Bryan Cullen retires

Started by Declan, January 09, 2015, 02:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Good long IC career and a great servant to the Dubs. Not too many lads around can say they lifted Sam. Thanks for the memories Bryan and enjoy the rest of your footballing career

Jinxy

Retiring to the VIP lounge in Coppers.  :)
Handled the transition from minor to senior really well.
Just lacked that bit of pace but a seriously intelligent and hard-working footballer.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

fearglasmor

easytiger95

He was looked on as a new Kev Moran - but it was that lack of pace at centre back that undid him - certainly he had the football for the position. Pivotal in 2011, I would argue - having him and Cattser on the half forward line gave huge solidity to the centre and both had the skills to get vital scores. Did dog's work getting on the ball and wasn't far off the standard that Galvin set for that roving role.

Probably the best thing that can be said of him is that despite the fact he was a natural gifted footballer, he never hesitated to sacrifice himself for the team, whether that was filling in around midfield, shoring up the defence or at wing forward. A class act, and I still grin whenever someone gives it "See yis all in Coppers, yeah?"

Enjoy the rest Bryan.

orangeman

A real team player willing to do anything, play anywhere.

Great servant.

moysider

Fine footballer; sound man.
All the best to him.

Club Rossa

A damn good footballer and a nice fella.M young lad met him after the league game in Healy Park last year,stopped for a chat and a photo.
I wish him well in his retirement.

5 Sams

Met him in the Quays shopping centre in Newry a few months after he lifted Sam...pure gentleman...would have talked football all day...enjoy the retirement BC
The Aristocrat Years

T Fearon

Probably free him up to spend more time in Coppers

tonto1888

A player I always enjoed watching. Enjoy the retirement BC

GalwayBayBoy

Disappointed to hear they didn't even go to Coppers in the end. :(

Syferus

So I guess the 'jihadists' won this round.