Val Andrews/Terry Hyland OUT

Started by BallyhaiseMan, June 25, 2011, 11:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

dont let the door hit ye on the way out lads  >:(

Blowitupref

Would it not be better to let Terry Hyland go it alone like he did with the Under 21 team?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

mylestheslasher

It's hard to know who is running the show in there. All I know is that the only team in Ireland we would beat is kilkenny. Back when Andrews started his 1st appointment was Stephen king as selector, a guy who everyone who knows him or played for him, knows he is totally useless. I see no future for Cavan with this set up.

tommysmith

I dont like to say this but its time to pay someone who has a track record big bucks for two years and see if anything can be done.

If that doesnt work just forget about the whole thing  :-[

Aaron Boone

Unlike a lot of counties, Cavan do have some youth coming through.

Dougal

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 26, 2011, 12:14:22 PM

thats true,and they'll be getting a good lesson today on how to drink pints and impress the ladies cos their county footballers
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

full moon

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 26, 2011, 01:58:40 AM
Would it not be better to let Terry Hyland go it alone like he did with the Under 21 team?
No way.
Keep him as U21 manager and a senior selector at most.
It's his level, this joint manager stuff is just bollocks.

As for Val Andrews and Stephen King, if they arent out the door we will continue to go backwards.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: hardstation on June 26, 2011, 03:18:02 PM
Here we go again with Cavan....

I know what you are saying and I'm conscious that more change is not good but we have to consider that we have somehow managed to go back even further than last year. The only team we would beat is kilkenny and that is just not good enough.

Breffni_Yank

They either go or they improve their backroom team. Simple as.

I heard Stephen King was not Val's choice at all and was he was literally forced upon him by the County Board.

From what I can see its pretty obvious that Anthony Forde and Ronan Carolan were the brains behind the u21 set-up.

We got hammered at home to LONGFORD for christ sake.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: hardstation on June 26, 2011, 03:18:02 PM
Here we go again with Cavan....
HS
We are after appointing 3 shite management teams in a row, Keoghan,Carr and now this duo.
We are not just complaining for the sake of it.
None of us think we have the players to beat the very best like Cork and Kerry,but we have the players to be far better than what we have shown this year and over the last number of years.
Our last decent manager McElkennon got us to the last 12 in 2005,with a set of players not as talented as the grouping we have on the scene right now.
We are just above rock bottom,and we will hit it next year with relegation to Division 4 if this duo is allowed to stay on.

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Dougal on June 26, 2011, 12:22:40 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 26, 2011, 12:14:22 PM

thats true,and they'll be getting a good lesson today on how to drink pints and impress the ladies cos their county footballers

Come on now Dougal. A ride never hurt any man ;D

Breffni_Yank

Love listening to McGeeney after games. I think someone with a character like his is the only way we will see our situation improve. Seems to be no discipline with out lads at all...Kildare had plenty of problems with player commitment and that in previous years but he seems to have them on the straight and narrow now and well organsed.

I'm sure he wouldn't come within an arses roar of the Cavan team though...

onefaircounty

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on June 26, 2011, 06:05:21 PM
Love listening to McGeeney after games. I think someone with a character like his is the only way we will see our situation improve. Seems to be no discipline with out lads at all...Kildare had plenty of problems with player commitment and that in previous years but he seems to have them on the straight and narrow now and well organsed.

But maybe his assistant would.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: onefaircounty on June 26, 2011, 06:08:17 PM
Quote from: Breffni_Yank on June 26, 2011, 06:05:21 PM

But maybe his assistant would.
Aidan O Rourke???
Id like to see that happen,but its too sensible of a suggestion for the Cavan County Board.

Breffni_Yank

Im at the stage where I have given up on the senior team.

Being honest I do think we have young talented men in there and the fact we actually won something this year gives us some hope to cling to. The likes of McEnroe and McKiernan will improve in time but we are so desperately lacking in strong characters to guide them.

I think the players need someone like McGeeney to look up to. Kildare at the minute are maximizing their potential and that's all I would like to see Cavan doing..