USFC Semi Final, Cavan V Antrim, Clones,Saturday 27th June at 7pm

Started by BallyhaiseMan, June 14, 2009, 07:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Beat you to it Hardstation  :-*

Delighted for Antrim,today,Only seen parts of their game,due to our own club championship.
I know ye havent been there in about 50 years, so any of you Antrim lads who want directions for Clones,pm me,  ;D

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

milltown row

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 14, 2009, 07:43:51 PM

Delighted for Antrim,today,Only seen parts of their game,due to our own club championship.
I know ye havent been there in about 50 years, so any of you Antrim lads who want directions for Clones,pm me,  ;D

aye turn right and shite pitch at the top off the hill ;)

lads we have been past the first round before

mylestheslasher

Quote from: milltown row on June 14, 2009, 08:14:10 PM

We know, ye beat us the last time ye got through. I am going to stick my neck out and call a Cavan win. While Antrim really shocked me today I think that Donegal just took it for granted they would win and showed no fight and hunger. They had no respect for the Antrim challenge and they paid the price. Cavan will show respect to Antrim. My reasoning is based in the fact that Cavan met the "workaholics" Fermanagh, matched their work and the fact we had better forwards got us over the line. Today Donegal did not work, lost by a point but still kicked 17 wides. I think as long as Cavan Put in the work they'll out score Antrim. Of course in 70 minutes of football anything can happen and Antrim did beat Cavan in a challenge a few weeks ago in Lacken.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 14, 2009, 08:27:09 PM
Quote from: milltown row on June 14, 2009, 08:14:10 PM

We know, ye beat us the last time ye got through. I am going to stick my neck out and call a Cavan win. While Antrim really shocked me today I think that Donegal just took it for granted they would win and showed no fight and hunger. They had no respect for the Antrim challenge and they paid the price. Cavan will show respect to Antrim. My reasoning is based in the fact that Cavan met the "workaholics" Fermanagh, matched their work and the fact we had better forwards got us over the line. Today Donegal did not work, lost by a point but still kicked 17 wides. I think as long as Cavan Put in the work they'll out score Antrim. Of course in 70 minutes of football anything can happen and Antrim did beat Cavan in a challenge a few weeks ago in Lacken.

Agree with most of your post Myles,
But the Antrim forwards are streets ahead of the Fermanagh forward line.
I see our Full back line,if its left unchanged having problems with the Saffrons speed and movement.
We are one of the few  Ulster counties which before today would never underestimate Antrim,because we have played them so much in recent years,and have always known what great footballers they had,and also of their abilities to self destruct.
Bradley seems to have given them some bottle,Ive seen Antrim play Cavan off the field,but still manage to either come out of it with a loss or a draw.
This team doesnt look like it will do that,which is what worries me most.

saffron sam2

This is a crap thread. I'm waiting until hardstation starts his.

Last time Antrim senior footballers played in Clones, by the way. April 1996. Antrim 3-6, Fermanagh 0-6.

Team: B Devlin, M Mulholland, L McCurdy, A Donnelly, D McPeake, T McCrudden (0-1), G Adams, C O'Neill, E Quinn (0-1), J Wilson, A Craig, C McCabe (1-3), A Hannon, J McAleese (1-0), J McManus (1-0). Subs: C Murphy for J Wilson (25 mins).

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Orior

Nial McKeever might have to delay his trip to Australia. His dad, big Eddie, was going to accompany him, but he cant get a visa for his moustache. Its true!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: saffron sam2 on June 15, 2009, 08:46:47 AM

Last time Antrim senior footballers played in Clones, by the way. April 1996. Antrim 3-6, Fermanagh 0-6.

Team: B Devlin, M Mulholland, L McCurdy, A Donnelly, D McPeake, T McCrudden (0-1), G Adams, C O'Neill, E Quinn (0-1), J Wilson, A Craig, C McCabe (1-3), A Hannon, J McAleese (1-0), J McManus (1-0). Subs: C Murphy for J Wilson (25 mins).

What competiton was this in SS?
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

A Quinn Martin Production

Any word on Sean McGreevy's injury??  Anyone predict any changes to the team...maybe Kevin O'Boyle in for Dermot McCann??  I think this would be a good game for Kevin Niblock, good at winning dirty ball, can hold possession and is up for the physical stuff but who would make way??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

TacadoirArdMhacha

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

saffron sam2

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on June 15, 2009, 09:46:18 AM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on June 15, 2009, 08:46:47 AM

What competiton was this in SS?

Division 3 relegation play-off.

Changed times for the Erne men.

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 15, 2009, 10:03:11 AM
Would Omagh not have been a better venue?

Anywhere would have been better.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

mylestheslasher

Fcuk ye. Manys a time Cavan have had to travel the length of the province to play in Casement, its about time ye had to do it yourselves :P. Can't believe it is 96 since ye played in Clones.

CC1

I've got a feeling this game will be a classic. Two equally matched teams, both fighting for an unpredicted place in an Ulster final. The result will depend on how either team will play on the day but I think if both teams are playing to the best of their abilities, Cavan will just shade it.

We have a few more players to come in yet with Gunner, Lyng and Pierson all in line for a come back. I would give Gunner the nod to replace Sean Brady at half forward, his work rate and ability will be key.

Really looking forward to it!
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."