The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: heganboy on August 08, 2017, 07:22:05 PM
there's a lot of smoke here...

Is there a fire?

Barca and their propaganda wagon are doing their best to stir up shit. I would be taking the word of Melissa Reddy over any brazilian, catalan source, any day.

laoislad

I think we all know if he doesn't go this summer he will go next summer. I'd hate to see him go, but if they can buy a couple of suitable replacments before the transfer window shuts and if he really wants to go then I say let him off.
You can't blame him to be fair.
If he goes and they have no one lined up to replace him there will be war I'd imagine.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

blewuporstuffed

The main issue with letting him go now, is how do you replace him?
There arent many options out there.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on August 08, 2017, 07:31:54 PM
Quote from: heganboy on August 08, 2017, 07:22:05 PM
there's a lot of smoke here...

Is there a fire?

Barca and their propaganda wagon are doing their best to stir up shit. I would be taking the word of Melissa Reddy over any brazilian, catalan source, any day.
I would believe everything Melissa Reddy says

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minus15

If he was available, Bale would be a suitable replacement

Gabriel_Hurl

J70

Way of the future.

All teams will have them very shortly.

Probably won't be long till GAA follows.

gawa316

100 mil yoyo's for Coutinho rejected

Milltown Row2

Is that not mad? Surely Liverpool wouldn't get more than that to win the League? Think of all the Southampton players they could buy with that amount of money!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

They wont sell to pool no more so all that moneys useless now chap  >:( ;D

The Trap

sell him and bring in Danny Rose, Mahrez and hopefully VVD.......

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: The Trap on August 10, 2017, 09:06:11 AM
sell him and bring in Danny Rose, Mahrez and hopefully VVD.......

They should be bringing in those sorts of reinforcements anyway, even without selling Coutinho
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

Exactly. It's very similar to the Suarez leaving transfer window. Liverpool needed to strengthen anyway, because of the Champions League qualification. Instead they lost Suarez, and never replaced him.

If Liverpool lost Coutinho now, and brought in Salah and Van Dijk, are they really better? Maybe in a 1-11 they are, but as a squad they are not. Ideally you'd be holding onto Coutinho, and bringing in 2-3 First teamers. If you lose Coutinho you still need to buy those 2-3 and ALSO replace him. I don't want to hear how the Countinho money financed the move for van Dijk or something.

Very underwhelmed by the Transfer Window dealings. And it's so late now, that any new lad that does come in will not have had a pre-season with Klopp so can't be prepared fully.

I see Liverpool finishing 5th or 6th.

Milltown Row2

Would be suicide to let Coutinho go now so he'll be at Liverpool for another season then off to Barca, for a similar price but sell him at the end of the season and have your sights on other players, just dont tap them up ;)

getting harder and harder for teams to get players worth their salt, fair play to the Spurs lads that stay with their pay structure the way it is, they could be getting triple their wages elsewhere
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 10, 2017, 09:25:03 AM
Would be suicide to let Coutinho go now so he'll be at Liverpool for another season then off to Barca, for a similar price but sell him at the end of the season and have your sights on other players, just dont tap them up ;)

getting harder and harder for teams to get players worth their salt, fair play to the Spurs lads that stay with their pay structure the way it is, they could be getting triple their wages elsewhere

that would be the best solution alright. But they still need to strengthen the first XI even with Coutinho. If he stays they have loads of options up front with Mané, Salah, Firmino, Lallana, Coutinho, Sturridge and even Ings and Solanke. It's from there back that I think they are still bare. Van Dijk would help, but another strong midfielder would be useful. Hopefully Robertson settles in at left back, which might allow Milner become a utility Midfielder, but I still think a centre back and midfielder are needed.