Justice for Phoebe Prince,Clare teenager harrassed into suicide in the US.

Started by BallyhaiseMan, March 30, 2010, 09:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Good to see those little scumbags have been charged.

NORTHAMPTON, Mass. (CBS/AP) Nine teenagers face charges for allegedly hounding and harassing 15-year-old Irish immigrant Phoebe Prince, bullying her to the point where she hanged herself to end her misery.

Out of the nine teens, two boys are charged with statutory rape and they and a clique of girls are facing charges including stalking, criminal harassment and violating Phoebe's civil rights.

Candlelight Vigil for Phoebe (Associate Press/The Republican, Don Treeger)
School officials are not charged even though authorities say they knew the girl was being bullied and they didn't stop the harassment even after Prince's mother came to two of them with her concerns.

Northwestern District Attorney Elizabeth Scheibel said the events before the teen's death on Jan. 14 were "the culmination of a nearly three-month campaign of verbally assaultive behavior and threats of physical harm" widely known among the student body.

The 15-year-old was insulted and threatened almost from her first day at South Hadley High School, bullying her in the halls, library and through text messages. Prince was harassed for having a short relationship with a popular boy in school.

On the day she hung herself, Prince was pelted with a beverage container and cursed at as she walked home from school.

Scheibel said the harassment began in September, occurring primarily in school and in person, although some of it surfaced on Facebook and in other electronic forms. At least four students and two faculty members intervened to try to stop it or report it to administrators, she said.

Prince's family has since moved away from the area.

Some students accused of participating in the bullying have been disciplined by the school and will not be returning to classes.

The teens who face criminal charges under the indictments announced Monday are:

Sean Mulveyhill, 17, of South Hadley. Charged with statutory rape, violation of civil rights resulting in bodily injury, criminal harassment and disturbance of a school assembly.

Kayla Narey, 17, of South Hadley. Charged with violation of civil rights resulting in bodily injury, criminal harassment and disturbance of a school assembly.

Austin Renaud, 18, of Springfield. Charged with statutory rape.

Ashley Longe, 16, of South Hadley. Charged as a youthful offender with violation of civil rights resulting in bodily injury.

Sharon Chanon Velazquez, 16, of South Hadley. Charged as a youthful offender with stalking and violation of civil rights resulting in bodily injury.

Flannery Mullins, 16, of South Hadley. Charged as a youthful offender with stalking and violation of civil rights resulting in bodily injury.

Three 16-year-old South Hadley girls, whose names were not released, face delinquency charges that include the civil rights offense, criminal harassment and disturbance of a school assembly

gerry

Heard this on five live last night. Poor girl went through some hell and the school done nothing cause they scared of law suits. Those accused got irish roots to from what i remember but i could be wrong.

May she rest in peace
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

BallyhaiseMan

Sean Mulveyhill
Flannery Mullins

Two of irish descent there id imagine.

Yes I Would

Very sad story.. Hope she is at peace, but it didnt neednt have had to come to what it did.. I hope these little b**tards get their just punishment and experience at least a fraction of suffering this poor girl went through.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Puckoon

Bullies have a lot to answer for. Ive a very close family member whose life was essentially ruined by bullies from a very early age. To say it has shaped their very life today (and not in a good way) would be in no way an understatement. A year or two back they received a letter from the main perpetrator - apologising for how they had behaved in their youth and that they had only recently began to understand the depths of what they had done. The letter almost put the recipient into hospital just by the very recognition of the handwriting.

Bullies are the worst - thankfully in some people it is just a passing trait. Unfortunately what this poor girl was subjected to was just too much.

May she rest in peace.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

boojangles

Was someone filling me with shite or did I hear that some of the bullies were caught by some local Irish gang, tortured and killed after this poor girl committed suicide??

RIP Pheobe

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: boojangles on March 30, 2010, 10:28:57 PM
Was someone filling me with shite or did I hear that some of the bullies were caught by some local Irish gang, tortured and killed after this poor girl committed suicide??

RIP Pheobe

Unfortunately its not true boojangles.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: hardstation on March 30, 2010, 11:11:38 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 30, 2010, 11:09:57 PM

RIP Pheobe

Nice. What is in the water around Fermanagh/Cavan?
Poor comment.

Not at all,HS
if you read different articles concerning the topic,you would know about how those responsible mocked Phoebe at some sort of school function days after and laughed and took joy in their role in her death.
Not to mention their disgusting comments on a facebook memorial set up for her.
it would be hard to have sympathy should something terrible happen to any of those scumbags.

ziggysego

Bullies are the worst in the world. I've crossed paths in a few in my times, but thankfully I had the strength to stand up to them. Bullies soon cower away, when you stand up to them.

I can't imagine what this poor girl must have endured.

RIP Phoebe.
Testing Accessibility

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: hardstation on March 30, 2010, 11:22:15 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 30, 2010, 11:18:02 PM

RIP Pheobe

Poor comment.

Not at all,HS
if you read different articles concerning the topic,you would know about how those responsible mocked Phoebe at some sort of school function days after and laughed and took joy in their role in her death.
it would be hard to have sympathy should something terrible happen to any of those scumbags.
What they did was horrible and they should be held accountable for her death. They shouldn't be tortured and killed. What would that make those killers?

Poor comment.

If this was your daughter HS what you do, I know what id do, now bear in mind this world NEVER really punishs the perpurtraitors enough, not to the extent they tortured this girl. If they were killed, the killers would be heroes in my eyes. The Law and prison is far to good for them scum.

May she rest in peace.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 30, 2010, 11:30:54 PM

RIP Pheobe

Poor comment.

Not at all,HS
What they did was horrible and they should be held accountable for her death. They shouldn't be tortured and killed. What would that make those killers?

Poor comment.

If this was your daughter HS what you do, I know what id do, now bear in mind this world NEVER really punishs the perpurtraitors enough, not to the extent they tortured this girl. If they were killed, the killers would be heroes in my eyes. The Law and prison is far to good for them scum.

May she rest in peace.

I was typing out a reply when i seen your response Sligonian.
You put it perfectly in my opinion.
They should be tried as accessories to murder,but no doubt they will get off with slaps on the wrist.

Geoff Tipps

It's so sad she felt there was no one she could turn for help. I haven't read a story that has made me this angry in ages. Those sh*ts deserve whatever punishment the legal system can give them.
R.I.P. Phoebe

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: hardstation on March 30, 2010, 11:39:57 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 30, 2010, 11:36:17 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 30, 2010, 11:30:54 PM

RIP Pheobe

Poor comment.

Not at all,HS

Poor comment.

May she rest in peace.

I was typing out a reply when i seen your response Sligonian.
You put it perfectly in my opinion.
They should be tried as accessories to murder,but no doubt they will get off with slaps on the wrist.
Not exactly what you said. Torturing and killing were involved in your first post. Don't back away from your comment.

Sligonian, people who murder 17/18 year old girls are heroes? I do despair.

im not backing away from any comment.
If those responsible for  torturing and killing phoebe,got some of their own treatment  in revenge.
Well you wouldnt see me condemning the killers,thats for sure.