Cavan Senior Football Managers job, Apply on Sporttracker.ie

Started by BallyhaiseMan, August 07, 2008, 03:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

From Hoganstand...

Cavan take alternative route in management appointment
07 August 2008

It is understood that Cavan County Board will be looking to a Dundalk-based recruiting company to help find a replacement for Donal Keogan, who left his position as Cavan senior team manager last month.

SportTrackerjobs provide an analysis support system for sportspeople and are the company that will play a major part in allocating a new senior boss in the Breffni County.

Anyone considered by the County Board as a potential candidate will be invited to apply online at www.sporttrackerjobs.ie and nominations from clubs within the county can be made until next Monday, after which a list will be constructed for interviews for the position.

According to Managing Director Peter Larkin the service will be free to Cavan on SportTracker's part in order to raise awareness of the company which began last year.

Cavan County Board chairman Philip Smith admitted that their reasons for using the recruiting companied were to consider all options and appoint the best person possible.

"We want to make the best effort we can to find the right man for the job which is why we're involving SportTracker," said Smith.

Whether or not the new Cavan boss' appointment proves to be a success could have a telling impact on whether the company will last, but with several managers departing in recent weeks it looks to be a good time to launch the programme.

How Pathetic are we lads?   :D  :D
It would be hilarious if it werent so sad.

Anyone thinking of applying?

mylestheslasher

Tried to apply there - no luck yet. I work for a bunch of muppets now and I think that would qualify me to work for the muppets on the Cavan Co board. I also have no experience of management above U16 which should be a help in getting this job. I also only require 20c a mile which should be a serious advantage. Come on, some club has to nominate me! .....

At this stage I wouldn't be surprised if the job was given back to Keoghan.

BallyhaiseMan

Myles

you are not suitable for the job, You actually know Cavan Football,That rules you out.

Now it looks like a highly organised and efficient  company,Endorsed by alot of top individuals, Mickey Harte,Brian Cody,Rob Kearney,Dr Liam Hennessey and co.

Maybe just maybe something good might come out of this,But i cant see it.

The Thought though that a county with Cavans resources(sure we are one of the richest counties in terms of Financial backing for GAA with all the fundraising that goes) needs help with this, is astounding.

the Deel Rover

i might apply i wonder is there a pension scheme in place ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

lynchbhoy

I'd expect yous to go look for a high-ish profile guy that will cost a packet

luke dempsey is who I'd equate with the job for you

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 07, 2008, 04:29:19 PM

Apply for it LB sure you won a Minor Championship with Brigids

you're already more qualified than Keoghan was  ;D

Uladh

The county board executive members should be made walk around with postits on their foreheads with "sure we haven't a notion" scribbled on it until such time as john maughan is appointed

Rossfan

Jaaasus they couldnt be that stupid ( not the post its -the Maughtan bit) ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Rossfan on August 07, 2008, 04:57:54 PM
Jaaasus they couldnt be that stupid ( not the post its -the Maughtan bit) ;D

you didn't disappoint me Rossfan ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

tierworker blue

personally i think its a county board cop-out...if it goes badly they can wash their hands of it and if it goes well (perhaps it might...it can't exactly get worse than it was under keogan!) they can pat each other on the back for being innovative and ahead of the pack.
until i research the company involved i reserve judgement on them, but it smacks of snake oil sales at the moment.
on a positive note, im all for keeping the decision away from the county board, because in my opinion they hav'nt a clue about so many aspects of how things should be done, but i believe that a panel of intelligent, respected ex players (for example john donnellan, ronan carolan etc etc...there are plenty of capable people available) could have gotten their heads together and came up with a list of candidates for the job...essentially doing exactly what this recruitment company is doing, but keeping it all 'in house' so to speak. im afraid of someone who is all talk and no trousers getting the job just because they do a good interview. we need to start getting things right at every level from here on out if we're to get out of the doldrums and have a bright future (which is entirely possible...it may take a while, but it can be done!)
anyway, that's my sixpence...whether we agree with this approach or not it's going ahead, so hopefully it will click (i'll happilly eat my words in exchange for some success to shout about!)

Lar Naparka

Hey!
I think I'll apply!

I am as well padded as Joe Kernan.
I can f and b like Paudie O'Shea.
I wear a monkey cap like Beefer Morrison.
I have a superiority complex like John Maughan.
Finally, I don't know where I am going like John O'Mahony.

I think my credentials are A1.
Where's the number again?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

orangeman

The reason wht Cavan co board are doing this is that when it all ends in tears again, they can say, "we didn't pick the c--t !"  ;)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on August 07, 2008, 04:30:55 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 07, 2008, 04:29:19 PM
Apply for it LB sure you won a Minor Championship with Brigids
you're already more qualified than Keoghan was  ;D
thats the problem BHM , people with the first rung level of experience should never be given jobs like this. Keoghan , myself and anyone else like that have no business applying or taking such positions until they have clocked up the necessary experience managing lower level sides, then senior teams followed by intercounty. Too many ex players try and fail - why because they jump straigh into it without getting their grounding or apprenticeship in management/coaching - lets face it, its completely different to playing.

A former Derry player said it to me the other day that its an unbelieveable difference and such an eye opener to be part of a management team now as opposed to playing.

Cavan are better than what they have shown, but need an experienced good man with them. While I dont think dempsey is that good to create an AI winning team, he certainly woul dbring them up a few levels and have them competing for an ulster.
Fermanagh are the template there.

Denn Forever

From Lynchboy

Cavan are better than what they have shown, but need an experienced good man with them. While I don't think dempsey is that good to create an AI winning team, he certainly woul dbring them up a few levels and have them competing for an ulster.
Fermanagh are the template

Thats what we want.  But can we take the slagging we would get from Longford/Westmeath?  Here I mean the fans. 

What is like with the players?  Would he be able to keep Dermot McCabe interested in playing next year?

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...