Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Have we a name for the player that hid in the changing rooms?

Soup an Samajiz

heard Carrickmore man Brian Gormley got the road from Maghery..
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

bmr

Quote from: redzone on July 29, 2015, 12:28:02 PM

More like the Clonoe boys went hiding after the row, knew they weren't going to bully dromore in their home patch

Up The Middle

Quote from: #bmr on July 29, 2015, 01:04:17 PM
Quote from: redzone on July 29, 2015, 12:28:02 PM

More like the Clonoe boys went hiding after the row, knew they weren't going to bully dromore in their home patch

When does the primary schools start back?  ::)
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

ziggysego

Quote from: GaelTheGael on July 28, 2015, 05:21:26 PM
Have to say I was very dissapointed in Trillicks performance at the weekend, missing as many men as us and didn't even look like putting a game up to us. A lot of hype is being written about trillick as dark horses for the championship but I just don't see it. Mattie Donnelly and lee Brennan fine players but other than that average enough team, with their defence very vulnerable and based on the way the league is going I would fancy Greencastle to beat them. Missing 7 starters they went and beat a full strength ardboe team and by all accounts fully deserved and that is no one off with their wins against errigal and coalisland to. Hopefully they get to play trillick with their full contingent. I know I wouldn't fancy getting Greencastle in a championship semi final anyway.

We're missing a fair few of our players too, but it should make for an interesting quarter-final.
Testing Accessibility

WT4E

Quote from: ziggysego on July 29, 2015, 03:34:44 PM
Have to say I was very dissapointed in Trillicks performance at the weekend, missing as many men as us and didn't even look like putting a game up to us. A lot of hype is being written about trillick as dark horses for the championship but I just don't see it. Mattie Donnelly and lee Brennan fine players but other than that average enough team, with their defence very vulnerable and based on the way the league is going I would fancy Greencastle to beat them. Missing 7 starters they went and beat a full strength ardboe team and by all accounts fully deserved and that is no one off with their wins against errigal and coalisland to. Hopefully they get to play trillick with their full contingent. I know I wouldn't fancy getting Greencastle in a championship semi final anyway.

We're missing a fair few of our players too, but it should make for an interesting quarter-final.

Pull the other one - as soon as its fixed - the flights are being booked is what I'm told!!!  ;)

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: WT4E on July 29, 2015, 05:31:34 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 29, 2015, 03:34:44 PM

Pull the other one - as soon as its fixed - the flights are being booked is what I'm told!!!  ;)

Good to see someone give Greencastle some credit, all the talk had been about trillick and no word about Greencastle even though I would say overall Greencastle gave a better team than Trillick, they might lack the individual class of Lee Brennan and Mattie Donnelly but better all around team.

Norf Tyrone

All Ireland quarter final next Saturday. The games tomorrow are not starred sure they're not?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

redzone

Yes they are starred in div1 anyway

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: redzone on August 01, 2015, 06:24:04 PM
Yes they are starred in div1 anyway

I don't think they are in Div 3.

Goals_Will_Come

How come the cavanaghs are playing for the moy today even though it's a starred game, surely this will lead to other teams  abusing the rule and lead to the starred games being  scrapped.

Tyrone Dreamer

The starred games definitely need looked at. The moy have got treated very badly with them this year and could be the difference in staying up or going down. Why would the moy and greencastle be a starred game? Greencastle have no county players.

It wasn't a one off either. They've already played coalisland who have none. They also had a starred game against strabane who only have one county player which they lost by 2 points and a game v donaghmore who have one. So not one starred game is a against a team with two county players.

The farce would not have been if the cavanaghs played today but the fact it was fixed as a starred fixture.

bmr

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 02, 2015, 02:37:09 PM
How come the cavanaghs are playing for the moy today even though it's a starred game, surely this will lead to other teams  abusing the rule and lead to the starred games being  scrapped.

Cavanaghs never played

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on August 02, 2015, 09:22:48 PM
The starred games definitely need looked at. The moy have got treated very badly with them this year and could be the difference in staying up or going down. Why would the moy and greencastle be a starred game? Greencastle have no county players.

It wasn't a one off either. They've already played coalisland who have none. They also had a starred game against strabane who only have one county player which they lost by 2 points and a game v donaghmore who have one. So not one starred game is a against a team with two county players.

The farce would not have been if the cavanaghs played today but the fact it was fixed as a starred fixture.

The starred game system is flawed in that Mickey Harte etc will tell players not to play even in the non starred games!

blewuporstuffed

The standard of refereeing was shocking again today,  when you get a referee at senior level that can't even keep the correct score,  I don't know where you go from there.
Woeful.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either