Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avondhu star

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 07, 2018, 07:13:26 PM
Jesus man, hold back here. Nobody said he wasn't open to criticism. There's not one person that wouldn't agree that it was crass stupidity, however I don't think it was malicious. He seems to like to play the fool and on this occasion I think he meant to send the video to a number of close personal friends but made a mistake and hit the wrong button. It was pretty insensitive for an MP to joke about an issue like this but as always there are many who want to jump on the bandwagon and shaft him. I'm sure that at the moment he's suffering worse that the criticisers as a result of this.

"hit the wrong button"  Keep digging!

Kingsmill (like Enniskillen Birmingham etc) is such a stain on so called republicans that any man with an ounce of cop on should hear the alarm bells ringing when the word is mentioned
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Therealdonald

An obvious drop of the ball by Barry McElduff. He should have thought more.but it wasnt malicious. Just typical bandwagon jumpers down in the Free State.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Avondhu star on January 07, 2018, 09:42:42 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 07, 2018, 07:13:26 PM
Jesus man, hold back here. Nobody said he wasn't open to criticism. There's not one person that wouldn't agree that it was crass stupidity, however I don't think it was malicious. He seems to like to play the fool and on this occasion I think he meant to send the video to a number of close personal friends but made a mistake and hit the wrong button. It was pretty insensitive for an MP to joke about an issue like this but as always there are many who want to jump on the bandwagon and shaft him. I'm sure that at the moment he's suffering worse that the criticisers as a result of this.

"hit the wrong button"  Keep digging!

Kingsmill (like Enniskillen Birmingham etc) is such a stain on so called republicans that any man with an ounce of cop on should hear the alarm bells ringing when the word is mentioned
What do you mean by keep digging?
Careful now

Minder

Im sure in a day or two it will be Barry the victim
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Il Bomber Destro

Odd that the usual Free Staters are out in force here but they had nothing to say on the Stardust cover-up or the obstruction of justice in the Mary Boyle case.

Very odd that they will not dare criticise the establishment parties in the south.

trileacman

I hate the shinners but this was obviously not an attempt at argavating the Protestants. Barry hasn't prior history of that unlike so many of his DUP/sf contemporaries.

I'm kinda glad it happened to be honest, might damp down his bullshit attempts at humour. He's about as funny as a dose of the shits.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Minder

Quote from: trileacman on January 07, 2018, 10:01:16 PM
I hate the shinners but this was obviously not an attempt at argavating the Protestants. Barry hasn't prior history of that unlike so many of his DUP/sf contemporaries.

I'm kinda glad it happened to be honest, might damp down his bullshit attempts at humour. He's about as funny as a dose of the shits.

Yeah that's how I see it, especially his "humour"
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: trileacman on January 07, 2018, 10:01:16 PM

Good points.
Careful now

Itchy

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 07, 2018, 09:45:12 PM
An obvious drop of the ball by Barry McElduff. He should have thought more.but it wasnt malicious. Just typical bandwagon jumpers down in the Free State.

I'm a republican from so called free state so you shove that comment up yet hole ya dopey bollox.

Itchy

Let me tell you defenders of this crap something else. There will be no united Ireland without a proportion of current day unionists supporting it. We have that opportunity now due to the calamity of Brexit. United Ireland might make some financial/economic sense to middle ground unionists. The old guard in Republican circles are put out to pasture which makes it a bit easier to do for them too. Things are moving into place. And then you have a total f**king moron like this guy doing this. Unionists need to see that there losses will be respected in any new republic. Anyone who calls themselves a republican should understand that.

Sinn Fein leadership need to toss this fool out on his hole and show that while Arlene and her cronies have no shame, republicans will deal with this stuff. I am ashamed to see so many republicans defending this and reverting to "whataboutery" as a defense. Anyone who questions it is a free stater etc etc. Cop the f**k on.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Itchy on January 07, 2018, 10:13:02 PM
Let me tell you defenders of this crap something else. There will be no united Ireland without a proportion of current day unionists supporting it. We have that opportunity now due to the calamity of Brexit. United Ireland might make some financial/economic sense to middle ground unionists. The old guard in Republican circles are put out to pasture which makes it a bit easier to do for them too. Things are moving into place. And then you have a total f**king moron like this guy doing this. Unionists need to see that there losses will be respected in any new republic. Anyone who calls themselves a republican should understand that.

Sinn Fein leadership need to toss this fool out on his hole and show that while Arlene and her cronies have no shame, republicans will deal with this stuff. I am ashamed to see so many republicans defending this and reverting to "whataboutery" as a defense. Anyone who questions it is a free stater etc etc. Cop the f**k on.

What is important is balance and I think it's very relevant that those Free Staters who come on to express their outrage here are usually the same ones mentioned when it comes to commenting on the disgusting behaviour and obstruction of justice of the establishment parties in their own state.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on January 07, 2018, 08:08:37 PM
Quote from: Orior on January 07, 2018, 08:04:15 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on January 07, 2018, 07:57:34 PM
The question for anyone of us is.....
Do I believe he was making fun of the Kingsmill killings?

I don't believe he was making fun of the killings. I believe that the anniversary was not in his head the way the Loughgall killings would have been. It should have been however. He was acting the lig as usual with his 'entertaining' videos and made a terrible mistake. I am not a die hard Sinn Fein supporter. In fact I have never voted for Sinn Fein since 1981.

Before all hell broke loose, someone on his twitter account likened his joke image to the massacre making a wise crack about it. Barry 'Liked' it, but I think it is gone now as he deleted the post. Perhaps someone else kept the thread, because it is rather incriminating.

Looks like his bosses are at last taking it seriously:

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/sinn-fein-leadership-to-meet-barry-mcelduff-1-8319628

BTW the video was retweeted by O'Muilleor and his tweet has been captured.

Now O'Muilleor has decided it better to apologise for retweeting McElduff's video:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-42596332?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_news_ni&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=northern_ireland

Itchy

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 07, 2018, 10:17:40 PM

What is important is balance and I think it's very relevant that those Free Staters who come on to express their outrage here are usually the same ones mentioned when it comes to commenting on the disgusting behaviour and obstruction of justice of the establishment parties in their own state.

Play the ball not the man

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Itchy on January 07, 2018, 10:25:18 PM

I've made my comments on this matter. I'm just pointing out the selective outrage from free staters, but there seems to be an agenda to quell this being pointed out.

Itchy

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 07, 2018, 10:30:48 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 07, 2018, 10:25:18 PM

I've made my comments on this matter. I'm just pointing out the selective outrage from free staters, but there seems to be an agenda to quell this being pointed out.

You know what outrages all free staters? Tell me have I selective outrage too. Curious as to your assessment of this free stater.