Donegal v Dublin 7th April

Started by Declan, March 28, 2013, 08:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Folks for the few lunatic Dub fans who want to welcome the reigning All Ireland champions onto the pitch before relegating them to Div 2 ;) ;)

Any suggestions for decent B&Bs around that neck of the woods?

cadence

http://www.hilltopbandb.net/

looks alright. it's in stranorlar, just across the river from the ground heading towards letterkenny. 10-15min walk to the ground i'd say.

http://www.hilltopbandb.net/Map.htm

Declan

Fuzzman

Jackson's hotel isn't bad Dec and they're charging €45 for a single room or €49 for a double
http://www.jacksons-hotel.ie/

ck

Interesting to see if dubs play full strength team against Donegal. I think if thy do they could hammer Donegal

yellowcard

This game has the potential to be a dress rehearsal for the AI final in September if they avoid each other. Therefore with nothing to be gained I would expect Dublin to play a second team against Donegal.

Canalman

1st round of DSFC being played later that week with semi final to be played shortly after. Honestly think it will be a team with lots of players either playing intermediate club football and guys who haven't figured much so far in the league.
Donegal imho despite the downplaying by them in the media will be well up for this one.

Won't be there but always preferred Ballyshannon as a venue for league games anyway. If you got a win there you certainly earned it.

heffo

Quote from: Canalman on March 28, 2013, 10:12:12 AM
1st round of DSFC being played later that week with semi final to be played shortly after. Honestly think it will be a team with lots of players either playing intermediate club football and guys who haven't figured much so far in the league.
Donegal imho despite the downplaying by them in the media will be well up for this one.

Won't be there but always preferred Ballyshannon as a venue for league games anyway. If you got a win there you certainly earned it.

It'll be a very weak team out

Declan

thanks Fuzzman - a few options - I might just bring my boots in case Jim needs me ;) ;)

heffo

Quote from: Declan on March 28, 2013, 10:38:24 AM
thanks Fuzzman - a few options - I might just bring my boots in case Jim needs me ;) ;)

Mick O'Dowd has been looking for your number - you're dead to Jim now!

Declan

cadence

Think whoever plays for Dublin these days are trying to make a name for themselves with the competition for places that's going on. If we play like we have been we might be on the end of an awful hiding. In the past I would've been worried about heading down to div 2 but can't say I am now. If we get beat but it means we learn more about what we need to do to get right for Tyrone I'd take that every time.

yellowcard

In previous years I don't think it would have been a big deal getting relegated from division 1. However there is a very distinct gap in quality between divisions 1 and 2. Most people expected Down to be relegated from the very beginning but for the other team that joins them it would be a big blow. I would expect Donegal to beat an under strength Dublin which leaves one of Kerry or Mayo to join them.

Walter Cronc

Any news on Neil Mc Gee's injury??

BluestackBoy

McGee is not too bad & both he and Lacey are expected to be fit for the Tyrone game ;D ;D ;D
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.