Marc O'Se retires

Started by Declan, October 12, 2016, 01:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Some legacy and some footballer. Good luck to him

macdanger2

Zulu

One of the best. The epitome of the classy, footballing defender. Hope you enjoy your retirement.

AZOffaly

End of an era. Last of the O'Sés for now at least. Best wishes to him, an excellent servant for the Kingdom.

No wides

Did he run this retirement pass Tony Fearon at all?

Buttofthehill

Great footballer and always came across as a gent in the media etc

yellowcard

Brilliant defender who always relied on pure footballing ability to get him out of trouble. Never relied on physical strength or dirt but used pace, anticipation, awareness and not to mention an ability on the ball rarely seen in corner backs. It's funny how the three O'Se's were all brilliant footballers and yet very distinct and different in their style's.

muppet

Top class for a very long time. Seems like a nice fella too. Best of luck to him on whatever he does next. He has had a habit of being below the brothers' radar for a while before outshining even them, so who knows where he might turn up.
MWWSI 2017

Thy Kingdom Come

It's gas that Marc O'Se won more All Ireland in his and Kerry's decline stage 2010-2016, than Mayo have won in their maturity stage 2011-2016! And a mature Mayo could not beat a declining Kerry team!

tonto1888

one of the best, I wiash him luck in whatever he is doing

rrhf

Great masterful player. The end of the current era for the greatest GAA family dynasty.

5 Sams

Lot of people today saying that Marc was the best of the 3 brothers...hard to disagree..always got the hard job of marking the opposition's best forward. Could have played anywhere...I know he has played and plays regularly at CHF for An Ghaeltacht scoring for fun. End of an era for muintir Ard a' Bhothair which began in 1975 when Páidí won his first AI medal. I dont think their achievement as a family will ever be equalled. BTW Marc is a pure gentleman...so are the other two boys but they have the added element of the same "rogaireacht" as Páidí had..especially Darragh!
The Aristocrat Years

orangeman

5 all irelands, 10 Munsters, 3 all stars.

But for a brilliant Tyrone and Armagh team he could have had 7/8 all Ireland's.

I laughed at the story he told about Páidí who said it was not good unless you needed both hands to count the Celtic crosses you had.

Marc was a class act in every way. Not sure if with the systems that are around now if we'll ever see the likes of men like him again. I loved watching him. Best wishes to him on his retirement.

galwayman

Class act. Set the standard for corner back play for years.
As well as being excellent at the defensive aspect he brought a lot to the table from an attacking point of view too.
Played in that position for a good few years myself and several times went to Kerry games purely to watch his movement and how he defended etc.
A classy player

Jinxy

Quote from: orangeman on October 12, 2016, 11:58:17 PM
5 all irelands, 10 Munsters, 3 all stars.

But for a brilliant Tyrone and Armagh team he could have had 7/8 all Ireland's.

I laughed at the story he told about Páidí who said it was not good unless you needed both hands to count the Celtic crosses you had.

Marc was a class act in every way. Not sure if with the systems that are around now if we'll ever see the likes of men like him again. I loved watching him. Best wishes to him on his retirement.

He'd need two hands to count them if he was a Cavan man.
If you were any use you'd be playing.