The real story in Ireland

Started by Declan, January 20, 2011, 08:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Shark

Extensive discussion on this topic over on politics.ie, albeit it has become railroaded somewhat, as these things often are.

My initial reaction was obviously one of shock, and you really would have to wonder what value household appliances are to a bailiff. There seems to be some sense of making people who owe money suffer for the sake of it.

On the other side of it, I hear plenty of stories every day about the revenue being very reasonable to deal with as long as you are up front with them. Either there is more to this story than is being let on, or else nobody would ever make a deal with the revenue because they know that the taxman could knock on the door at any time. It seems truly bizarre that a payment schedule would be agreed, the conditions met, and still bailiffs arrive anyway.

The other thing I can't ignore on this is that this is the same cheerleading Ray Darcy who suggested that he'd leave the country if Enda Kenny was made Taoiseach after the last election. I wonder if someone emailed him to that effect, would that email get read out? This is the Ireland the FF created - and which he encouraged people to propagate.

Declan

QuoteThe other thing I can't ignore on this is that this is the same cheerleading Ray Darcy who suggested that he'd leave the country if Enda Kenny was made Taoiseach after the last election. I wonder if someone emailed him to that effect, would that email get read out? This is the Ireland the FF created - and which he encouraged people to propagate.

Agree 100% LS