Have you ever..........................................

Started by stew, January 22, 2009, 07:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Told your boss exactly what you think of him and given him stick during a meeting?

I just resigned my position and will be leaving a job I have had for eight years, my last day is the first of June, yer man was a mate of mine but turned into a corporate arsehole and he has been abusing his position for 18 months, what came out of my mouth was unreal but I meant every word and he cried ffs!

I feel great about getting it off my chest however I need to find a job in the next four and a half months but I am glad I did it.

Have any of you had the opportunity to tell the boss a few home truths about what you think of him or her?????

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ardmhachaabu

Nope.  I don't believe in burning bridges with employers, even when I haven't liked their attitudes or work practices.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

stew

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 22, 2009, 07:13:10 PM
Nope.  I don't believe in burning bridges with employers, even when I haven't liked their attitudes or work practices.

I didnt burn my bridges, we talked things through this morning and we are fine, i stand by what I said, he apologized for some things and on other things we agree to disagree. I shook his hand wished him well in the future, he said the same to me.

If I had kept quiet nothing would have changed and that would have affected 68 associates in my care and 266 in his, that is why I cut loose.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Ah stew - what a great and topical thread.

I threw the head up 2 weeks ago, and quit my lab. He and I came as close to blows in his office as I could ever imagine. Basically I couldnt work for the cnut anymore, his constant wasting of my time, ignorance and the thousands of blind alleys he had me running up. He didnt like me telling him so, so I quit the whole shebang.

There have been a few weeks now of deliberations between us and other parties, and a couple of meetings.

Im headed into my final "coming to jesus" meeting here in 1hr and 15 minutes, and although Im perfecly calm and at peace with what ever decision myself and my committee make, I cant help but wonder how I can look that m****rf****gc********r in the eye and not leap across the table and pummel him.

Quite frankly I feel like he's destroyed my fledgling career before it took off.

I feel so much better now.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: stew on January 22, 2009, 07:28:03 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 22, 2009, 07:13:10 PM

I didnt burn my bridges, we talked things through this morning and we are fine, i stand by what I said, he apologized for some things and on other things we agree to disagree. I shook his hand wished him well in the future, he said the same to me.

If I had kept quiet nothing would have changed and that would have affected 68 associates in my care and 266 in his, that is why I cut loose.
Fair play  :)

Best thing I ever did work wise was to go in on a Monday morning, resign, hand in my keys and pass and leave the building.  Such a feeling of liberation I can tell ya!

Wouldn't do it now as I have way more responsibilities now than I did then
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Tony Baloney

I thought people only told their bosses what they thought of them after a dozen pints at the Xmas do!

The Watcher Pat

When I was about 18 and had a summer job I threw a hammer at my boss one day and walked out...In hindsight i should have hit him over the head with it....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

stew

PMSL, puck, I am here with a colleague and he is laughing his arse off at this thread as well.  :D :D :D :D

This has cheered me up no end.

stiffler

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 22, 2009, 08:12:31 PM
When I was about 18 and had a summer job I threw a hammer at my boss one day and walked out...In hindsight i should have hit him over the head with it....

Wheres that at pat?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

stephenite

Quite a few years ago in Dublin there were 3 very happy country lads working in an IT department, evveryone got on well, enjoyed the work, and had a good social scene.

New boss comes in that is a total bluffer - and I mean complete bullshit artist, ignorant w**ker - one lad was let go only for one of his mates to come into the role, one of the lads couldn't deal with him and moved to work out of the Cork office, it eventuates with me sending an email to my mate down in Cork after a desk re-organisation "Ha ha the fat f**k can't see me now" except I sent it to the boss. He resigned his position 3 weeks later

ziggysego

I was playing golf with the boss one day in Newtownstewart. Bearing in mind I'm 3ft and the golf cub was small sized, it wasn't going to end well. Boss said he'd help me and stood behind me. I took a big swing and accidentially whacked him over the back of the head.
Testing Accessibility

the Deel Rover

Ah this thread brings back the memories used to have a bolux of a manager 15 year s ago a complete cnut if ever there was one any was i was looking around for other jobs and had been success full with the interview . I went into the office waited for him to loose the temper like he usually did and then said i d like a word with him . Went it told him he could shove his f**king job up his hole and that he was the biggest bolux the ever walked the earth the look on his face was priceless .Never felt so happy in my life went out that night and got pissed.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

RedandGreenSniper

Have been tempted myself a few times but one of the funniest things I ever saw was a lad I worked with blowing his top.

We were both working in the off license in Dunnes when a dufus of a trainee manager (a fella about 21 up from Cork, only two years older than us) came in and asked the buck why hadn't he restacked the Chilean wines, a job your man had been asked to do about half an hour ago. In the mean time we were flat out on the tills, which the buck said.

Trainee manager says 'ah ya always have some excuse, don't ya' in a smart, condescending manner that he always used.

The buck flips. Roars at your man 'you can f**k off you ****'. Then rips his shirt off, buttons flying everywhere, so standing bare chested he fucks the shirt at yer man and says 'you can stuff your job up your hole'!

Off he goes striding towards the exit. Gets to the exit and then realises it is the middle of winter and its lashing rain outside. He pauses for a split second when he realises the decision before him. So he realises he can't swallow his pride and turn back so off he goes out the front of Dunnes, into the rain with nothing but the trousers on him. He had to walk past the off-license window where myself and a few customers are in hysterics and he puts the chest out, stares at yer man again and gives him the two finger salute.

Met him later and he said he walked home like that! Had to buy him a pint because I was still laughing
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

The Real Laoislad

Most employees give out about their boss,usually the employee never thinks they are wrong and the Boss is always wrong.

Most of the time though the employee isn't doing the work he is being paid to do,Its amazing how some people don't like being told what to do at work! The same work they are being paid to do..

Its not always the bosses fault if you ask me a lot of the time the employee is the cause of the problem between the two a lot of workers begrudge someone who has risen up in a company or started a company and is higher up than the employee...
You'll Never Walk Alone.