USFC Semi Final, Cavan V Antrim, Clones,Saturday 27th June at 7pm

Started by BallyhaiseMan, June 14, 2009, 07:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liihb

In fairness to Flanagan, I think it was the writer of the piece and not him that mentioned Donegal.....
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: liihb on June 15, 2009, 12:20:24 PM
In fairness to Flanagan, I think it was the writer of the piece and not him that mentioned Donegal.....

Flanagan was interviewed after the match against Fermanagh on BBC and made sure he said "Donegal or Antrim" when talking about the next game. Unfair criticism of the lad their Gold.

boojangles

Quote from: liihb on June 15, 2009, 12:20:24 PM

If your looking for motivation from that piece your clutching at straws Gold,there is no quote from Flanagan mentioning Donegal.Flanagan aint that stupid.The Post on the other hand make a common occurance of such mistakes.

cavan4ever

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: cavan4ever on June 16, 2009, 02:18:17 PM
Will many from Antrim travel down for this ?

I think you'll see a fair crowd of Saffron fans for this.  Luckily for me, living in Fermanagh, I know where Clones is...other Antrim fans can pick up maps at Casement on Tues evening ;)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Apparently Sean McGreevy pulled a muscle in the warm up on Sunday but hopes to be fit for the Cavan game.

stiffler

Quote from: saffron sam2 on June 15, 2009, 08:46:47 AM
This is a crap thread. I'm waiting until hardstation starts his.

Last time Antrim senior footballers played in Clones, by the way. April 1996. Antrim 3-6, Fermanagh 0-6.

Team: B Devlin, M Mulholland, L McCurdy, A Donnelly, D McPeake, T McCrudden (0-1), G Adams, C O'Neill, E Quinn (0-1), J Wilson, A Craig, C McCabe (1-3), A Hannon, J McAleese (1-0), J McManus (1-0). Subs: C Murphy for J Wilson (25 mins).

Many of them players still playing club football?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

milltown row

A donnelly for st pauls (played against him this season!!! and G Adams is still running up and and down the pitch like a wee lad for the seniors

Drung

longball

Can we rule out a suprise return to the panel for CJ McGourty?

Who will Antrim put to man mark Seanie Johnson?

Should be a good game this.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Quote from: longball on June 17, 2009, 12:03:21 PM
Can we rule out a suprise return to the panel for CJ McGourty?

Who will Antrim put to man mark Seanie Johnson?

Should be a good game this.

There was a rumour doing the rounds (maybe some of the St Gall's members can confirm/deny this) that McGourty had been asked back onto the panel after the league and had declined.  A very talented player but I think we're better off without him.

As for Seanie Johnston...Antrim did very well doubling up on McFadden and in the second half Murphy.  A possibility would be Kevin O'Boyle to come in for Dermot McCann, O'Boyle has the reputation of being a very good man marker.

I agree this should be a good open game.  Despite what Drung says I make Cavan slight favourites but too close to call at the moment.

cavan4ever

Any word on the fitness of Mickey Lyng? 

Will the Gunner come back in ?

Homer

Quote from: cavan4ever on June 17, 2009, 12:22:59 PM
Any word on the fitness of Mickey Lyng? 

Will the Gunner come back in ?

Brady switches attention to football
14 June 2009

Paul Brady will be available for Cavan's Ulster SFC semi-final against either Donegal or Antrim after returning from his latest handball success in California.

Brady confirmed his number one status on the world handball stage when he defeated legendary American player David Chapman on Friday night to claim his fifth consecutive US Men's Open title. The Mullahoran man will return to the US for the World Championships in October but, in the meantime, will be concentrating all his efforts on football.

"I'm finished with handball until the World Championships in October, so I will be able to concentrate fully on football with Mullahoran and whatever Cavan are involved in," said Brady, who had trained with Tommy Carr's squad before he flew out to the US Nationals.

Not sure about Lyng but I don't think he's far away from fitness either.

cavan4ever

mylestheslasher

Contrary to what many people say I didn't think Keating had a great game against Fermanagh. He was free the whole time but he kicked some terrible passes. I don't want to slag the lad as he is only 19 but I'd prefer to see Brady going in there instead of him. I'd also like to see Pierson start instead of Sean Brady who didn't do a lot last day apart from tapping over two easy scores. Maybe move Martin Reilly out to half forward and move Cullivan out too leaving the pair of lads inside on their own.