Digital Re-tune

Started by illdecide, September 06, 2019, 10:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Just done my re tune and my TV3/Virgin media channel is gone. All the rest of the channels are there RTE1, RTE2 and TG4, i've checked all of the TV, there are Virgin Media 2 & 3 but not the main one (Virgin Media) for the sports etc. My freeview box is built into the TV...anyone else get shafted?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

screenexile

Quote from: illdecide on September 06, 2019, 10:55:03 AM
Just done my re tune and my TV3/Virgin media channel is gone. All the rest of the channels are there RTE1, RTE2 and TG4, i've checked all of the TV, there are Virgin Media 2 & 3 but not the main one (Virgin Media) for the sports etc. My freeview box is built into the TV...anyone else get shafted?

I'm shafted up here as well can't get BBC anymore not sure what's going on??!!

giveherlong

Have same problem, lost ALL Channels on Soarview
Had perfect RTE, TG4 and Virgin media before via Saorview
Any solutions??

trailer

Quote from: giveherlong on September 06, 2019, 11:23:13 AM

Any solutions??

Move house.

illdecide

Quote from: trailer on September 06, 2019, 11:48:01 AM
Quote from: giveherlong on September 06, 2019, 11:23:13 AM

Any solutions??

Move house.

You're some pup trailer, sides are splitting here laughing.

playwiththewind1st

'Ignore' is a great thing on this. But ffs please quit quoting him.

illdecide

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on September 06, 2019, 08:08:25 PM

How do you use it or more importantly where is the magic button...

Ball Hopper

Quote from: illdecide on September 07, 2019, 12:16:09 AM

How do you use it or more importantly where is the magic button...

1.  Click on "Profile" at the top of the page (three to the right of "Home")...this opens a window with your profile details.

2. Hover over "Modify Profile" and you will see a drop-down list, the bottom one being "Buddies/Ignore List... "  Hover over that and drop-down list will appear with two items...click on "Edit Ignore List"

3. Under the heading "Add to Ignore List" you will see a box to type a member's name in.  Start typing...notice it helps you along with everything available from every character you enter appearing as a drop down.  For example, if you type in "kerry" , the 4th name on the list is Kerry Mike, Long live Kerry Mike....but if you add the letter "f" to your typing, the list will be shortened to the following members:  "kerryforsam", "KerryforSam-2019", kerryforsam16" and ""kerryforsam19". 

4. Select whoever you wish to ignore and hit the "add" button.  That poster will the appear in your ignore list.

5. Clicking the red X on the right hand side of a poster's name on the "Edit Ignore List" will remove that poster from your Ignore List.

That's my non-technical summary of it anyway.  Feel free to correct me if needed.

Owen Brannigan

+1

The perfect solution for the angry/stupid/annoying brigade who flood every thread with multiple quotations as they incapable/too lazy to edit.

Dougal Maguire

f**k that multiple quote thing drives me up the walls
Careful now

BennyCake

First retune, I lost RTE and TG4.

Retuned it a few times now. Got back RTE, but can't get BBC Four and BBC News on HD.

bridgegael

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Jim Bob

BennyCake

Quote from: Jim Bob on September 07, 2019, 03:33:52 PM
Lost the Now 80s channel

The Now 90's channel seemed to close a couple weeks ago. Don't think it was due to the retune though. Now that I looked Now 80's has gone too.

And Keep it Country gone too... jaysus this is all too much for me!!  ;D

playwiththewind1st

Still have TG4 & RTE. BBC 4 now on 106.