Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: time ticking away on July 28, 2015, 12:11:48 PM
Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on July 28, 2015, 11:56:29 AM
just informed all club fixtures off next week, this weeks to go ahead but weekend of the 8th/9th August all off
Are you sure about this. No word of it on county website

well its just came from our club secretary in this past hour.. that weekend's games put back to the 16th
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

laceer

There was an email sent from the County Board a while back saying that the Junior Championship was to be played over the weekend of 7/8/9 of August.

Then apparently another email was sent out saying that if Tyrone beat Tipperary and Owen Rose' beat Clogher, the championship would be postponed (due to Cathal McShane I assume), otherwise it would go ahead as above.

Then about two weeks ago there were league games fixed for that weekend.

Now the league games are apparently called off.

What in the name of f**k is going on? Why the complete silence regarding the Junior championship? Why were the Senior and Intermediate championship first rounds played early, but the Junior not?

Any sort of communication at all would be welcome, even if just to say that they're waiting on x, y or z to happen before making a decision on fixtures. I know it's a difficult and thankless task but they really don't seem to make any effort to communicate at all.

The Bearded One

The Junior championship will go ahead on 7th and 9th August, fixtures have been released. As for league games in Divisions 1 and 2, they might well have been cancelled but I haven't heard that for certain.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: The Bearded One on July 28, 2015, 01:16:20 PM
The Junior championship will go ahead on 7th and 9th August, fixtures have been released. As for league games in Divisions 1 and 2, they might well have been cancelled but I haven't heard that for certain.

sorry I should have made clear - im only talkin so far as div 2, not sure what th case is elsewer

Norf Tyrone

Fixtures on 2nd Aug are on as prev stated.

9th Aug is Junior Cship only as not enough refs to cover the Fiv 1 and Div 2 games.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

WT4E

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on July 28, 2015, 01:19:59 PM

sorry I should have made clear - im only talkin so far as div 2, not sure what th case is elsewer

Why would it just be division 2? Makes me suspicious!  :-\

time ticking away

Quote from: WT4E on July 28, 2015, 03:23:18 PM

You do agree though that it would be unfair on edendork to play such an important  game without their best players, even though the rules say they have to
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

GaelTheGael

Have to say I was very dissapointed in Trillicks performance at the weekend, missing as many men as us and didn't even look like putting a game up to us. A lot of hype is being written about trillick as dark horses for the championship but I just don't see it. Mattie Donnelly and lee Brennan fine players but other than that average enough team, with their defence very vulnerable and based on the way the league is going I would fancy Greencastle to beat them. Missing 7 starters they went and beat a full strength ardboe team and by all accounts fully deserved and that is no one off with their wins against errigal and coalisland to. Hopefully they get to play trillick with their full contingent. I know I wouldn't fancy getting Greencastle in a championship semi final anyway.

WT4E

Quote from: time ticking away on July 28, 2015, 04:50:36 PM

You do agree though that it would be unfair on edendork to play such an important  game without their best players, even though the rules say they have to

Yes it would be unfair in my view but a lot of rules turn out to be unfair - so when they become unfair should we move the goalposts immediately? I'm not sure!

Should there be a consultation process at the start of the year of all the teams with county players to make sure they are happy with their starred opponents???

If my memory serves me correctly it used to be pot luck who would end up a starred game until some clubs complained about this and then the county board tried to pair teams as much as possible in a starred round with teams with county players and teams without?

Was it unfair that Owen Roes had to play their opening championship match in the middle of a long lay off for arguably their best player and one of the best up and coming talents in Tyrone? If so, can Owen Roes request a replay?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: WT4E on July 28, 2015, 05:25:39 PM
Quote from: time ticking away on July 28, 2015, 04:50:36 PM

Yes it would be unfair in my view but a lot of rules turn out to be unfair - so when they become unfair should we move the goalposts immediately? I'm not sure!

Should there be a consultation process at the start of the year of all the teams with county players to make sure they are happy with their starred opponents???

If my memory serves me correctly it used to be pot luck who would end up a starred game until some clubs complained about this and then the county board tried to pair teams as much as possible in a starred round with teams with county players and teams without?

Was it unfair that Owen Roes had to play their opening championship match in the middle of a long lay off for arguably their best player and one of the best up and coming talents in Tyrone? If so, can Owen Roes request a replay?

I am gong to side with The Dork men here. Solely because our last starred game is against leaders Cderg.  ;D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Club boi

Quote from: Tommo2 on July 27, 2015, 05:45:02 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on July 27, 2015, 01:37:08 PM
Was there a big of a fracas at the dromore clonoe game yesterday or was it something in nothing have heard a few different reports on my rounds this morning

Come on now!! Dromore wouldn't get involved in a fracas. It was probably more of a melee.

It was mostly "Handbags" until a Dromore Sub hit a Clonoe player from behind (blindsided and very dirty) which infuriated the Clonoe players who chased this player off the pitch and he hid in the changing rooms. Wouldn't even come out after everybody had been showered and changed. Showed his true colours then

rrhf

Quote from: GaelTheGael on July 28, 2015, 05:21:26 PM
Have to say I was very dissapointed in Trillicks performance at the weekend, missing as many men as us and didn't even look like putting a game up to us. A lot of hype is being written about trillick as dark horses for the championship but I just don't see it. Mattie Donnelly and lee Brennan fine players but other than that average enough team, with their defence very vulnerable and based on the way the league is going I would fancy Greencastle to beat them. Missing 7 starters they went and beat a full strength ardboe team and by all accounts fully deserved and that is no one off with their wins against errigal and coalisland to. Hopefully they get to play trillick with their full contingent. I know I wouldn't fancy getting Greencastle in a championship semi final anyway.
Teams have bad days and good days, both are serious outfits this year and deserve great credit for their progress.  Should be a great battle. 

Christmas Lights

I see Eglish beat Errigal Ciaran last night,You'd have to wonder why Errigal are continuing to pay Ronan McGuicken now.  Out of the championship, don't seem that bothered with the league.  Why not tell him just to go and let fingers McDermott take it for the rest of the season who will do it for nothing except expenses?  Errigal always seem to have problems with Eglish, that's a big win for them but its sort of typical Errigal as well, lose games out of the blue they should be winning. 

bmr

Quote from: Club boi on July 28, 2015, 08:36:47 PM
Was there a big of a fracas at the dromore clonoe game yesterday or was it something in nothing have heard a few different reports on my rounds this morning

Come on now!! Dromore wouldn't get involved in a fracas. It was probably more of a melee.

It was mostly "Handbags" until a Dromore Sub hit a Clonoe player from behind (blindsided and very dirty) which infuriated the Clonoe players who chased this player off the pitch and he hid in the changing rooms. Wouldn't even come out after everybody had been showered and changed. Showed his true colours then

Shane o'hagan started it all with a dirty kick as usual nothing changes with clonoe, you would know they are out of the championship

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: #bmr on July 29, 2015, 12:14:17 PM
Quote from: Club boi on July 28, 2015, 08:36:47 PM

Shane o'hagan started it all with a dirty kick as usual nothing changes with clonoe, you would know they are out of the championship

Well measured unbiased post there BMR fair play to ye....  ::)