These New Rules are a joke

Started by BallyhaiseMan, January 03, 2009, 09:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Cavan 4 men,"sent off" tonight in Eddie Reily,Anton Reily,David Givney and John McCutcheon,Most of these for sweet f**k all.
The referee tonight was a complete tool.
I shudder to think what  more competitive games than tonights will end up like.
Teams will end up replacing 8/9 players per game.

pintsofguinness

Is this the new yellow card thing?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

AFS

I'm looking forward to watching the mess unfold tomorrow.

ONeill

For such an idiotic rule change, I hope havoc prevails over the next month or so and those who make such decisions are stood down. Idiotic.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

People will eventually get the message.
Even in Cavan. ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 03, 2009, 09:24:23 PM
Cavan 4 men,"sent off" tonight in Eddie Reily,Anton Reily,David Givney and John McCutcheon,Most of these for sweet f**k all.

Teams will end up replacing 8/9 players per game.

We have to presume they committed one of the yellow card offences??? ???
If players stopped fouling we would have less frees and no sendings off for foul play.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Abble

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 03, 2009, 09:24:23 PM

they had to get sent off for something ?

DoYerJob Linesman

Quote from: Rossfan on January 03, 2009, 09:58:30 PM
If players stopped fouling we would have less frees and no sendings off for foul play.

and a very dull game to watch.   :'(
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

Tyrone Dreamer

I really cant see the new rules working. Referee's are quick enough with ticks as it is. Some referees give a tick for every free even if the player made a genuine attempt to play the ball. You could be sent of very easily for 2 attempted tackles. The new rules are going to make it very hard to tackle and make the game less physical. Theyre also going to cause delays with the ref taking time to send the player off and then time sent getting the sub on. Cant believe they were passed.

BallyhaiseMan

They were all attempted tackles,First offences and 4 yellow cards,
No out and out clear pulling and dragging,maybe clumsy,but tackles that may or may not even have gotten a tick/black book last year,and Now they result in the players having to be replaced.
The worst tackle by a Cavan player was a clear deliberate trip by a frustrated Mark McKeever right in front of the referee.
That only got a black book/Tick.

Tommorow will be some fun alright.

bigpaul

A referee's inept performance should not be used to condemn rules! I think that something should be done to change the situation where yellow cards effectively mean nothing. As the situation stood a player could pick up cautions and, as long as he was disciplined enough, there was no further sanction, or if a player picked up a yellow he was at the mercy of a cute player who could contrive to have him dismissed. I know there are holes that can be picked in this but I would be open minded about it and am happy to give it a chance in both the Mc Kenna Cup and National League.

county derry post

Boys this sending off after one yellow card craic was tried in the league back in 2003 and was a farce then. It's particularly sore on corner-backs, on quite a few occasions I saw defenders coming on after the original man was yellow-carded, then the replacement who wasn't up to the pace of the game yet mistimed his first challenge and was off in a matter of minutes. I love watching football and don't see what's wrong with it, if the current rules were properly applied then there would be few problems.
Also, has anybody considered what effect these rules will have if they are evntually applied to club football. I've seen manys a junior league game or reserve match where a team maybe only has one or two subs, if boys are going to be seeing the line left right and centre then it's going to get farcical. Still it might mean this particular overweight man in his mid-thirties might see some game time for the reserves this year

Owenmoresider

Quote from: county derry post on January 03, 2009, 11:49:08 PM
Boys this sending off after one yellow card craic was tried in the league back in 2003 and was a farce then. It's particularly sore on corner-backs, on quite a few occasions I saw defenders coming on after the original man was yellow-carded, then the replacement who wasn't up to the pace of the game yet mistimed his first challenge and was off in a matter of minutes. I love watching football and don't see what's wrong with it, if the current rules were properly applied then there would be few problems.
Also, has anybody considered what effect these rules will have if they are evntually applied to club football. I've seen manys a junior league game or reserve match where a team maybe only has one or two subs, if boys are going to be seeing the line left right and centre then it's going to get farcical. Still it might mean this particular overweight man in his mid-thirties might see some game time for the reserves this year
It's a pure joke and if CB's would actually let these be discussed rather than going along with what HQ wants then maybe they would have seen these problems ahead.

Anyway in Tourlestrane tonight, four off, three for Sligo all before HT, Harrison's foul was clumsy but hardly meriting an early shower, and what Colleary and McNamara did to deserve that fate is beyond me. Actually, it isn't, and can be summed up as thus: Vincent Neary is a **** of the highest order. If he were consistent, then 4-5 Galway men would have gone, but just the one did. It's all down to how the ref interprets it, and if you have a biased hoor like Neary in charge, you're fecked. I shudder at the thought of either of the Enniscrone egotists taking charge of an Ulster game with these rules in place.

laoisgaa

Was at the game. I didn't think Anton Reilly was sent off for a yellow! Two of the yellow's were innocent enough stuff but I am of the opinion that we should give this system a chance - no red cards in any of the three games today to my knowledge and some fast open football throughout - would Shaun O'Neill have bagged a hat-trick had the Cavan defence not been cautious?

laoisgaa

The other thing I forgot to mention and Owenmoresider brought thoughts of it into my head when he mentioned Neary - every January we get the biggest mixed bag of ref's officiating at these competitions - usually guys starting off or early in their inter-county refereeing careers - in other words less of the 'wheat' and more of the 'chaff' - an interesting and frustrating month lies ahead!