Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redgreenery

This is Smiths perfect oppertunity to try and get back into the starting squad till Ole comes back I'd say.

Square Ball

not coming  off, just a bit loose.

I am a bit concerned about the league matches, the FA cup can come and go and i dont really care, wait and see is all we can do at the  minute.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

click on media player on the bottom of the page, diddnt see it before
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Redgreenery

AC have now (AET) beaten Celtic 1-0.

full back

Things are getting desperate now lads.
Saha & Ole gone and Larsson going, Fergie has to move heaven & earth to keep him now.
Money should be no object when we are still going on 3 fronts.

On last nights game, just glad to get a result. Nothing special but good to be in the 1/4 finals for the first time in a few years

Declan

Are United hitting a bad patch at the wrong time of the year? I thought they were brutal last night .Rooney looks like a shadow of himself. Ronaldo must be the most frustrating player in the world. Keep it simple and do what he's supposed to do and he can be effective but the only thing he did last night was cross for the goal.
Bar Scholes they were poor in midfield. Ferdinand is some poser and only for Vidic, Van der Sar (who wasn't his usual self either) they'd be shagged. When are they due to play Chelsea? 

Goats Do Shave

They have played poorly for the last 5 matches...but they've scraped through by a goal in each game.

Every team has a bad patch hopefully UTD are about to come through theirs!

Have to say Smudger looked a lot sharper last night than he did before he got injured!!!

maxpower

Have to agree with that Alan Smith was alot sharper than i had expected, i think him and Rooney could be a dangerous enough forward unit for the next few weeks or so.

Performances have been poor, but to come through 5 matches playing poorly and not concede a goal is impressive in its own rights.
What happens next????

magpie seanie

I actually don't think it was that bad a performance. Lille are a terribly hard team to play against. No team in the Premiership has a work rate like them, thats for sure. People might say Ronaldo and Rooney had terrible games but every time they got the ball there were 3 yellow shirts around them - not much you can do with that. The two times Ronaldo wasn't treble teamed he was fouled for a peno (but the ref gave him a yellow card) and set up the goal. He has to learn to take better options when he is marked like that though.

I wonder what the Liverpool fans think of that w**ker Jim Beglins comments last night? Such a tool. Made a p***k of himself accusing Ronaldo of diving on more than one occasion. Glad John O'Shea's goal last Saturday pissed him off so much.

So to Friday and the quarter final draw. I'd like United to avoid Liverpool and Chelsea but whoever you get its going to be tight. I reckon one of the 3 English teams will win it.

SlimShady

Quote from: maxpower on March 08, 2007, 09:13:27 AM
Have to agree with that Alan Smith was alot sharper than i had expected, i think him and Rooney could be a dangerous enough forward unit for the next few weeks or so.
Performances have been poor, but to come through 5 matches playing poorly and not concede a goal is impressive in its own rights.

Rooney has been f**king brutal (apart from the very odd flash in front of goal-very odd) for the most of the season. He hasnt scored in Europe since the Fenerbahce debut game i think.

something isnt quite right with him, perhaps Colleen is playing away.

agreed, Jim Beglin is a complete ****. The tone of his voice sickens my hole even!

Goats Do Shave

Hate him myself...but the worst has to be yer man on sky...used to play for Arsenal Alan Smith!!!  >:(

I'd like Chelsea to draw the scousers again...

I'd take PSV! Even the Italian teams don't have that edge they used to have over the English teams anymore...so one of those would be ok!

I'd like to avoid Bayern.

Farrandeelin

I agree with magpie that it wasn't necessarily (sp) a bad performance despite what the RTE men said last night. Agree with all about J Beglin, accusing Ronaldo of diving when he didn't dive. I think it was that other p***k Darragh Moloney who said he got the yellow card for 'going down the way he did'. FFS, if you're fouled in the box you go down, I know it may be a bone of contention but that is how the way soccer is played by all teams. Happy about the result though. I don't honestly care who we get although am hoping for Chelsea v Liverpool because one of them would be be knocked out!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

Lads, if Ronaldo had simply fallen over, assuming he got enough contact to make him fall over, it would have been a penalty. The Oscars were last week, so there's no need to attempt the melodrama. Why, oh why, do players feel the need to do the big arched back, fully extended triple salko? And before you accuse me of anti United bias, it's not just Ronaldo that does it.

Did ye see the interview with Paul Scholes? What a down to earth lad. A GAA player trapped in a soccer player's body :D

magpie seanie

Agree about Scholes. An absolute gem.

AZ - it looked to me like a cast iron pen. I don't even think the dive was all that theatrical - there was substantial contact. I detest diving but this was not a dive.

AZOffaly

I'd have given a penalty Seanie, but the way he flew down was too much I thought. He actually made a foul look like a dive in my opinion.