Again, having no childern how can you comment about any parent being unfit if they want to avail of the spaces made available for them by shopping centres which you choose to ignore and selfishly park in.  Hope you get clamped real soon.

pintsofguinness

A cyber world freak?   :D
That's a new one.

QuoteAgain, having no childern how can you comment about any parent being unfit if they want to avail of the spaces made available for them  by shopping centres which you choose to ignore and selfishly park in.
I never said the parent was unfit for wanting to avail of the spaces - who wouldnt want to park at the door?
I dont buy this thing that a parent can't walk children across a car park.  As I say, I do it all the time - with children. 

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 13, 2007, 01:16:04 PM
A cyber world freak?   :D
That's a new one.

QuoteAgain, having no childern how can you comment about any parent being unfit if they want to avail of the spaces made available for them  by shopping centres which you choose to ignore and selfishly park in.
I never said the parent was unfit for wanting to avail of the spaces - who wouldnt want to park at the door?
I dont buy this thing that a parent can't walk children across a car park.  As I say, I do it all the time - with children. 

And toddlers? As you have no kids I will again explain what that is; a toddler is a child who is totally dependant on others; they cannot walk; cannot talk; cannot take direction; by law and for safety they need to be in certain type of car seat which the parent then attaches to a pram; hence the wider spaces; shopping centres appreciate that the parent may have more than one child and this coupled with any shopping they may purchase is the reason the spaces are near the doors.  It is quite obvious that these spaces and their intentions are treated with pure contempt by yourself; so as I say hope you get clamped real soon.

pintsofguinness

QuoteAnd toddlers? As you have no kids I will again explain what that is; a toddler is a child who is totally dependant on others; they cannot walk; cannot talk; cannot take direction; by law and for safety they need to be in certain type of car seat which the parent then attaches to a pram; hence the wider spaces; shopping centres appreciate that the parent may have more than one child and this coupled with any shopping they may purchase is the reason the spaces are near the doors.  It is quite obvious that these spaces and their intentions are treated with pure contempt by yourself; so as I say hope you get clamped real soon.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  Yes I know what toddlers are and have had them shopping too.  Jeeze this high and mighty attitudes some parents have is unreal  :D
Most parents have a push chair or pram for a toddler so there is no issue with walking them across a carpark.
So we're back to the wide spaces which I've no issue it, just put them at a suitable location in the car park and free up spaces at the door for disabled parking.
Do you think, you as a parent, are more entitled to a space at the door than a disabled person?

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 13, 2007, 01:35:37 PM
QuoteAnd toddlers? As you have no kids I will again explain what that is; a toddler is a child who is totally dependant on others; they cannot walk; cannot talk; cannot take direction; by law and for safety they need to be in certain type of car seat which the parent then attaches to a pram; hence the wider spaces; shopping centres appreciate that the parent may have more than one child and this coupled with any shopping they may purchase is the reason the spaces are near the doors.  It is quite obvious that these spaces and their intentions are treated with pure contempt by yourself; so as I say hope you get clamped real soon.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  Yes I know what toddlers are and have had them shopping too.  Jeeze this high and mighty attitudes some parents have is unreal  :D
Most parents have a push chair or pram for a toddler so there is no issue with walking them across a carpark.
So we're back to the wide spaces which I've no issue it, just put them at a suitable location in the car park and free up spaces at the door for disabled parking.
Do you think, you as a parent, are more entitled to a space at the door than a disabled person?

Absolutely not which is why I would never park in a disabled space.  Do you think as a non-parent you are entitled to selfishly use allocated spaces for mothers and toddlers?

Balboa

pintsofguinness

QuoteDo you think as a non-parent you are entitled to selfishly use allocated spaces for mothers and toddlers?
Yeah

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 13, 2007, 01:41:49 PM
QuoteDo you think as a non-parent you are entitled to selfishly use allocated spaces for mothers and toddlers?
Yeah

End of argument then - totally sums you up[edited by Mod3]

the Deel Rover

Jesus lads would ye just agree to disagree this argument has gone on for about 6 pages and will probably contine for ever as neither of ye are letting up at this stage
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

pintsofguinness

If you can come up with a good reason why these spaces need to be at the doors I'll stop parking in them.

Jesus lads would ye just agree to disagree this argument has gone on for about 6 pages and will probably contine for ever as neither of ye are letting up at this stage
Fair enough, I know I'm right.

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 13, 2007, 01:46:26 PM
If you can come up with a good reason why these spaces need to be at the doors I'll stop parking in them.

Aside from the fact that they are at the front doors do you not concede that a mother/father with a toddler needs the extra space these allocated spaces provide.  If so your selfish act of parking in them is even more reprehensible.  The parents didn't place tham at the doors the shopping centres did.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Snowed Under on October 13, 2007, 01:51:25 PM

Aside from the fact that they are at the front doors do you not concede that a mother/father with a toddler needs the extra space these allocated spaces provide.  If so your selfish act of parking in them is even more reprehensible.  The parents didn't place tham at the doors the shopping centres did.
Yeah but there's normally plenty of room at the back of the carpark. 

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 13, 2007, 02:02:22 PM
Quote from: Snowed Under on October 13, 2007, 01:51:25 PM

Yeah but there's normally plenty of room at the back of the carpark. 

Full circle - my initial post to you was spot on - [edited by Mod3]

pintsofguinness

Well I'm sorry if my actions made you walk a 100 yards or so with your children.