Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

I'm struggling with this Kodi Android stuff. The whole setup is whatever is the opposite of intuitive and whether it works or not seems to depend on the direction of the wind or something.

As I was saying the neighbour gave me his new Android box to set up. I spent most of yesterday f*king about with it and finally settled on Phoenix, for two reasons - (1) it seems to have loads of everything he wants - UK and Satellite TV, Sky Sports and a whole lot of other sports, and loads of movies. (2) It worked  great. Watched any TV I wanted. Watched the Players golf on Sky. Gave him a ring, said I'd drop in this evening and set it up for him.

Came home tonight - checked again - all TV channels working grand but no sport to be had anywhere. All of the places I could get Sky Sports last night, I just get a whirring wheel for a minute and it comes back to the menu. Then I go back to Live TV - nothing. No BBC. No UK channels. Now I have to ring him and tell him I'm not coming and I have no answer when he asks me what's wrong, because I have no f*king idea.

What do people do in a situation like this? (After the throwing stuff at the wall, etc.) Reinstall? Is there a vital bit of info that I don't have/understand? Is this what I can expect all the time with IPTV? on Android.

Help!

FermGael

Seems sky, bt, Virgin,  etc whave being doing a bit of work together  to block the kodi boxes as well through their broadband.
VPN was needed over the weekend and tonight to watch the football.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

lurganblue

Quote from: FermGael on May 15, 2017, 11:09:42 PM
Seems sky, bt, Virgin,  etc whave being doing a bit of work together  to block the kodi boxes as well through their broadband.
VPN was needed over the weekend and tonight to watch the football.

Heard this but dont really know much about it. I watched the boxing over the weekend and had no problems but them i'm with talktalk.  What does a VPN do? is it like a proxy IP or something?

Boycey

As well as the android boxes getting fcuked around with (although thus far I've had no trouble in the south) today has been the worst day so far for the dodgy boxes with these channels all disappearing

Sky Sports 1 UK
Sky Sports 2 IRL
sky Sports 3 UK
Sky F1
Sky 1 UK
sky 1 +1 UK
F0X
Comedy Central UK
Cartoonito
Nickelodeon
Nickelodeon +1
Nicktoons
Nick Jr
Sky Matt Damon
Sky Arts
RTE 1 IRL
RTE 1 +1 IRL
RTE 2 IRL
TV3 IRL
TG4 IRL
Oireachtas TV IRL
RTE Jr IRL
RTE News Now IRL

We're doomed........ That's all the Sky Sports channels gone now

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Boycey on May 16, 2017, 03:51:30 PM
As well as the android boxes getting fcuked around with (although thus far I've had no trouble in the south) today has been the worst day so far for the dodgy boxes with these channels all disappearing

Sky Sports 1 UK
Sky Sports 2 IRL
sky Sports 3 UK
Sky F1
Sky 1 UK
sky 1 +1 UK
F0X
Comedy Central UK
Cartoonito
Nickelodeon
Nickelodeon +1
Nicktoons
Nick Jr
Sky Matt Damon
Sky Arts
RTE 1 IRL
RTE 1 +1 IRL
RTE 2 IRL
TV3 IRL
TG4 IRL
Oireachtas TV IRL
RTE Jr IRL
RTE News Now IRL

We're doomed........ That's all the Sky Sports channels gone now

Lost all these channels and I'm devestated, what is the alternatives to this now? Thank god the football season is coming to an end I've 2 months to find new ways to steal TV.
Living the dream!!!

Don Johnson

Fella in work is getting this IPTV in, apparently it's the new thing.

Anyone get their box from a fella Owen on Facebook? He was constantly changing his Facebook page (seemed to be any time he got a few bad reviews) and claiming he had been shut down. There was a private facebook support group, and he would post stuff but always turn off comments to stop any bad reviews/comments. Funnily enough, since all the channels started disappearing he has dropped off the group and became uncontactable - his wife says Facebook has banned him and we will have updates soon. Nothing!

lurganblue

Quote from: Don Johnson on May 17, 2017, 09:35:02 AM
Fella in work is getting this IPTV in, apparently it's the new thing.

Anyone get their box from a fella Owen on Facebook? He was constantly changing his Facebook page (seemed to be any time he got a few bad reviews) and claiming he had been shut down. There was a private facebook support group, and he would post stuff but always turn off comments to stop any bad reviews/comments. Funnily enough, since all the channels started disappearing he has dropped off the group and became uncontactable - his wife says Facebook has banned him and we will have updates soon. Nothing!

I follow him on bakebook as i was interested but never bit the bullet.  He's safer just putting up a post saying that the ass has fell out of it and there is no fix.

Don Johnson

Yeah that's it, I have been added to another group with a view to getting the IPTV from them. The fellas on that group have told everyone straight from the start that it looked to be the end for those type of boxes.

lurganblue

Looks like IPTV could have it's problems soon too though with the Sky, BT and Virgin broadband blocks.

nrico2006

Some people were holding hope for the channels to be made available again, but at the end of the day they never recovered the HD channels when they went so was always looking the same for the latest ones that have been going.

I am going for IPTV, but going to hold off for a month or too to see how stable it is with a lot of people going to go to it now in big numbers.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

northsideboy

I've noticed channels gradually disappearing alright. Not good but then it was never probably going to last for ever and the level of evasion is now probably starting to affect the bottom line for Sky, BT and what the rights holders are able to extort.

FermGael

Ultimatemania, sportsmania and sportsnation had major issues.
The football games could only be watched by using a VPN.
When the football was on the rest of their stations were down.
Seems to have been a court case that is forcing the major broadband companies to take action.
After the football was over all stations were fully working again .
The mods of the mania stations say they have a work around which will be in place for next season.
The VPN is a pain but they still work.

Long term I would say if you want to watch via IPTV then you will have to have a good VPN.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

laoislad

Sportsmania acting the p***k tonight. Trying to watch the Sheffield Wednesday Huddersfield game and it's stopping and starting every few minutes.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Watched Utd game start to finish, never flickered.. even watched sky although usually the American streams work better..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on May 17, 2017, 09:27:43 PM
Sportsmania acting the p***k tonight. Trying to watch the Sheffield Wednesday Huddersfield game and it's stopping and starting every few minutes.
I got texted from the wee lad that Sportsmania not working as he wanted to see Celta Vigo v Real. Pile of pish.