Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laceer

Is there any official word on dates to go with the fixtures published on the Tyrone website?

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: laceer on April 01, 2015, 12:26:16 PM
Is there any official word on dates to go with the fixtures published on the Tyrone website?

think it all depends on what way the Tyrone u21's fair out
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Soup an Samajiz

what's the opinion on the supposed change to the order of matches with reserve games being played after the senior? is it actually set in stone at this point does anybody know or is it just all talk? Can only be good for the seniors - finally be abit of hot water for a shower for once

WeeDonns

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on April 01, 2015, 12:51:51 PM
what's the opinion on the supposed change to the order of matches with reserve games being played after the senior? is it actually set in stone at this point does anybody know or is it just all talk? Can only be good for the seniors - finally be a bit of hot water for a shower for once
Is this definitely happening? and for all divisions?
I think we'd be better playing the reserves separate on a Friday night than this. I can see us travelling to the far end of the county, watching half the senior game, getting togged out for the reserves and then being told the other club don't have enough for a reserve game

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on April 01, 2015, 12:41:40 PM
Quote from: laceer on April 01, 2015, 12:26:16 PM

think it all depends on what way the Tyrone u21's fair out
I see there is a chance of the game not going ahead in enniskillen to night due to teh weather.
Why is it in enniskillen in the first place?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: WeeDonns on April 01, 2015, 01:02:19 PM
what's the opinion on the supposed change to the order of matches with reserve games being played after the senior? is it actually set in stone at this point does anybody know or is it just all talk? Can only be good for the seniors - finally be a bit of hot water for a shower for once
I think we'd be better playing the reserves separate on a Friday night than this. I can see us travelling to the far end of the county, watching half the senior game, getting togged out for the reserves and then being told the other club don't have enough for a reserve game

na can't see it, I know they split the games in other countys but no, think itd be a mess, its hard enough to get reserves out nevermind ask them to give up their Friday night as well to travel purely for a reserve game which as you say may just be called off half the time. Its all about maintaining numbers for most clubs and half the reserve players turn up because of the senior match, darn't split that up

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on April 01, 2015, 01:24:59 PM
Quote from: WeeDonns on April 01, 2015, 01:02:19 PM

na can't see it, I know they split the games in other countys but no, think itd be a mess, its hard enough to get reserves out nevermind ask them to give up their Friday night as well to travel purely for a reserve game which as you say may just be called off half the time. Its all about maintaining numbers for most clubs and half the reserve players turn up because of the senior match, darn't split that up

I disagree.
I think for reserve footall to survive it needs to have its own fixture, possibly a friday night.
Its certainly worth trying.

Not sure what you mean by asking them to 'give up their friday night', would most of them not train on a friday night anyway?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

bmr

Game changed to breffini still at eight

Onthe40

Is that the ACL starting on sat 11th now?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Onthe40 on April 01, 2015, 11:51:54 PM

More than likely. However the 'if' was IF Tyrone reach the AI Semi Final, which won't be known until next Weds. However I am sure they'll have to make a decision on that before then.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

tyroneboi

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 02, 2015, 09:41:30 AM
Quote from: Onthe40 on April 01, 2015, 11:51:54 PM

More than likely. However the 'if' was IF Tyrone reach the AI Semi Final, which won't be known until next Weds. However I am sure they'll have to make a decision on that before then.

I see the Tyrone website has Division 3 fixtures set for Sunday 12th April but none of the other divisions are up yet. The 2 teams in division 3 affected by the u21s (Owen Roes and Aghaloo) play each other in the first round so unless that one is moved to Saturday?

Under Lights

This is what should happen with reserve football. Split the county. East division 1 and 2. West division 1 and 2. Games on a Thursday night. You are in groups of your near rivals. Imagine some of the ties. Promotion and regelation. No need for breaks in fixtures as county at any level won't affect. Runs from April to August. Helps with lack of refs to have it a separate night too. Someone propose this. Thanks.

bmr

Quote from: Under Lights on April 02, 2015, 09:28:53 PM
This is what should happen with reserve football. Split the county. East division 1 and 2. West division 1 and 2. Games on a Thursday night. You are in groups of your near rivals. Imagine some of the ties. Promotion and regelation. No need for breaks in fixtures as county at any level won't affect. Runs from April to August. Helps with lack of refs to have it a separate night too. Someone propose this. Thanks.
there was rumours that refs had retire but we're seen at the fitness testing

clarshack

Quote from: Under Lights on April 02, 2015, 09:28:53 PM

yes, something like this needs to be done.

Tommo2

Great idea on reserve football. An east/west split would be great as there would be local derbies every week. It would make the league enjoyable and competitive. A condensed season with relegation would also incentivise teams to fulfil the fixtures. Lets do it.