Cavan V Longford Qualifiers Round 1.

Started by BallyhaiseMan, June 12, 2011, 06:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

After that shambles today,the Larries will have to be favourites.
I wasnt down at Aughrim two years ago,or Pairc Ui Rinn last year,but that might very well the worst championship performance ive ever witnessed by a Cavan team.
What do you Larries think?

seafoid

That looks like a nice draw for the Larries.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

anglocelt39

without even knowing the final score it CANNOT be as bad as Cork last year
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

lenny

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 12, 2011, 06:21:36 PM
I wasnt down at Aughrim two years ago,or Pairc Ui Rinn last year,but that might very well the worst championship performance ive ever witnessed by a Cavan team.

Maybe, but surely even with a bad defeat your young players will have benefitted from getting a senior championship game under their belts. Donegal are difficult opponents with a settled team and gameplan. They have a great chance of winning Ulster this year so its no shame to be beaten by them. A bit of a run in the qualifiers could suit a young team like Cavan and really bring them on.

Shamrock Shore

Hard to call but I am looking forward to it.

Longford have been awful in front of the posts of late. Cavan were poor today by all accounts.

I don't expect a classic - the odds will be with Cavan - simply due to home advantage.

Celt_Man

At the minute, still being absolutely disgusted with today's result, all I can say is, it better not interfer with club fixtures
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

footy15

Going by todays peformance Longford would have a preety easy game but im sure Cavan will improve , and will be a tight game

mylestheslasher

I think it will be a tight game but I'd be hopefull we can win.

Shamrock Shore

Being married to a Cavan woman (albeit that she has no interest in football) I can have some fun coming up to the game.

Meself and her brother will prob team up for the match and the craic should be good in Breffni mixing with the Cavan lads in me retro 1980s Longford geansai. As it's in Cavan no way as I promising choc-ices or kit-kats. Cavan lads can afford their own.

May the least worst team win!

beer baron

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 12, 2011, 06:21:36 PM

Bad it was but the Cork game was an absolute embarassment, hopefully never be matched!

Billys Boots

If Cavan can't 'get it up' for this one, they never will.  ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 13, 2011, 09:18:09 AM
If Cavan can't 'get it up' for this one, they never will.  ::)

You'd be amazed Billy! The days of Gowna dominated Cavan teams are gone so that rivalry, most borne from Cavan players attending Moyne, is now diminished. I think the main motivation for us will be to show the country we are not as bad as that performance suggested. I think anything less than a 100% fired up Cavan team will mean defeat.

BallyhaiseMan

so its Cavan,Longford and Louth against Meath on Saturday week.
it will be like something out of Green Street.
Bring yer stones lads,we owe them for 97.

Shamrock Shore

Myles

There was a fair scatter of Mullaghoran lads in our secondary school in Longford in the 80s, as well as the Buddy Kiernans from Kilnaleck, among others.

Cavan are the riches to rags county - we have never risen much beyond starvation. In history unequals. In current times equals.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.