Eamon McGee(Donegal) and Gerard Pierson(Cavan) to join London panel in 2010

Started by BallyhaiseMan, January 12, 2010, 10:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

From Hoganstand:
London could be a fair bit better this year!

Donegal defender Eamonn McGee and Cavan forward Gerald Pierson are expected to throw in their lot with the London footballers.

The news is a major boost to the Exiles who are benefiting from the recession after emigration from Ireland to the English capital came to a virtual standstill during the Celtic Tiger years.

McGee has joined Tir Chonaill Gaels, but is not eligible to play for the Greenford-based club in Sunday week's All-Ireland club quarter-final against Munster champions Tir Chonaill Gaels.

Gowna clubman Pierson has also moved to London and is not included in Cavan's McKenna Cup squad, so the door is open for him to join the Exiles.

Former London manager Noel Dunning, who is now part of a three-man selection committee along with Liam Brennan and Martin McGrath, is also hoping Gary McCloskey will come on board after jetting back home to play for Leitrim in last year's league and championship.

Confirming that McGee and Pierson were on the management's radar, the Westmeath native said in the Irish Daily Star: "He (McGee) is over. He is involved with Tir Chonaill Gaels, helping them out, so he hasn't been involved with London yet.

"I'd certainly hope he'd commit, but I haven't spoken to him at any great length. I haven't spoken to any Tir Chonaill Gaels players. I don't want to try and derail them from what they are trying to achieve."

On Pierson, he added: "We'd be hoping we'd have him."

goal and a point

London could be a popular spot for county men without work at the minute, by the 2012 olympics they could be challenging for sam!!!

BennyHarp

Fair play to the lads - they have to follow the work and it helps to make the London team more competitive then thats a good thing for the sport in the UK!
That was never a square ball!!

antoinse

Fair play too Micky Harte on his article on the exiles in today's Irish News. He has nothing but admiration despite RTÉ'S 'sniper' for Noel Dunning and his tireless  work there.