Podcasts

Started by Soup an Samajiz, November 06, 2015, 09:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: marty34 on May 30, 2019, 09:58:50 PM
What's the best hurling podcast out at the minute?

Off The Ball has a fair bit atm

Enjoying the WTF with Marc Maron interviews

Under Lights

Quote from: trailer on April 04, 2019, 04:32:31 PM
Does anyone listen to podcasts on their Alexa and if so what app do they use? I can obviously link through my phone but its clunky if you want to use your phone for something else and I find podcasts take up an awful amount of storage.

Spotify

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on May 30, 2019, 08:48:18 PM
Have been listening to The Peter Crouch podcast lately, its very good and very funny at times.

Yes, listened to a few. They're very good.

Anyone who remembers the Premier League in the 90's might like 'Quickly Kevin, Will He Score?' - The 90s Football Show Podcast. Listened to a few so far. Very very good, and a bit of nostalgia. Looks like they've stopped making them, but plenty of them still available. Definitely worth a listen.

gallsman

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History - Wrath of the Khans

lurganblue

Quote from: gallsman on June 06, 2019, 11:42:20 AM
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History - Wrath of the Khans

His podcasts are class!

For boxing fans give "Boxing Life Stories" by Tris Dixon a wee listen.

The Gs Man

Theo Von's "This Past Weekend" and Chris Delia's "Congratulations" are very, very funny if you like podcasts from comedians.
Keep 'er lit

Square Ball

Never listened to Pod Casts, but was recommended the Joe Rogan experience, he done two with Brian Cox, very very interesting and we'll, diddnt understand half of it, Inflationary multi verses 🤯🤯
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

gallsman

Quote from: Square Ball on July 24, 2019, 12:44:48 PM
Never listened to Pod Casts, but was recommended the Joe Rogan experience, he done two with Brian Cox, very very interesting and we'll, diddnt understand half of it, Inflationary multi verses 🤯🤯

Don't worry, Rogan understood even less than you did.

Hey man, have you ever tried DMT?

lurganblue

Any new recommendations for podcasts?

Main Street

Quote from: lurganblue on March 22, 2020, 04:38:22 PM
Any new recommendations for podcasts?
Depends on what's old.

West Cork  (Sophie Toscan du Plantier), could remind you at times of Straw Dogs.
and the BBC productions - The Tunnel & Crypto Queen.

It might have been mentioned before  but archive.org is a great resource, not just for 14,296 Grateful Dead concert recordings.
https://archive.org/details/podcasts

Never beat the deeler

A lot of the podcasts I listen to have already been mentioned on the thread, but I find the following good:

- That Peter Crouch podcast: He seems like a funny down to earth guy and the other 2 aren't afraid to pull him up on things that he takes for granted
- Quickly Kevin, will he score: Excellent 90s football podcast with comedian Josh Widdicombe.
- Irish History podcast with Fin Dwyer
- The 2 Johnnies podcast: This may be old news, but I just found out about these lads recently (I live in Australia) and enjoying their podcast
- The David McWilliams podcast: Find his stuff intriguing. He talks about wide ranges of topics and links it back to economics. Don't need to know anything about economics to enjoy
- Casefile: A good true crime podcast. Produced in Australia, so has an Aussie bias to the crimes they cover, but have done a lot of the bigger worldwide stories like the moors murders etc. If you want to know all the details about Ivan Milat (backpacker murders) or Daniel Morcombe (13 year old that disappeared - how they caught the killer is too unbelievable even for a movie)
- GAA hour with Colm Parkinson: I wasn't a Woolly fan before I started listening, but this is an essential GAA resource. Detailed reviews of games. Any bias are usually stated so you can take it into account. And generally neither the bland 'don't want to offend anyone' type analysis nor the personal attacks (though Parkinson does sometimes use the podcast to further his spats with the likes of Brolly, Poacher etc)
- Mayo News Podcast: For all things one-sided Mayo GAA. Particularly helpful during club season, FBD and league
- Balls.ie: Surprisingly good, though not as good imo since they lost Maurice Brosnan
- Off the ball, Second captains etc
- various AFL podcasts

Hasta la victoria siempre

screenexile

I follow very few as I don't get to listen to many but when I get a chance i'll listen to the below:

OTB Golf Podcast - Usually once a week
Blindboy Podcast - I only listen to the live podcasts wouldn't be greatly fussed on the others
Full Disclosure with James O'Brien - Some very good interviews with interesting people on it
Ireland Unfiltered with Dion Fanning - Again some good interviews
The Stand with Dunphy - I really enjoy the gangland stuff he did and he has some good interviews as well
Joe Rogan Podcast - I dip in and out if there's a gues I want to listen to. Derren Brown/Tyson Fury/Bill Burr/Jamie Foxx some good ones

I'm sure there are many other good ones but that's what I get the chance to listen to. I'd love to get into Bob Mortimer's podcast Athletico Mince I think he's hilarious and have heard some good skits from it.

JohnDenver

Quote from: screenexile on March 23, 2020, 12:19:56 PM
I follow very few as I don't get to listen to many but when I get a chance i'll listen to the below:

Blindboy Podcast - I only listen to the live podcasts wouldn't be greatly fussed on the others
Full Disclosure with James O'Brien - Some very good interviews with interesting people on it
The Stand with Dunphy - I really enjoy the gangland stuff he did and he has some good interviews as well
Joe Rogan Podcast - I dip in and out if there's a gues I want to listen to. Derren Brown/Tyson Fury/Bill Burr/Jamie Foxx some good ones

I'm sure there are many other good ones but that's what I get the chance to listen to. I'd love to get into Bob Mortimer's podcast Athletico Mince I think he's hilarious and have heard some good skits from it.

Enjoy Dunphy too, although he often goes easy on some of the guests, regardless of their views. Brendan O'Neill is a regular contributor ("Ardent Brexiteer" is quoted almost as often as Tesco Finest!) and Ben Lowry was on recently. Wouldn't mind him or possibly another guest on at the same time to grill these pair on their views.

screenexile

Quote from: JohnDenver on March 23, 2020, 12:26:46 PM

Enjoy Dunphy too, although he often goes easy on some of the guests, regardless of their views. Brendan O'Neill is a regular contributor ("Ardent Brexiteer" is quoted almost as often as Tesco Finest!) and Ben Lowry was on recently. Wouldn't mind him or possibly another guest on at the same time to grill these pair on their views.

Brendan O'Neill is an absolutely vile piece of shit!!

I actually feel sorry for Lowry I think he is genuinely stupid and is struggling with the move towards unification!!

JohnDenver

Quote from: screenexile on March 23, 2020, 12:56:01 PM
Quote from: JohnDenver on March 23, 2020, 12:26:46 PM

Brendan O'Neill is an absolutely vile piece of shit!!

I actually feel sorry for Lowry I think he is genuinely stupid and is struggling with the move towards unification!!

I think he was on the news there in the last few days saying about how everybody is overreacting, and we've never closed the pubs etc. You do wonder sometimes about people who are supposedly educated and smart.

On the podcast topic itself:

An Irishman Abroad - Jarlath Regan - good back catalogue with interviews from various backgrounds
Few of the local comedians
Shane Todd - Tea with me
Colin Geddis - General Banter
Aaron McCann - Dirt Civil
Shagged Married Annoyed - light listening about married couple who i'm sure a lot can relate to!
Open Goal - Si Ferry, Kevin Kyle and Paul Slane - scottish football related, with some episodes being interviews with former players