McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBT

Anonymous discussion forums such as this truely are the lowest form of discourse. The gobsh1tes dissing Donal Cusack are blissfully unaware that he is one of only two players that wants McCarthy to remain on in his position. Don't let something as trivial as the facts get in the way of such illuminating and noteworthy discussion.

AZOffaly

That may be so TBT, but why did the two player reps on the selection panel, Donal Og and one other, decide to abstain from the vote in that case?

Given how hard they fought for representation on that process, it seems a waste to abstain. And if Donal Og is behind McCarthy, why not vote for him?

Perhaps the two reps are simply that, reps, and must vote according to their instruction from the panel at large, but does this mean that the panel are split, and majority doesn't rule (i.e. Abstain), or did Donal disagree with what the panel told him to do.

It seems an awful waste to abstain from such a vote.

TBT

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 24, 2008, 04:46:47 PM
That may be so TBT, but why did the two player reps on the selection panel, Donal Og and one other, decide to abstain from the vote in that case?

Given how hard they fought for representation on that process, it seems a waste to abstain. And if Donal Og is behind McCarthy, why not vote for him?

Perhaps the two reps are simply that, reps, and must vote according to their instruction from the panel at large, but does this mean that the panel are split, and majority doesn't rule (i.e. Abstain), or did Donal disagree with what the panel told him to do.

It has been made public why they didn't vote. The fact that you are willing to make comments on something you know next to nothing about does seem very odd.

AZOffaly

I was asking the questions. I haven't commented on Donal Og at all. The reason I'm asking questions is because I want to know more. You obviously know more than me, so help me out.

My general statement at the start is my opinion. I think Cork GAA people need to decide whether they are happy with a county board that many of their players dislike, but who they turn to regularly during the season for certain matters, or whether they want to appease the players and get rid of the likes of Frank and co. and the seemingly archaic processes and procedures that pertain.

Every year, practically, there is some sort of dispute between the county board and the players of either panel. It's getting farcical at this stage.

The GAA

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 24, 2008, 04:46:47 PM

Obviously the player rep would have to represent the voice of the squad and not their own individual opinions.

there's never any shortage of takers for booting donal og in this forum anyway

theskull1

Quote from: TBT on October 24, 2008, 04:40:04 PM
Anonymous discussion forums such as this truely are the lowest form of discourse. The gobsh1tes dissing Donal Cusack are blissfully unaware that he is one of only two players that wants McCarthy to remain on in his position. Don't let something as trivial as the facts get in the way of such illuminating and noteworthy discussion.

Why not enlighten the masses with respectful discourse rather than the spewing broad attacks on everyone who in your opinion who do not possess the facts. More chance of people listening to you then do you not think. Point us to material which gives the perspective of O'Cusask and his motives that you agree with. Sorry I don't know why they didn't vote. Can someone tell me
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

AZOffaly

I couldn't care less if it was Donal Og or Donald Duck. I'm not aware of the 'public' reason for the abstention. That's why I'm asking the question.

It seems, from the outside, to be another internal power struggle between the players and the county board regarding 'process'. In that case, why not vote against the ratification of Gerald McCarthy altogether?

I would be keen to see where I've 'stuck the boot' into Donal Og, other than a few times where I have issues with his public utterances re. the GPA. I have no hang up about him at all, I just disagree with the man on some things.

orangeman

It said in today's Indo that the decision not to support Mc Carthy was a unanimous one - not a majority one, so if Donal Og is now supporting Mc Carthy, he must have changed his mind.

Either way, it's a ridiculous decision, no matter about Donal Og.

INDIANA

because skull he most probably isn't in possesion in the facts. the reality is the cork players wouldn't be happy with christy ring as a manager. the players should simply say what their poisition is and the ones that don't want to play should be told to sling their hook.

theskull1

The players should just play Indiana. It's like asking children are they happy with the brocoilli on their plate? Only encourages whinging from spoilt brats. Just eat it and shut up. It'll do them good in the long run even though they mightn't think it at the time.

To Donal Og and the boys.....F**k sake..grow a set of balls and realise that everyone has their individual responsibility when it comes to winning and losing. Look after what you can control ... ie yourself. If everyone does that instead of looking for excuses then you might get somewhere.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on October 24, 2008, 07:11:29 PM
because skull he most probably isn't in possesion in the facts. the reality is the cork players wouldn't be happy with christy ring as a manager. the players should simply say what their poisition is and the ones that don't want to play should be told to sling their hook.
[/b]

This is a case of deja vu - we had the exact same debate this time last year.

INDIANA

i actually wouldn't agree i felt the footballers had a case last year, they expressed a genuine concern and i think they were vindicated. This is different. if Donal Og supports Mc Carthy TBT why doesn't he say so? He carries a huge amount of weight in the panel and he'd help stabilise situation if what you're saying is true. AND if what you're saying is true , considering O Cusack's professional stance on preparation it would mean the talk of Mc Carthy being too old school in is methods is bullshit. I can't see any reason why he wouldn't support the manager publicly if thats his view. Mc carthy went on a limb for O Sullivan went most managers would have dropped him last year, is he really that bad?
As I said before i thought Mc Carthy got the most out of  a team thats on the way back. Cork need 5 new players to challenge kilkenny and some of the ones behind the shennanigans are maybe afraid of the boot.

orangeman

Lecale2

Am I the only one who is fed up with this sh*te from Cork? I don't care any more who is right and who is wrong. It's just boring.

Reillers

I'm sorry did I miss something. Did I fall asleep and did Donal Og lead a civil war..no, no I don't think so. All we have here is people talking throw their holes, factless and clueless, just venting their hatred. People talking alot of crap about a lot nothing.

Because last time I checked the Cork players after having Gerald Mac..a manager they didn't want in the first place, for 2 years who could have done better, but didn't, a manager who was very tactically naive, poor training and selecting the players. They put up with that with 2 years, they could and should have done better, but they didn't. Gerald Mac, as much as he's done for hurling, he's not a good manager for Cork. He made too many mistakes, he figured out in the Galway match last season what our best team was, and even then some of the decisions he made were very questionable. You've got players who give everything for the game, who train day in day out nearly all year, who don't enjoy it any more..they think they could have done better under someone else..so they say that they'd like if he didn't put his name forward again.

Now am I missing something..but is that not all that happened. Because all this is from ye is one big bitching sesion for people who hate Cork. Maybe wait till something happens before ye use up all ye're whinging, God forbid like.

The players had a meeting, they voted 26 to 2 against the decision of the board, who along with Gerald Mac, were very aware of the players feelings. They said they have made it clear that they are not happy and the ball is now in the boards court.

Now have I missed something or is that all that's happened..

Now they can't go on strike again, so the worst that will happen is that 9 players leave and ye'll have no shite from Cork to put up with. God what will we do then.  ::) ::)